Major quality control issues?

Guest rovex

Guest rovex

I have given up on the Nexus 7 already and it seems im not the only one.

First unit had terrible backlight bleed, it was simply unusable. Second unit was exactly the same. Third arrived and had the screen lifting issue, creeks like an old door and has a really dim, washed out screen, something the first unit also suffered.

I contacted Tesco and the technical help guy said that all he has been doing for the last few days is dealing with the same issues on the N7. Hundreds of returns.

Is it just too cheap for its own good? They seem to be saving money by fitting poor screens and totally ignoring quality control. This whole thing has made me appreciate my Tab 8.9 a whole lot more. Its not perfect, but it is at least screwed together properly.

post-458492-0-98860300-1342956639_thumb.

Edited by rovex

Guest flashyphotos

Hmm,

We seem to have been lucky, 5 in the family, (2 from Tesco and 3 From PCWorld) and all are perfect.

Luck of the draw I suppose, but It is a real PITA when you keep getting duffers of any product,

Guest zen123

Got one from Tesco in perfect condition & one from Currys which has very very slight screen lifting but will be returning as afraid it'll get worse over time.

Guest starkos

Got the exact same back light bleed, should be getting a replacement at tesco tomo. Praying it will be okay but not feeling too confident that's for sure!

Guest flyingscotno1

disappointing to see so many tablets with faults. I guess that's only to be expected with such large quantities especially in the Early . Hopefully you'll get sorted out by Google.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Patrick73

Got mine from local HMV store to get it home and found a chip out of the screen at the bottom right hand side.

The replacement one creeks a little on the left depending on where I hold it in portrait mode.

Mines all good. I'm fortunate enough not be experiencing the Screen Bleed, but I do notice that looking extremely closely at the bottom left corner, I do see a little light peeping through (less than 1mm) more so than the bottom right side, but I don't consider this a fault and won't be returning it to Carphone Warehouse.

I have 20 days left to take back and get a replacement if I get problems and want to swap out. There after I will have to get it repaired.