[Recovery][Gen1/2/3 and Idea Blade] Fully working CWM 6.0.1.1 touch (stable) 6.0.1.5 (testing) [17/10]

Guest Snap.IT

New version of 6.0.1.2 testing.

Lowered brightness (set to 100 out of 255) and tweaked performance:

Fastboot flashable: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-blade-testing-20120830.img

MD5: 343b410308bb80eeaccb2058dbf5e34c

Recovery flashable: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-blade-testing-20120830.zip

MD5: 86f484657f79512afb7a6e63f073bb2c

I guess this is stable enough to be called stable...:P

New version of 6.0.1.2 testing.

Lowered brightness (set to 100 out of 255) and tweaked performance:

Fastboot flashable: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-blade-testing-20120830.img

MD5: 343b410308bb80eeaccb2058dbf5e34c

Recovery flashable: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-blade-testing-20120830.zip

MD5: 86f484657f79512afb7a6e63f073bb2c

I guess this is stable enough now to be called stable...:P

Guest gerhardo

Minor issue: Advanced - Show Logs

You get back to the menu before being able to see the log.

Using the 6.0.1.2 version quoted in vNa5h post.

An issue related to the post below, not an issue caused by this recovery.

Switching to ext2 seemed to solve this. The problem seems to be restoring a CM10 backup with ext 4 to a previously used ext4 partition.

Restoring Cm7 and ext4 is fine

Restoring CM10 and ext2 is fine

Restoring CM10 and ext4 is fine only if you delete and remake the partition (format isn't enough!)

I have had a similar problem related to 6.0.1.2, even if it is the not touch version, by KonstaT.

I have a 8GB SanDisk card with a 7.5GB FAT32 and 512MB ext4 partition. The ext4 partition is currently not used (but I want to use it after updating to CM10...)

After updating to 6.0.1.2 I did a backup and updated to CM10. Did not change any partitions.

After startup, CM10 cannot read the card. There is no option to mount the card.

The sdcard will also not not be seen if plugin in to the SD card slot in the PC. A separate SD card reader mostly works.

I have tried reformatting the fat32 partition from recovery (non-touch and touch) and the PC, no change. sd-ext cannot be formatted (non-touch and touch).

I assumed the (almost new) sd card mysteriously broke when updating to CM10, but it may be something with CWM?

Edit: The card works again in the Blade, after removing and recreating the partitions in Linux. I have used CWM Touch 6.0.1.1 as recommended by Snap.IT below, seem to be working fine.

Edit2: The "log issue" also occurs for me with 6.0.1.1, there are a bunch of error messages hidden by the menu. Seem to be related to the path.

Edited by gerhardo

Guest Snap.IT

There is a problem with 6.0.1.2 (and it is still there in the two following versions) which is why i haven't moved it to stable yet.

I recommend sticking with last known stable.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Does anybody know why do I get this error:

Installing update...

symlink: some symlinks failed

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10-20120927-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

This happens only with JB roms (I tried Burstlam's CM10 too), but not with CM9 and SS-RLS7.

I'm on CWM Touch 6.0.1.2, but I also tried going back to normal 6.0.1.0 and it's the same.

Thanks...

Edit: Solved, just followed the right wipe procedure and everything went fine.

Format > System

Wipe Data/Factory Reset

Wipe Cache Partition

Wipe Dalvik

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Snap.IT

FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY!

It will not backup properly and usb storage doesn't work.

Testing version 6.0.1.5:

I've tested everything on it without any hickups, problems with previous versions (6.0.1.2 6.0.1.3 6.0.1.4) backup and sometimes hangups is solved in this one.

It includes a new menu item named "install zip from sideload" which can be used for installing a zip from your computer using "adb sideload 'path/to/zip'". It requires a newer adb, version 1.0.29 or higher.

Fastboot flashable: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.5-touch-blade-Snap.IT-testing.img

MD5: 076f9671339b0d3c2d825a4e0311d209

Flashable via recovery: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.5-touch-blade-Snap.IT-testing.zip

MD5: 5719f10a32040e5f5451be117bbd3a83

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest mitchde

Testing version 6.0.1.5:

I've tested everything on it without any hickups, problems with previous versions (6.0.1.2 6.0.1.3 6.0.1.4) backup and sometimes hangups is solved in this one.

It includes a new menu item named "install zip from sideload" which can be used for installing a zip from your computer using "adb sideload 'path/to/zip'". It requires a newer adb, version 1.0.29 or higher.

Flashable via recovery: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.5-touch-blade-Snap.IT-testing.zip

MANY THANKS for dev updates of that great backup/restore tool!

Installed and tested (after longer use of V 1.1).

Backup process runs and backuped. without problems.

Difference to V11:

No comment about backuping sdext ?! All versions before also backuped (and restored) my sdext (Apps there).

No MD5 checksum comment at end of backup.

No backup advance graphics /infos (shows how far the backup is) - no problem if missed - speeds up backup

I reinstalled V11 and made again backup to check if sd-ext get backuped or it would also not backup - but sd-ext got backuped well.

The sd-ext backup/restore is really needful and amazing - after an full wipe i went back to exact same rom state (with all LINk2SD apps) after an resore with V11.

I would miss sd-ext backup/restore in future.

Or does no comment about sd-ext backup doesnt mean it wasnt backuped?

Edited by mitchde

Guest Snap.IT

MANY THANKS for dev updates of that great backup/restore tool!

Installed and tested (after longer use of V 1.1).

Backup process runs and backuped. without problems.

Difference to V11:

No comment about backuping sdext ?! All versions before also backuped (and restored) my sdext (Apps there).

No backup advance graphics /infos (shows how far the backup is) - no problem if missed - speeds up backup

I reinstalled V11 and made again backup to check if sd-ext get backuped or it would also not backup - but sd-ext got backuped well.

The sd-ext backup/restore is really needful and amazing - after an full wipe i went back to exact same rom state (with all LINk2SD apps) after an resore with V11.

I would miss sd-ext backup/restore in future.

Or does no comment about sd-ext backup doesnt mean it wasnt backuped?

I'll look into it when i get home and get back to you in this thread.

Guest sej7278

sd-ext (ext4) backup isn't working for me with 6.0.1.5 testing, it was with 6.0.1.2 testing, actually it seems to get through data then start .android_secure and crashes

going back to 6.0.1.2 testing works.

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

if you had no md5sum or sdext backup then i suspect yours is crashing at the same point as mine (after data) meaning the backup isn't finished, it just doesn't error. do you have .android_secure or cache?

Guest mitchde

i remember backup comment .android_secure was comment (but not sure if that was last comment). Maybe also cache was commented running V.1.5 backup. For sure there was no error message at the end.

Edited by mitchde

Guest Snap.IT

There is a problem with sdcard storage so .android_secure won't be backed up either. Can't mount USB_STORAGE either.

I'm working on it, will edit my previous posts.

Guest sej7278

There is a problem with sdcard storage so .android_secure won't be backed up either. Can't mount USB_STORAGE either.

I'm working on it, will edit my previous posts.

there did seem to be a lot of errors about usb in the log, which i don't have anymore i'm afraid as i went back to 6012

Guest Snap.IT

there did seem to be a lot of errors about usb in the log, which i don't have anymore i'm afraid as i went back to 6012

Yeah, it can't find some things that aren't there, it's not impossible to fix though.

Guest Snap.IT

where's the sourcecode for this btw?

The source that is open can be found on CWM's github, the touch parts are not open though.

The kernel sources are from Konstats Github for 6.0.1.1 and TG's github for later versions.

Guest sej7278

The source that is open can be found on CWM's github, the touch parts are not open though.

oh so where do the touch parts come from? also i can't find anything related to cwm on cwm's github lol!

Hey Snap.IT got to thank you for this again ... Touch screen has been a life saver again today,its so easy to install a good app then take it for granted ...

Just thought i should let you know i really appreaciate your work :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Snap.IT

ah right thanks, still can't find the touch bits though.

The touch bits are not open sourced. You can solve that by using touch from team win recovery but you need to compile it with a graphics.c for the blade.

As soon as i'm done with the chainloader i'll release all of the stuff i've used that does work. At this point in time 6.0.1.5+ doesn't work because almost all of the code needs to be rewritten for the blade jb kernel.

It would be damn near impossible to use most of it as it is, this is work in progress.

• 5 weeks later...

Fully working CWM 6.0.1.1

Works on Gen1/2/3 and on Chinese blades.

Thanks to:

Koush for the original recovery.

KonstaT for the kernel sources (http://www.modaco.co...s7-android-235/)

tOmm13b for the suggestion to remove FTM mode to fix HW keys.

FAQ:

Menus are scrollable so if you don't see an option, just scroll down.

"Create image.zip" will create a flashable zip from your currently installed system.

Stable version:

Fastboot flashable: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.1-touch-blade-Snap.IT-20120830.img

MD5: 8dcffefd2cbef2913eaa066e9df01e1c

Flashable via recovery: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.1-touch-blade-Snap.IT-20120830.zip

MD5: 864a6ed4e5fdd73101a17799cfada013

Gen1 version of stable:

Fastboot flashable: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.1-gen1-touch-blade-Snap.IT-20120830.img

MD5: 283d6887fd97a9352f7bcfe9d2505c6e

Flashable via recovery: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.1-gen1-touch-blade-Snap.IT-20120830.zip

MD5: e192c6f5a8679faf46d3c8a24747a11d

Testing version 6.0.1.5:

FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY!

It will not backup properly and usb storage doesn't work.

I've downloaded recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.1-touch-blade-Snap.IT-20120830.img and flashed it through 5.x.x.x recovery on OSF2 UK ver. This now shows the green android and doesn't loads nor getting into recovery...What went wrong? How do I get back or flash another recovery version?

BTW MD5 checked and is ok.

Edited by ismed1