Discussion about the repair service with ZTE

Guest trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

Hi all,

I finally had to call ZTE ( Orange department ) for a repair service for my Orange Monte Carlo ( having problems with mad screen flickering ) and wondered what other people experiences they had with them and could you please share with me the successes or problems!?...

My OMC has been unlocked via the flash tool and is now back on the Orange stock rom ready for me to pop the device into the returns package to be sent off to ZTE UK repairs... I just hope they don't find any fault with it ( as far as I know it's not physically damaged ) and that I get it fixed free of charge ( seeing as it's still in warranty )!...

Anyone here got any experiences that they can share with their dealings with ZTE warranty repairs?...

Much appreciate the response!... :P

Guest utternoob

Never dealt with ZTE direct, but Orange f*%&£d me around. 7 calls over 5 days to get a replacement, all because the music player was screwed and would play music when it felt like it. I finally got it replaced, courier next day at a time to suit me, which was a bonus, but not great, especially seeing as they only said they gave me 90 days warranty ( crazy right?) I just made it. Hope it helps

Guest trueno2k
Never dealt with ZTE direct, but Orange f*%&£d me around. 7 calls over 5 days to get a replacement, all because the music player was screwed and would play music when it felt like it. I finally got it replaced, courier next day at a time to suit me, which was a bonus, but not great, especially seeing as they only said they gave me 90 days warranty ( crazy right?) I just made it. Hope it helps
For me Orange gave me a number to call ZTE to sort out my problem... Initially had a few communication issues but I finally got ZTE to send me a returns packaging so I can send them my faulty OMC to hopefully fix...

Fingers crossed that I don't run into more problems ;)

I believe that, flashing the device or modifying the original ROM, or replacing it voids the warranty. I don't know about the laws in your country, but I advise you to read the warranty terms & conditions. If it's unlocked then that can be found out quickly. Your best bet is to google a lot and look for others with the same problem, as they might have figured out what's causing it, if that so you can either replace the component by ordering a new one from ebay, or if its a software issue, then the solution is most probably available and takes a couple of minutes.

However, it is possible that the technician or engineer at the workshop won't struggle with trying to check/document everything thats out of place and may simply fix your phone without really caring about what you've done with it.

Guest razzmataz1478
I believe that, flashing the device or modifying the original ROM, or replacing it voids the warranty. I don't know about the laws in your country, but I advise you to read the warranty terms & conditions. If it's unlocked then that can be found out quickly. Your best bet is to google a lot and look for others with the same problem, as they might have figured out what's causing it, if that so you can either replace the component by ordering a new one from ebay, or if its a software issue, then the solution is most probably available and takes a couple of minutes.

However, it is possible that the technician or engineer at the workshop won't struggle with trying to check/document everything thats out of place and may simply fix your phone without really caring about what you've done with it.

In the UK we have to have some kind of warranty by law, and if it can be proven that "playing" with the device did not cause the fault, then the manufacturer is obliged to repair it.

Hardware faults, that is.

Guest oscar-mark

In the UK we have to have some kind of warranty by law, and if it can be proven that "playing" with the device did not cause the fault, then the manufacturer is obliged to repair it.

Hardware faults, that is.

That's not how Xperia work.

They f#*$ everyone who has unlocked the bootloader even if they have a known hardware fault like the case's color falling off.

Guest trueno2k

I

My OMC has been flashed back to stock orange ROM, so its unrooted and is back to factory settings, so, I don't see how they can f*** me over with software excuses...

The device is still in warranty and there are no visual damage that can be found on it... The only thing that I am worried is they try and get me on the handset for being unlocked ( which I already mentioned to the operator I spoke to T the time of the call )...

I just hope they say it just needs a screen replacement or the microchips need re-soldering, and that will be the end of my dilemma, still, keeping my fingers crossed...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest razzmataz1478

That's not how Xperia work.

They f#*$ everyone who has unlocked the bootloader even if they have a known hardware fault like the case's color falling off.

Yes, heard a lot of bad stuff about Sony, my mum and brother have an xperia u, I would've rooted then until I saw Sony's "terms and conditions" of unlocking the bootloader. Why they want to limit there devices. That good company is going down hill at 100mph

Guest trueno2k

Side stories & topics aside :P Would like to hear good & bad experiences people had or having with ZTE warranty repair service!?... Are there any of you people who have unlocked their OMC flashed original stock rom before sending it off to ZTE for repairs?...

I've just used the update tool that they originally told me to do to update the OS to Android GB 2.3.5, and so, now have latest Orange stock rom flashed on my OMC... Hopefully this will cover up all my rooting & flashing footprints & fingers crossed they don't notice it has been rooted & flashed about... Still keeping my fingers crossed also for the unlocking business I talked about previously :P

Guest trueno2k

Question:

It says on the instruction sheet to remove sim & microsd card out of the phone but does not say anything about the battery & back cover!... DO I or DO I NOT include the battery & back cover in with my phone to send back to ZTE for my warranty repair???...

Would really really appreciate someone who knows about this reply as soon as possible please!!!...

Thanks... :P

Guest utternoob

When courier came, he took the phone and that's it, no cover or battery, and I think it went to ZTE but not sure. All I know is I never got that one back, and got my replacement

Guest trueno2k

When courier came, he took the phone and that's it, no cover or battery, and I think it went to ZTE but not sure. All I know is I never got that one back, and got my replacement

So did you end up getting a spare battery & back cover then? :P If so, BONUS ;)

EDIT: So, do people reckon that the handset without the battery & back cover will suffice???...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest Redstarr1

My Skate is rebranded and sold by Aldi as a Medion. They fixed my phone under warranty when I had some dust under the screen (there's dust again now ...), got a 3 year warranty when I bought it. It was away for a good 3 weeks though... The reparation sheet says it was repaired by Medion though, not ZTE, so my experience is probably irrelevant.

I included the battery and back cover when I sent it in. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I got both of them back. I also put the original rom and recovery on it. Didn't have to unlock the phone (there are no locked phones in Belgium), so there was really no way for them to know what I'd been doing with the phone. Apart from the dust (I work in a dusty environment :P).

Guest ukgnome

Whenever the wife has had a replacement through Orange they always leave the battery and back cover with you. Batteries are classed as a consumable item and are therefore not covered by warranty in the same way as the device.

Usually you don't get your own phone back, depending on the type of fault. However you will always get an A class product back if yours is beyond repair.

Guest trueno2k
Usually you don't get your own phone back, depending on the type of fault. However you will always get an A class product back if yours is beyond repair.
So, this would mean I have to unlock the replacement device if I get one instead of mine as repaired?... Lovely!... Looks like I have to sieve through my folders for my zte flashtool again LOL, gotta remember to backup the MAC address too :P

Well, it's gone to ZTE now, just have to keep my fingers crossed for the next few weeks, just hope they don't take bloody too long before deciding to send back a replacement one to me :P

2pence done... :P

Guest crnadakm

Little off topic, hope no one gets mad...

This is the story of my Skate:

My phone was bought somewhere who knows where, was smuggled into Bosnia to avoid paying customs (about 20%) since we are not in EU.

Afterwards it was sold on "Bosnian ebay", I never saw the phone but I had to pay for it in advance and it was delivered to me by "City Express" on a parking lot outside my office.

Not to mention that there is no ZTE or Orange or anyone who could repair this phone if it breaks down (fingers crossed it wont).

So my warranty? Um... what warranty? :D

Edited by crnadakm

Guest Josh92

If I have opened my Skate to clean the dust under the screen have I lost the warranty?

Most likely. Sent mine off partly for that reason, whoever it was (don't think it was ZTE) did a pretty shoddy job of it. Have you actually done it?

Guest razzmataz1478
If I have opened my Skate to clean the dust under the screen have I lost the warranty?

As long as the white sticker in the top right corner screw is there your warranty's good I think.