[POLL] - What are you waiting for?

Guest syinet

Guest syinet

Poll to give us an idea of what people are waiting for in terms of new roms / firmware / functionality etc.

Matt

Edited by syinet

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

I use stock B892 because I want the cleanest way to jump back to my stock ROM from CM (do not want to go to B882 -> official B9xx) if something goes wrong. I would also like to contribute with development, but I do not know who should I contact to begin learning and after that start developing.

Guest feckineejit

i'm on atomicmod, but tried infusion. I had to go back as infusion was very buggy and slow (thats my opinion), but would love to get the battery life, wifi and data connection from infusion on atomicmod then i would be very happy, wouldnt wanna change anything then.

Guest kyan31
i'm on atomicmod, but tried infusion. I had to go back as infusion was very buggy and slow (thats my opinion), but would love to get the battery life, wifi and data connection from infusion on atomicmod then i would be very happy, wouldnt wanna change anything then.

I agree, infusion is very buggy. I was using it but was forced to switch to stock ICS. I'm sure Tillaz can fix it though as it is still in development.

Guest unaszplodrmann

yYUmpgqcPh0anqlxvlLeEeKLo1_500.jpg

Please send your reply on the back of a stamped addressed envelope addressed to {Vodafone, Huawei, that-guy-with-the-reversed-RIL}

Guest MrPuddington
Please send your reply on the back of a stamped addressed envelope addressed to {Vodafone, Huawei, that-guy-with-the-reversed-RIL}

I have to say that was completely uncalled for. The question of the thread is why people are not upgrading (despite the options?), and for once people post a straight answer. It was just a statement of fact, and a very positive one, too. There is no reason to take it as a complaint.

I for one am waiting for CM9 and of course CM10. I do that because I know that these guys can deliver quality software - although they sure do take their time. None of my devices has even a test release, but one is running a very very solid CM7.2.

Guest Colossae3.23

no kernel devs working on the G300 ATM.

I "think" I remember hearing that Dazzozo was starting something re: oc, a couple of months ago, but I'm not sure how far its progressed.

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest unaszplodrmann

I have to say that was completely uncalled for. The question of the thread is why people are not upgrading (despite the options?), and for once people post a straight answer. It was just a statement of fact, and a very positive one, too. There is no reason to take it as a complaint.

It was a joke! I'm not complaining, i'm waiting too, just like everyone else. The title and nature of the thread is quite amusing though, no? ... Nevermind! :P

Just ignore him he's the local troll and you kind of get used to the crap he spouts.

Believe me, I wish you would!

Guest niknah

I am waiting for the UI acceleration like everyone else but I don't know if it'll help with what I want which is smoother scrolling. The scrolling on the phone is blurry compared to an iphone/ipod, I don't know if this is normal for Androids. When I scroll around the launcher it only scrolls around 4 dots at a time, this is not a speed issue cause the UI is fast with everything else.

I have tried the ROM with the scrolling cache disabled but that didn't help.

Guest fr0do
I am waiting for the UI acceleration like everyone else but I don't know if it'll help with what I want which is smoother scrolling. The scrolling on the phone is blurry compared to an iphone/ipod, I don't know if this is normal for Androids. When I scroll around the launcher it only scrolls around 4 dots at a time, this is not a speed issue cause the UI is fast with everything else.

I have tried the ROM with the scrolling cache disabled but that didn't help.

Yes I think UI acceleration will definitely cure that.

If your launcher has an option to keep in memory, set that.

What Rom/ launcher are you using?

Guest unaszplodrmann

Yes I think UI acceleration will definitely cure that.

I dunno about curing it, but it should help. Android was not initially designed for touchscreens and 'project butter' is Google's attempt to get on an even footing with WP7 and iOS when it comes to UI performance. We're just going to have to hope Huawei do indeed issue a 4.1 ROM.