ZTE Racer HELP!

Guest Redicxs

Guest Redicxs

Hello all,

I installed recovery manager apk, and i wanted to reboot into recovery. It rebooted and now stays an the green logo, nothing else just stays there, i pulled the battery but nothing still there, power button + vol down does nothing power button + vol Up lights up the keyboard and when plugged the usb i installed the ABD android software but now what? Please if anyone know what to do explain to me i will be very gratefully. PLEASE and THANKS!

Guest GuyOverThere

As long as you change the recovery image I think it should work, if not, download recovery image from here (the one called recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen2.img) then:

- Turn off the device

- Connect it to the pc with the usb cable

- Keep pressed volume-up button and press the power button (it should stay in the android green logo, that's normal)

- Go where you decompressed the android sdk, in the platform-tools dir is flastboot

- execute this: fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen2.img

- then: fastboot reboot

Substitute "/path/to/" with whatever you download the recovery image to (i.e C:\Users\you\Downloads\, /home/you/Downloads, etc...)

Guest Redicxs

First of all thank you for trying to help me.

-I tried to conect the phone to usb then start it as you said, the problem is, when i plug it in, the battery logo shows up, and no android, when without cable, the android shows up.

-I have not downloaded any andoroid sdk, and i dont have the folders you say there. Maybe if you can give me a link for that i-ll try again.

Cheers mate!

EDIT

I have managed to install sdk and all files are there as you said. The problem is when i double click fastboot, nothing happends, a cmd opens for 1 second and then disapears. Any ideeas?

Edited by Redicxs

Guest GuyOverThere

fastboot is a command line application, not a graphical one, you need to open cmd, navigate to the folder where you extracted and then execute .\fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen2.img

Guest Redicxs

Well I need you to tell me what i need to write in cmd first, because "fastboot" tells me is not recognised as an internal or external comand. You said open cmd and navigate to the folder you have extracted. About that, how i navigate in cmd? And what folder? Please tell me what to do step by step so i can understand. I really apreciate your time!

EDIT

Back with info-s. I downloaded windows-flash-gen1-recovery and edited the cmd to accept gen2 img. It says Okay, but when i press any key for the cmd to close, the phone reboots and starts with battery logo on, no clockwork, and did not boot with volume down. I have no more ideeas. Someone please help!

Edited by Redicxs

Guest Redicxs

Finally ive managed to understand. I-ve flashed it via cmd, but BOOM. The phone is the same nothing changed, and i cant understand why.

I folowed this video

and it worked.

sending recovery <3810>... OKAY [0.984s]

writing recovery ... OKAY [2.458s]

fastboot reboot .. rebooting

Is the image wrong or im doing something wrong here?

Edited by Redicxs

Guest GuyOverThere

Well... the only thing that comes to mind is that you doesn't have infact a gen2 device in which case you'll need a gen1 recovery.img are you really sure is gen2?

Beyond that I don't have much ideas right now.

Guest Redicxs

FINALLY, ive managed to wake my phone up. With abd, it is a comand there fastboot reboot to the log or something like this and that open up my phone again. Thanks GuyOverThere for ideas.

Cheers!