Help - kernel compiling and errors after boot

Guest lloco73

Guest lloco73

hello

i'm trying to compile a kernel for my 5mp blade (sapo a5) to try to resolve the camera problem on the majority of roms.

The problem on kernel 2.6.35 is that the touchpad isn't working so i cannot go ahead on first boot. tried with burstlam kernel and also with zte source

Tried with kernel 2.6.32 but mobile can't detect camera (mt9p111_Samsung) the rest is working ok. It appears that driver isn't on kernel. made it on zte source for 2.6.32.

can anyone give me some lights about this?

cheers

Guest Sulthekk

Check /proc/touchscreen/ts_information via adb on the 32 kernel to find out what touchscreen you have.

Example output on my device:

touchscreen module

name : synaptics

i2c address : 0x22

IC type : 2000 series

firmware version : TM1541

module : synaptics + TPK

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest Sulthekk

And you say you have got problems with touch on most roms? :o

That's strange, because I never had such an issue, I can confirm that ALL the 35 kernels worked for me since the beginning... Did you modify the kernel .config or you just pulled an existing one?

Guest lloco73

And you say you have got problems with touch on most roms? :o

That's strange, because I never had such an issue, I can confirm that ALL the 35 kernels worked for me since the beginning... Did you modify the kernel .config or you just pulled an existing one?

This is my own kernel build. The real problem here is that i'm trying to resolve the camera problem (mt9p111_Samsung 5Mp) with the majority of roms

Guest Sulthekk

I meant the .config file in the root of kernel source...

Also, which kernel source have you downloaded?

Hopefully not the original ZTE release...

Guest lloco73

I meant the .config file in the root of kernel source...

Also, which kernel source have you downloaded?

Hopefully not the original ZTE release...

for 2.6.32 is the zte source and with good compiling, camera won't work. don't know what other sources exist besides this one.

for 2.6.35 i downloaded burstlam source and zte source but i had problems with touchpad not working.

My goal is to have a kernel that works with my stock rom and in what the camera works, first for 2.6.32 (the one i use at the moment) and then to 2.6.35 kernel.

device20120805104450.png

meanwhile this what appears when i dial *zte*chipinfo#

Guest Sulthekk

for 2.6.32 is the zte source and with good compiling, camera won't work. don't know what other sources exist besides this one.

for 2.6.35 i downloaded burstlam source and zte source but i had problems with touchpad not working.

My goal is to have a kernel that works with my stock rom and in what the camera works, first for 2.6.32 (the one i use at the moment) and then to 2.6.35 kernel.

device20120805104450.png

meanwhile this what appears when i dial *zte*chipinfo#

I'm pretty sure burstlam's kernel has this touchscreen driver included, as I was using that kernel on a lot of CM7 roms...