OpenGL - What exactly should we ask for?

Guest tcpaulh

Guest unaszplodrmann

post-887706-0-17668000-1343291183_thumb.

I just got a reply... Is this what we're looking for or did I word it wrong?

Nice one :) Now all we can do is wait to find out if they're telling porkies! Notice the omission of the Android version in their reply. On the strength of this reply, they could still skip it now and fix it when a Jelly Bean upgrade makes tackling the issue unavoidable.

Guest Hans Gruber

Nice one :) Now all we can do is wait to find out if they're telling porkies! Notice the omission of the Android version in their reply. On the strength of this reply, they could still skip it now and fix it when a Jelly Bean upgrade makes tackling the issue unavoidable.

To be fair to them the version number could easily change between now and release if they find bugs and stuff

Guest Nesli

I´m running B926, when i turned on 2D GPU acceleration in develop. options, i can see noticable increase of 2D performance ( from 250 pts to 650 pts.) in Quadrant benchmark (2D section in Advanced version)...and i can´t see any kind of lags through the system ;).

Guest unaszplodrmann

To be fair to them the version number could easily change between now and release if they find bugs and stuff

Sure. We don't even know whether Google will accept Vodafone's submission if the software components that provide the interface between ui rendering and the hardware feature set are present, but broken.

I´m running B926, when i turned on 2D GPU acceleration in develop. options, i can see noticable increase of 2D performance ( from 250 pts to 650 pts.) in Quadrant benchmark (2D section in Advanced version)...and i can´t see any kind of lags through the system ;).

That tells you that 2D hardware acceleration is functional, but it doesn't not tell you whether 2D UI hardware acceleration is working too.

Guest timfimjim

What do you mean by Android version? They said 'ICS for U8815'?

Guest unaszplodrmann

What do you mean by Android version? They said 'ICS for U8815'?

I mean the actual version number. AFAIK, Huawei have been working with 4.0.3 recently. It is conceivable that they could release a build based on 4.0.3 without 2d ui acceleratino and then add it in 4.0.4. Even if they do fix it in 4.0.3, we may have to wait for several builds before it arrives... Who knows? They're slippery for sure; its just a waiting game.

Edited by unaszplodrmann