Incredibly laggy interface?

Guest Alexius321

Guest Alexius321

Hi,

please tell me if this is normal behaviour or not... I'd installed 926 infusion, before that i had 926 stock and 927 as well.. problem is every time i re-flash phone it works just fine then i start adding some apps and when i reach let's say 3-4 widgets and +- 30 apps the phone gets super laggy, everything takes ages, and, for example, when i get a call it won't even load the callers name from the contacts, sometimes it freezes completely...

is this normal? or do i have some app that's making the phone this useless ? :)

Guest bladebuddy

Mine does exactly the same, I personaly think there is some sort of memory leak as I have (sense analog clock widget) installed and It registers the ram at very low values mostly in double figures on the home page with no apps running, which is low considering it has 500mb of ram. I also have very similar apps that I had on my blade and when using that its usually in the 200mb range when on the home page with no apps running.

Guest wrtease

this is for most people who have problems .before you install a rom or laggyness

* make shure you have a working backup first. *

1.wipe factory

2.wipe cache

3.go to mounts and storage .

4.format system,format cache,format data.

5.go back to advanced

6.wipe dalvik ,wipe battery stats .

7.install rom

8.reboot.

9.enjoy

and thanks to irishpancake for the suggestion.

Edited by wrtease

Guest irishpancake
bladebuddy are you interested in trying this out to see if it helps to sort out laggyness .

this is for most people who have problems .before you install a rom or laggyness

1.wipe factory

2.wipe cache

5.go back to advanced

7.install rom

8.reboot.

9.enjoy

if you have a backup

this should be repeated before restore backup

Why on Earth would you do this before restoring Nandroid [backup]??

Nandroid process formats Partitions before flashing Backup, so what is to be gained by the above procedure??

OK, before flashing new ROM, wipe all you can, including formatting partitions, and it ensures "clean install"....

but why before Nandroid Restore??

Remember, restoring Nandroid is flashing a snapshot of your device partitions bit for bit.... as it is at a particular point in time...regardless to whether all us OK at that time.....so before making Nandroid, be sure you have a fully functioning system, with no corruption or errors.....

Formatting Partitions is no protection if you flash a "bad image".

Edited by irishpancake

Guest wrtease

lets say this is only for testing out wether its better or worse. i also use a samsung galaxy w on cm9 build 5 and its great .yes i agree with you about doing it to the backup. but this is just to test.

Guest luvvt

Maybe running low on ram ??

What back ground services are running and how often.

Try limiting the amount of background services under settings/developer options/background process limit.

If you think its an app causing problems uninstall them one by one testing ph after each uninstall.

Guest Alexius321

Try limiting the amount of background services under settings/developer options/background process limit.

If you think its an app causing problems uninstall them one by one testing ph after each uninstall.

i'm gonna try this now... also i don't really have that much apps now, at 1st try i had like +-60 now i've got like 20 and it's still unusable :( kinda getting angry here.. i've considered downgrading but if that won't help then i'm pretty much stuck here :( also i'd love to avoid donwgrading...

EDIT: BTW I'm at around 250mb ram...

EDIT2: I've set the background services to 2 maximum and allowed hw acceleration and so far it looks awesome... will report back after some more testing :)

Edited by Alexius321

Guest bladebuddy

Why on Earth would you do this before restoring Nandroid [backup]??

Nandroid process formats Partitions before flashing Backup, so what is to be gained by the above procedure??

OK, before flashing new ROM, wipe all you can, including formatting partitions, and it ensures "clean install"....

but why before Nandroid Restore??

Remember, restoring Nandroid is flashing a snapshot of your device partitions bit for bit.... as it is at a particular point in time...regardless to whether all us OK at that time.....so before making Nandroid, be sure you have a fully functioning system, with no corruption or errors.....

Formatting Partitions is no protection if you flash a "bad image".

Just done exactly that my nandroid did not restore for some reason and the phone wouldn't reboot so had to force dload 927 to get my phone working again.

Wouldn't recommended doing this unless you're nandroid backup is checked and working first.

Guest wrtease

sorry mate i will edit the post .i i had a working back up and had no problems .will amend my post.post amended.again sorry mate.

Edited by wrtease

Guest bladebuddy

No problem , was able to recover the phone, on a pluss side when vodafone release the official ICS update this method may work for people already on 926/7 as the restore from the dload folder worked but I also formated the data/data folder and the data folder in advanced settings on cwm. Don't no if this was the reason it went wrong but may have some potential with future official upgrades.

Guest irishpancake
sorry mate i will edit the post .i i had a working back up and had no problems .will amend my post.post amended.again sorry mate.

Can I suggest this:

* make shure you have a  working  backup first. *

1.wipe factory

2.wipe cache

5.go back to advanced

7.install rom

8.reboot.

9.enjoy

Edited by irishpancake

Guest Dazzozo

All these wipes are totally redundant. Performing a factory reset performs practically all the other wipes.

Fun fact: A "Placebo" menu was considered for CWM some time back, that would contain things like the Dalvik wipe, and battery stats.

Guest Alexius321

This actually works, as soon as i set a limit to bg services phone got incredibily responsive :) no more "wait for an app".... :)) ty

Guest Gikoskos

bladebuddy are you interested in trying this out to see if it helps to sort out laggyness .

1.wipe factory

2.wipe cache

5.go back to advanced

7.install rom

8.reboot.

9.enjoy

make shure you have a working backup first

Hi,

Thanks it worked great for me and the lag is gone.

Btw i use the infusion rom too.