[ROM-GEN 2] CyanMobile eXperience Blade 2.3.8 (21st July 2012 - Update)

Guest jigarpattani

I could writes pages if i get into details

This ROM has changed exponentially since i last used in mar-apr

Here these two pics says it all

L6LNC.png

upTea.png

BTW im using the ice9 ics theme...

that makes the notification widgets look ugly..

the stock one is better

PS: Never ever going back to jb,ics unless the OMX/ffdshow libs get released for it

How about battery drain?

not tested yet...

will test for stability and efficiency over this week

nevertheless im not shifting from this ROM..

the level of customizations provided by this rom is to hard to let go :D

This ROM is GODLY

trust me once you try this ....you would never go back to JB...... NEVER

it has everything

enable/disable softbuttons by menu long press

task manager

Upto 6x6 patten unlock

inbuilt scripts for sd-ext way way better than s2e or link2sd - as it supports infividual moving as well as data2sd

etc

i can go on and on about this

TRY it for yourself

questions:

1) it has 2way call recording patch in kernel?

2) how to disable shutdown animation once enabled? I enabled it and cant disable it. (found it on cyanmobile settings/performance)

3) how can i store apps to sd-ext without using s2e? I tried setting the default app location to external sd with no luck

btw, its a cool toy, but no changelogs, claims to be android 2.3.8 which is fail ofc, claimed to be cm9 which is super fail, and its a modified rip of cm7... it can be a very good cm7 kang though. If anyone got any changelogs about these versions, i would appreciate it.

Edited by kogos

Guest keyboardshortcut

questions:

1) it has 2way call recording patch in kernel?

2) how to disable shutdown animation once enabled? I enabled it and cant disable it. (found it on cyanmobile settings/performance)

3) how can i store apps to sd-ext without using s2e? I tried setting the default app location to external sd with no luck

btw, its a cool toy, but no changelogs, claims to be android 2.3.8 which is fail ofc, claimed to be cm9 which is super fail, and its a modified rip of cm7... it can be a very good cm7 kang though. If anyone got any changelogs about these versions, i would appreciate it.

you can ask him personally in his facebook account:

http://www.facebook.com/yanuar.harry

add him first as a friend. :D

so now we have to log on to facebook to talk about roms? no thanks... that's why dev forums are for.

Anybody got any idea how to reject a call the normal way? (without sending and sms or using hard keys).

PS. found out how to do it in case anyone is interested... in call settings, i disabled "quick text"

You can spend days playing around with this rom with this customization level... which is good:) I'm beginning to like it more and more its day.

Edited by kogos

Guest b3rvirus

this... maybe some explanation about the 2.3.8 version he posted months ago ;)

]

CyanMobile eXperience is now with stable release, and have major fix, so now i opened for all porter, all of you can port this rom into your device, without my permission,

this Rom is already on ldpi, mdpi and hdpi, choose one that close on your device

remember to put setprop ro.squadzone.build 1 into init.rc, to make this rom works and run

all binary and library is upto date, so if this not work on your device, i cant help, DO WITH YOUR OWN RISK..

cm7 is update to 2.3.7 but some binary is old, so you will see different on this rom, because i rewrite and combine them with base from samsung source leaked, zte source leaked, huawei stuff and also from CAF, and OMAPF 2.3.6 source, also AOSP ics source,

and because of that, I updated the version to 2.3.8, for noticing user that this is a different build, not the same as 2.3.7 again, since this rom have a lots of update APIs, but still remain in level 10, to prevent unsupported 3rd party app,

all kernel source is already on github,

you can share this my post when you trying to port this rom, so people will not judge you...

Do what you want, but DO NOT SPAM ME WITH MESSAGE

ALL RISK IS YOURS...."

Edited by b3rvirus

.........inbuilt scripts for sd-ext way way better than s2e or link2sd - as it supports infividual moving as well as data2sd

etc

i'm trying to set sd-ext as the default app install location with no luck. I can move apps to sd-ext one by one, but i need to automatically install them in sd-ext, the way its done with s2e or a2sd... anybody got any idea how to do it with this rom?

I read on another forum that i have to go to CMobile setting>Aplication>install location and choose sd-ext, but there no such option... there is automatic, internal and external options, and none of these worked. My sd-ext partition is mounted on startup and data2sd is enabled in developer settings, since i can move apps to sd-ext one by one.

Edited by kogos

Guest b3rvirus

Updated APIs... Is he trying to get ICS/JB apps running on GB?

dunno what it means with updated APIs.. maybe he's trying to mention that it has some of the ICS/JB specific features (like navbar), and another features that no ordinary GB has? ;)

i'm trying to set sd-ext as the default app install location with no luck. I can move apps to sd-ext one by one, but i need to automatically install them in sd-ext, the way its done with s2e or a2sd... anybody got any idea how to do it with this rom?

I read on another forum that i have to go to CMobile setting>Aplication>install location and choose sd-ext, but there no such option... there is automatic, internal and external options, and none of these worked. My sd-ext partition is mounted on startup and data2sd is enabled in developer settings, since i can move apps to sd-ext one by one.

i have these option here in my phone..

CyanMobileSS_2012-09-11-18-56-23.png

but i didn't use SD-ext, so I'm sorry i can't help

are you sure you have enough system partition? or maybe reinstall with full wipe could help

i guess you are on latest 20120829-Release? Gonna try dalvik-cache wipe first, and then try a clean install.

edit: just found out what was causing this... it was the language setting. I saw "CyanMobile settings" on your screenshot, and i was having "CyanogenMod settings" (as seen on the screenshot below)

Cyan_Mobile_SS_2012_09_11_15_45_30.png

That got me thinking so i changed to english language, and i got all the proper options in place. So, i selected SD-Ext as default install location, then changed back to my language (Greek). Although i wasn't able to see the sd-ext option again, apps are now installed to sd-ext by default.

My guess is that when using a non-english language, some settings are shown from the original cyanogenmod files and configurations, so the option to install to SD-Ext was invisible since it never was there in CM7.2, and the title said "CyanogenMod settings". When using english language, options and configurations are shown from the modified cyanmobile file version, and everything seems to be in place.

Anybody know a way to help these guyz translate the rom? I read that i need to find some files on github but i can't find those files

nvm... got it on https://github.com/S...bile_translator... as said on xda:

IF YOU WANT THIS ROM SUPPORT FOR YOUR LANGUAGE,

PLEASE GOTO MY GITHUB AND FORK ALL PACKAGES, FIND INSIDE VALUE FOLDER

AND TRANSLATE ARRAY.XML AND STRING.XML INTO YOUR LANGUAGE

AND PUSH INTO MY GITHUB

I WILL MERGER AND BRING THIS ROM TO SUPPORT YOUR LANGUAGE

Edited by kogos

Guest keyboardshortcut

i have these option here in my phone..

CyanMobileSS_2012-09-11-18-56-23.png

Hi b3rvirus, What did you do to make the nav bar looks like in ICS? :)

I notice my bluetooth was intermittent, I am using 20120829-Release. Did you guys also had this problem? :mellow:

Edited by keyboardshortcut

2way call recording works great with CallRecorder

Battery life is the same as cm7.2 stable for me

Be warned though, it needs a bigger system partition size than cm7.2, 162MB at least without gapps, about 180MB with gapps

Bluetooth works flawlessly for me for listening music and making calls.

Edited by kogos