ROM ICS Stock C00B934 ???

Guest maninhas

Hi all, can I upgrade from :

Model number : U8815

Android version : 2.3.9

Baseband : 109808

Kernel version : 2.6.38.6-perf

Build number : U8815V100R001C185B888

to this ROM and what would be the easiest process to do so.

Cheers for any advice and info.

@it

Guest wso277

Anyone using this rom and power toggles or similar is able to pin the bar to top?

I´ve tried two apps now and neither one seems to stick on top. Accessibility is enabled.

Guest Ascend

I am using "Notification Toggle" downloaded from the market and it can be "pulled down" from any screen. I currently have 2 rows of shortcuts and not sure how many you can have. Very happy with it.

Guest djalpha

Hi all, can I upgrade from :

Model number : U8815

Android version : 2.3.9

Baseband : 109808

Kernel version : 2.6.38.6-perf

Build number : U8815V100R001C185B888

to this ROM and what would be the easiest process to do so.

Cheers for any advice and info.

@it

No, you must upgrading to B927 first, using the middle package. After that, you may flash B934 (no warranty) ;)

EDIT: I recommend to use the official upgrade.app

Edited by djalpha

Guest samjam

I recommend upgrading to b926 then flashing a zip for b934 as that way it gives you hspa 11 instead of 9

From there do we hope to be able to go to dazzozo's CM10 when it's ready?

(My phone arrives today and I'm looking for a plain path of upgrades to follow without all the messing about that you pioneers have had to do)

From there do we hope to be able to go to dazzozo's CM10 when it's ready?

(My phone arrives today and I'm looking for a plain path of upgrades to follow without all the messing about that you pioneers have had to do)

Yes, if you use B926 to update to baseband 2030 you will gain HSPA:11 support and be in the best position for future ROMs such as CM10 and Infusion.

Hi @ all,

I bought the Ascend G300 for my girlfriend and I'm also waiting for the ICS update. But I can't understand the excitement about HWA. As far as I know, all devices that use ICS (also Android 3.0 and above) have to provide hardware accleeration. Otherwise they don't meet Googels API's and can't officially be delivered. Thats also a reason why devices without "real" HWA won't get official CyanogenMod status. The app developers must be sure, that all devices with android API level 11 and higher support this. But because the G300 "only" has 512MB Ram, Huawei maybe decided to deactivate hardware acceleration for parts of the UI (systemui and launcher). To understand why this could make sense, please read this article: The truth about hardware acceleration on Android

Google developers themself disabled HWA on many parts of the UI in official ICS for Nexus S (also 512MB Ram):

• Because of the overhead of OpenGL, one may very well not want to use it for drawing. For example some of the work we are doing to make Android 4.0 run well on the Nexus S has involved turning off hardware accelerated drawing in parts of the UI so we don’t lose 8MB of RAM in the system process, another 8MB in the phone process, another 8MB in the system UI process, etc. Trust me, you won’t notice -- there is just no benefit on that device in using OpenGL to draw something like the status bar, even with fancy animations going on in there.
Source Edited by Guest

Guest Rico_89

I need HELP!

Once again I could only upgrade via IMEI hack. :(

.. And once again it worked perfectly, so now I'm on B934..

However I can't take the pressure any more, this time it appeared that my back up IMEI disappeared on my sd card ugg.

OK here's where I need the help.. I need the name of a good psychiatrist.. right now I'm using a Dr. Beer, but he's just not good enough... Anyone with any other ideas?

Guest timfimjim

I need HELP!

Once again I could only upgrade via IMEI hack. :(

.. And once again it worked perfectly, so now I'm on B934..

However I can't take the pressure any more, this time it appeared that my back up IMEI disappeared on my sd card ugg.

OK here's where I need the help.. I need the name of a good psychiatrist.. right now I'm using a Dr. Beer, but he's just not good enough... Anyone with any other ideas?

Make sure you make a few backups. Put one or two on your computer. At the moment I have a gingerbread IMEI backup and an ICS IMEI backup on my laptop and my sd card. With something this important, I treat it properly and make sure I will not lose it.

Also - I think I read that once you've done the IMEI hack once, you will need to use it every time you upgrade / downgrade (except for official OTA updates from the voda roms). I have also used the IMEI hack and can't upgrade to 934 until I do the hack again. At the moment it just doesn't seem worth it. B892 works well. 927 and 926 were much slower than 892 so unless 934 is faster than 892 I will just wait. And as said before, if it doesn't have proper UI acceleration I will take it back to vodafone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anyusername

I have just obtained a new Huawei G300 from Vodafone, via Argos, and it has build U8815V100R001C02B892 on it. Is is possible to flash straight to V100R001C00B934, via the download at http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDY1MTg=?

If not, then what is the easiest way of getting there, preferably without having to install CWM?