Random Self-Rebooting each 4-5 days with B926

Guest mamudo

Guest unaszplodrmann

ahh, what ever...

you don't know what your talking about your not even looking into the problem or using stock ics...

i have been for the last month... and the problem is fixed

OK, so this exchange has gone circular.

your posts are no use here as your not even using ics and looking into the problem

I don't have to be using this particular base version to know that your working does not adhere to even the basics of diagnostic methodology. Nevertheless, it appears I could produce countless simple metaphors and you'd still not get it. Furthermore, I have no need to resort to name calling, the flaws in your approach are self-evident to anyone will prefers reason over sychophancy.

your just speculating

We both are. The difference is, I have clearly stated that I'm speculating. You're apparently under the impression that speculation is wrong.

i mean what would you actually know... you have not tested the rom to see if its fixed

I couldn't debug this without output, let alone test the solution provided. I don't need the ROM, I'd just need evidence of a cause, like anyone else.

This is my last reply to your personal slurring. I'm not trying to drink your milkshake here, I'm defending myself in vain against your pique when issued with a quite basic technical challenge, hence my dropping out of this exchange. But please, if you ever feel like assisting another bit of hacking on the G300, get on over to that usb host mode thread and reply to my query regarding your statement that OTG support is not present in the kernel. I found evidence that it was and it'd be good to know whether your remark was pure speculation, or whether you know something that I do not before I proceed.

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Guest tillaz

OK, so this exchange has gone circular.

I don't have to be using this particular base version to know that your working does not adhere to even the basics of diagnostic methodology. Nevertheless, it appears I could produce countless simple metaphors and you'd still not get it. Furthermore, I have no need to resort to name calling, the flaws in your approach are self-evident to anyone will prefers reason over sychophancy.

We both are. The difference is, I have clearly stated that I'm speculating. You're apparently under the impression that speculation is wrong.

I couldn't debug this without output, let alone test the solution provided. I don't need the ROM, I'd just need evidence of a cause, like anyone else.

This is my last reply to your personal slurring. I'm not trying to drink your milkshake here, I'm defending myself in vain against your pique when issued with a quite basic technical challenge, hence my dropping out of this exchange. But please, if you ever feel like assisting another bit of hacking on the G300, get on over to that usb host mode thread and reply to my query regarding your statement that OTG support is not present in the kernel. I found evidence that it was and it'd be good to know whether your remark was pure speculation, or whether you know something that I do not before I proceed.

i don't care what your saying.. the problem is fixed, (and many will confirm this in the roms thread)

and about OTG i said it needs enabled on a kernel level... not that its not in the kernel

to be exact i said

"its needs to be supported in the kernel, is not included in the g300"

and its NOT included in the g300, that's why my OTG cable dose not work with it...

this dose not mean im saying the code is not there... just that its not included out the box...

iv seen it enabled on the zte blade and it fried the phone...

take nfc, for example.. all the code is there but its not included...

anyway take a look at all the development iv done in this forum...

extend power menu, reboot, recovery & screenshot options

customizable power widgets

sony bravia engine

and lots more... mostly all for gingerbread & ics

what have you actually done for this community that requires code? (any real work)

all i see you doing it trying to cause arguments... and the fact that your trying to bring other things up like this OTG bullshit just proves it

your just wasting my time, and will end up reported...

and probably get banned eventually if you go on like this with every other developer / member.

Guest unaszplodrmann

Further ad hominems and needless posturing side, thanks for the clarification regarding OTG. I believe you said that kernel support is required but its not included. The necessary patches appear to have been there, so I'll try to get it working when a cable arrives.

This isn't the royal marines, mate. Acting like I need show you a load of commendations before you'll allow me to pull rank in order to point out a simple, obvious caveat is just plain unnecessary.

Guest tillaz

Further ad hominems and needless posturing side, thanks for the clarification regarding OTG. I believe you said that kernel support is required but its not included. The necessary patches appear to have been there, so I'll try to get it working when a cable arrives.

This isn't the royal marines, mate. Acting like I need show you a load of commendations before you'll allow me to pull rank in order to point out a simple, obvious caveat is just plain unnecessary.

you going on like you have after i said i fixed something is unnecessary, i read the logs and fixed the problem... no big deal

if you want to wast your time hunting something down thats already been fixed be my quest...

and about the OTG, good look with that... iv seen it fail to work on the zte skate & it fried a zte blade

also you will need a usb hub to power it most likely... and that was what fried the blade

this might be worth a read

http://www.modaco.com/topic/334222-an-experimental-cm7-kernel/page__st__240

Guest unaszplodrmann

you going on like you have after i said i fixed something is unnecessary, i read the logs and fixed the problem... no big deal

if you want to wast your time hunting something down thats already been fixed be my quest...

This is just one response repeated for the umpteenth time. The reduced hostility is appreciated though... Suffice to say that reading and writing with a little care would negate most of the misunderstanding. At risk of repeating myself, I have ceased trying to explain the matter to you.

Re. OTG, there is a big difference between 'supported' and 'enabled' when talking about the kernel space; 'unsupported' is likely to deter someone like myself, who has rather limited hacking skills, due to the need to actually develop support for the device; 'disabled' is obviously a completely different kettle of fish as repackaging and maybe a bit of hacking is not so daunting.

and about the OTG, good look with that... iv seen it fail to work on the zte skate & it fried a zte blade

also you will need a usb hub to power it most likely... and that was what fried the blade

this might be worth a read

http://www.modaco.co...l/page__st__240

That thread is a mixed bag, indeed. Good to see some people got it working, but the result of that clock conflict wasn't pretty! Warning appreciated. Sounds like borrowing a meter is the way to go. :lol: If the G300 can't provide any juice, I'm much less interested (hooking up usb flash media on the fly would rock), but I do have a DAC that I'd like to use with the phone on trips away. I certainly don't expect the G300 to be able to kick out anything close to 100mA though and it'd be a miracle if proper voltage regulation has been included.

Guest Maximus9

I am on B888 and got a restart even while talking on the phone.

My gf has a B885 updated to B892 officially, and still get reboots.

We both experienced them after about 1 month of phone usage. And they are getting more often.

Telling someone he might get banned... what a lovely community after all!

Guest tillaz

no offence, but you must not of seen what has went on before this thread... since most of it has been deleted by the mod's

was not just towards me ether...

anyway you should try a custom rom, you should not suffer reboots with this

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355090-rom-atomicmod-huawei-g300-b190612-updated-22-06-12/

Guest unaszplodrmann

At this point, I doubt admonition is any more likely to be successful than an appeal to reason. I doubt it really reflects much upon this community; where you find strafication, no matter how casual, theres always going to be those who treat rank as a foil to accountability and as justification for threats.

I am on B888 and got a restart even while talking on the phone.

My gf has a B885 updated to B892 officially, and still get reboots.

We both experienced them after about 1 month of phone usage. And they are getting more often.

Not good. At least the builtin watchdog generally seems to do its job by resetting the system... Isolating these kind of issues is all the more difficult on Android because of the large variation in the standard of app development, nevermind the possibility corner-cutting somewhere within notoriously shady Chinese manufacturing chains. Checking for kernel error dumps is a good starting point, as previously mentioned. Both your and your gf's handset might have the same issue, or they might not, it's hard to say without some sort of evidence.

Guest tillaz

At this point, I doubt admonition is any more likely to be successful than an appeal to reason. I doubt it really reflects much upon this community; where you find strafication, no matter how casual, theres always going to be those who treat rank as a foil to accountability and as justification for threats.

no one was making threats, just saying if you continue arguing with every one on here it probably wont end good.

i read some other member saying you two never seen eye to eye or something... so guessing its not just me

Guest Hogweed

For goodness sake. Could you two just meet up and have a few pints somewhere :-)

I don't think you are as far apart as it seems. You are just both talking at each other rather than to each other. I am intentionally not commenting on whether one is worse than the other but both of you are "playing".

Edited by Hogweed

Guest tillaz

For goodness sake. Could you two just meet up and have a few pints somewhere :-)

I don't think you are as far apart as it seems. You are just both talking at each other rather than to each other. I am intentionally not commenting on whether one is worse than the other but both of you are "playing".

just saying no one is threatening anyone

Guest Hogweed

just saying no one is threatening anyone

Would you interpret this as a threat if it was said to you?

your just wasting my time, and will end up reported...

and probably get banned eventually if you go on like this with every other developer / member.

Statement/threat? Depends on the viewpoint - like so many things. Anyway, I'm done here before I get dragged in too far as well.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest tillaz

Would you interpret this as a threat if it was said to you?

Statement/threat? Depends on the viewpoint - like so many things. Anyway, I'm done here before I get dragged in too far as well.

this guy has stared arguments with me two times when i have been replying to other peoples posts... (trying to help)

one for no reason at all... bringing up an old argument that the mods had to sort out a day before.

then trying to start another at the end of the one in this thread, about OTG

so yeah, after all that its no surprise i felt like reporting him...

but i have no say if he gets banned, so its hardly a threat... more like advice

because its not just been towards me...

Guest bladebuddy

At the end of the day, what's been said has been said in a non abusive manner. The forum is all about posting you're thoughts and responses to help development and to assist all us non devs in making are phones that bit better, It upsets me seeing threatening behavior as we are not about that. Lets all try to be a little nicer to each other and remember we all have a common goal regardless of are knowledge.

Guest b4da55

Have you two not finished already. You both obviously have vast android knowledge so instead of running into each other try running in the same direction.

Guest unaszplodrmann

i read some other member saying you two never seen eye to eye or something... so guessing its not just me

At least this time you've been straight enough to declare that you're speculating. All this about brow-beating - demanding I provide developer credentials, personal slurs and gossip - what is it for? Surely theres no need for an interrogation over a simple observation and a pointer on diagnostic procedure... OK, for the record, the 'other member' is dragpyre. In a post on the Vodafone forums, he cited a thread on here where I posted some kernel modules to back up his assertion that VPN support was incomplete in Vodafone ROMs. I politely, but tersely, asked him not to misrepresent me. It was 3 posts, done and dusted; he apologised, I backed off. I doubt you notice that we wished each other well in the thread you're referring to, tillaz. It was weird to find myself defending Vodafone, but whatever, it's an irrelevance.

Did you ever stop to consider I wasn't actually trolling you and might have a valid point? Anyway, I've been trying to avoid being drawn into ad hominem nonsense and after being pushed into responding to that smear attempt, I'm even less inclined.