GOOD NEWS EVERYONE (OPENGL INFO HERE!)

Guest dragpyre

Guest dragpyre

YES GUYS. WE HAVE WON.

OPENGL AND HARDWARE UI IS GO

See screenshot!

WE_WIN.jpg

EDIT: Didn't let the build number slip, but I suppose that's their business till we see it on their phones XD

Edited by dragpyre

Guest anything-but

Good news! But the way they`ve replied to all the questions about openGL and the rest make me think i`ll believe it when we get it. :)

Edited by anything-but

Guest dragpyre

hope it does, wonder when Vodafone's ICS will drop.

They said on their Twitter middle to late August and on their Facebook UK page too!

We might have just got our way guys :3

Guest Mtman1
Good news! But the way they`ve replied to all the questions about openGL and the rest make me think i`ll believe i t when we get it. :)
same. I cant believe it till I see it. Maybe I'll ask the eta....

Guest dragpyre

Good news! But the way they`ve replied to all the questions about openGL and the rest make me think i`ll believe it when we get it. :)

I think its because people like us in our communities kept the pressure on both Huawei and Vodafone, and they could see a potentially significant loss in custom and lots of returned phones if it wasn't implemented.

Well done Everyone!

EDIT:

same. I cant believe it till I see it. Maybe I'll ask the eta....

ETA is middle/late august according to Huawei Device on Twitter and Huawei Device UK on FB.

Edited by dragpyre

Guest FrankieADZ

They said on their Twitter middle to late August and on their Facebook UK page too!

We might have just got our way guys :3

hope so...thats right on the tail end of Q3 for when they promised the release of *Official* ICS

Guest Mtman1

ETA is middle/late august according to Huawei Device on Twitter and Huawei Device UK on FB.

for opengl hardware UI acceleration?

*getting excited*

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Huawei released B892 for china at first June at huawei.com.cn - after one month, at 2012-07-02, they released B926. Iif they released for Europe B892 at 17th july, I suppose that they will release ICS B9xx in middle/late august (approx 20th august).

Guest mack_

YES GUYS. WE HAVE WON.

OPENGL AND HARDWARE UI IS GO

See screenshot!

WE_WIN.jpg

EDIT: Didn't let the build number slip, but I suppose that's their business till we see it on their phones XD

Is is just me or does it not sound right?

they said it is supported but does mean that Open GL will be activated?

Guest dragpyre

I'm noting a distinct lack of the work "HARDWARE" in their reply.

We must be positive. Someone in another thread got a different, more expansive message than mine.

I'll see if I can quote it.

post-887706-0-17668000-1343291183_thumb.

I just got a reply... Is this what we're looking for or did I word it wrong?

This make you happy?

Guest dragpyre

I love the suggestion to go to the Huawei Device UK page. Does that even have more info on the issue? :P

Probably not, they're pushing the Ascend P1 atm (which is a sexy phone, but £365 :o )

But both pages have said that the hardware UI and openGL will be implemented. We should be happy about this.

Guest droiddruid

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-Manufacturers-and-OS/Huawei-Ascend-G300-U8815-ICS-Update-and-Features/td-p/1209875

Hi Guys,

I can’t give any specific dates for a release of ICS on the phone as we simply don’t have them.

I can see that there are a few details missing from the last software test that were done over the last month and we don’t have details regarding when it will be available and if this will be done via a PC or OTA.

When the official ICS ROM is released it should give a much smoother experiencing for you however, I can’t see any details regarding 2D hardware acceleration being disabled or enabled and the only way to know would be to install it when it becomes available.

Then this from Vodafone tech team.

I can't see it arriving in the near future.

Edited by droiddruid

Guest dragpyre

http://forum.vodafon...es/td-p/1209875

Then this from Vodafone tech team.

I can't see it arriving in the near future.

Amazing how my posts get attention from people XD

Either way, Huawei have said Mid/Late August, like they said they would at Q3. Maybe Huawei might put a unbranded ROM on the web then, seeing as vodafone's exclusivity period is over, before Vodafone do it OTA. Either way, Huawei are the main ROM writers. The Tech Team are just the testers, they rely on Huawei to code most things/everything into the ROMs, so I have high hopes that it will be present, and personally, I trust Huawei over Vodafone. Huawei got that B885 speaker fix out very quickly even though we may have got leaked ROMs beforehand, and even though they state in their terms of use that they don't have to provide software support/updates. They have pushed numerous updates since the phones release, and these leaked ROMs show that they are pushing even further forward in improving the experience.

I have faith in them.

Guest pelago

I'm noting a distinct lack of the work "HARDWARE" in their reply.

I don't think there's any other kind of "accelerated UI", is there?

Guest dragpyre

I guess this implies that the european official release wil NOT be based on B927 - but something higher?

We'd hope that, but look at when the B886/B888 etc. roms got leaked, and we were jumping for joy because of no vodafone bloat and a working speaker. Then Huawei released a B885 as a fix, then release a B892 ROM later which pretty much just updated gapps and vodafone bloat. Where on this forum some people were running B894 and B895. It remains to be seen, for all we know, it could get a B925 number or lower, or a B927 or higher. We will have to wait (unless more leaks happen).

Guest dragpyre

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-Manufacturers-and-OS/Huawei-Ascend-G300-U8815-ICS-Update-and-Features/m-p/1211702/highlight/false

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-Manufacturers-and-OS/Please-fix-hardware-UI-acceleration-on-Huawei-Ascend-G300/m-p/1212322/highlight/false

They're testing the ROM to make it "optimal" for their customers. Therefore they should know what they are doing and should know what is/is not in the ROM and support what the customers are requesting. Jeez.

Guest FrankieADZ

It's very easy for them to have the "oh it'll do" attitude, too.

well Vodafone has to make sure there apps work brilliantly,,,,for all of about 10 people that use them :ph34r: lol