Soo, anyone got one?

Guest Sebastian404

Guest scuzzbucket

Seriously considering one, but not on contract, and definitely not with those data allowances. That’d last a day and a half.

Guest sui785

Looking for one as well but I can't find it on eBay.

Only thing I've found is that the price is lower then I expected(atleast in France), it's €250 .

Edited by sui785

Guest Sebastian404

When I was in Westfield last week looking at the ZTE stand, all the promo material had 'only Available at Virgin Media' on it, and the guy working the stall said 'its exclusive to Phones 4 U on the 1st August'...

So I'm not sure of what to make of that sort of advertising to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Davidoff59

I have been put off, as they completely messed up this release. From changing specs to releasing the wrong spec sheet to reviewers, how can they get kernel source code and bug fixes out properly. It has 1gig ram in China so fobbing us off with a poorer spec. I also think the Mimosa X may still be released with orginal specs.

Guest Sebastian404

They do seem to of made quite a mess of the release of this device, even by the usual standards.

I wonder if it will be like the San Deigo, ie not sell and then price drop in 3 months

Guest tillaz

They do seem to of made quite a mess of the release of this device, even by the usual standards.

I wonder if it will be like the San Deigo, ie not sell and then price drop in 3 months

its intel's fault why the san Diego is not selling lol

i think this would probably be more appealing at £150 since the spec downgrade for the uk...

infact, just for them lowering the specs in the uk release i would tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine..

this should of hit the market 4 moth ago in my opinion, same time as the china version (u970)

Guest trueno2k
So it seems Virgin Media are now selling them PAYG for £199.99

http://92.238.96.40/vm/viewProduct.do?productId=16457495

which is a better price than Phones4U... but still a bit pricey...

Anyone getting one? anyone care anymore?

If that was the price for a sim-free version and it was the 1GB RAM spec, then it would be an appealing offer as the Optimus 2X can be had for 215£ sim-free from Expansys which also has a better camera...

2pence done... :P

Guest tdroza

I'm quite tempted by this as I've been really happy with my ZTE Blade - the community support has made a massive difference. I was originally looking at the Huawei G300, and I know that GrandX is a better spec but I can't decide whether it's really worth twice the price. Also the higher price is likely to affect the number and quality of community ROMs that are released for it.

I'm going to try to look at one in store this week - I didn't really want to go bigger than a 4" screen, so want to see for myself how it sits in my hand.

Guest tillaz

I'm quite tempted by this as I've been really happy with my ZTE Blade - the community support has made a massive difference. I was originally looking at the Huawei G300, and I know that GrandX is a better spec but I can't decide whether it's really worth twice the price. Also the higher price is likely to affect the number and quality of community ROMs that are released for it.

I'm going to try to look at one in store this week - I didn't really want to go bigger than a 4" screen, so want to see for myself how it sits in my hand.

i don't think this is going to have a good community any time soon, or at all... unless it drops in price to £150'ish

(most likely will just like the skate from £159 to £109)

plus zte have quad core devices right around the corner, releasing in Q4

just a few of month away...

Guest Sebastian404

What Tillz said really, there seems to be a total lack of interest in the device from this community.

Paul got one free, and he cant be bothered to work on it. ;)

That tells you something.

It does look a nice device, but it should of been out 3 months ago at least, for the same money you could get a Nexus 7 and get a simular/better performance for games.

Guest Davidoff59

I think potential customers got fed up waiting and moved on. Expensive lesson for Zte.

Took them ages to release news. Also lowering the specs for the UK is very poor form,maybe good business sense at the time but not now if it doesn't sell.

Funny how ZTE are still using the Mimosa x name in their kernel release.

Guest trueno2k
What Tillz said really, there seems to be a total lack of interest in the device from this community.

Paul got one free, and he cant be bothered to work on it. ;)

That tells you something.

It does look a nice device, but it should of been out 3 months ago at least, for the same money you could get a Nexus 7 and get a simular/better performance for games.

There may be a lack of development in this community and other forums, i don't think sales for this device would impact ZTE by much, well not initially and as the majority of buyers out there ( who aren't in the know ) outweighs the number of buyers in the modding community... We'll just have to see if they drop the price in 3 months time...

Guest tillaz

and as the majority of buyers out there ( who aren't in the know ) outweighs the number of buyers in the modding community...

well, that's what they said in the Orange San Diego thread... and look what happen there lol, sales have been bad making them drop the price

i think the modding community has a much much bigger impact on device sales than people realise,

especially when a device is popular on xda & Monaco (zte blade)

appealing to a communality like modaco and xda is the best form of advertisement for an android device im my opinion...

just my opinion though ;)

Guest Davidoff59

When people have a problem with their phone, they generally search online for a fix. It can be seen in the Huawei G300 forum. When you get no response from the vendor or manufacturer, then the modding community steps in and helps them. I also think the devving community is underestimated.

My first Android phone was the blade and I did a search, found modaco, heard how it could be improved by modding and I got stuck in and am now hooked on it.

Guest trueno2k
It needs to drop in price I think before anyone would touch it.
I agree also, but by the time that happens people would have already moved onto much better devices, especially us in the modding community...

Edited by trueno2k