Choppy video playback in zte blade

Guest HDuser

Guest HDuser

Hi all, I have very strange problem with my ZTE blade running CM9. The problem is video playback isn't smooth as it should, it spikes during playback specially playing 640x480 flash videos, i don't know what is causing problem but i have tried playing video in almost all video players available in play store but none played smoothly i also tried playing videos in CM 7 but still laggy video playback. It even doesn't play 320x176 size videos smoothly is there's solution of it?

My second question is the UI in CM9 is very very smooth but in CM7 its kinda choppy which is very annoying is there's any thing which could make CM7 UI as smooth as CM9?

Thanks in advance.

This is because Qualcomm haven't released the appropriate drivers (OMX) this will not be fixed unless they release the drivers. If you need high quality video playback you will need to go back to an official based Gingerbread ROM (Ie not CM7).

Guest Felsch

get a new phone if you want all those exotic things you just named. Also that what hydo says is correct and has been mentioned around 50 times in all CM9 and CM10 threads.

Also you cannot make gingerbread as smooth as ICS because of hardware acceleration, which is introduced in 4.0

Guest HDuser

This is because Qualcomm haven't released the appropriate drivers (OMX) this will not be fixed unless they release the drivers. If you need high quality video playback you will need to go back to an official based Gingerbread ROM (Ie not CM7).

get a new phone if you want all those exotic things you just named. Also that what hydo says is correct and has been mentioned around 50 times in all CM9 and CM10 threads.

Also you cannot make gingerbread as smooth as ICS because of hardware acceleration, which is introduced in 4.0

Thank you all for your kind information, I will think on it.

Guest HDuser

Can you provide me link to official GB rom for zte blade?

thanks in advance.

I suggest you to use Swedish Snow RLS7, it's based on the official 2.3.5 rom but with lots of tweaks and a better overall performance.

Anyway, with MX Video Player on KonstaKANG CM9 I can smoothly play *.avi files (XviD/DivX codec) and *.wmv (WMV9 codec) without any issues with software decoding. Only H.264 videos cannot be played.

Edited by Cusy

Guest HDuser

I suggest you to use Swedish Snow RLS7, it's based on the official 2.3.5 rom but with lots of tweaks and a better overall performance.

Anyway, with MX Video Player on KonstaKANG CM9 I can smoothly play *.avi files (XviD/DivX codec) and *.wmv (WMV9 codec) without any issues with software decoding. Only H.264 videos cannot be played.

Can you tell me the size i.e resolution,bit rate of videos which you can play smoothly?.

Guest HDuser

but CM7 is also based on 2.3.5 but why cant it play HQ videos?

but CM7 is also based on 2.3.5 but why cant it play HQ videos?

CM7 is based on AOSP 2.3.7, not on official roms.

For the other question, I've just checked the spec of a video i've got on my SD. 1000kbps, 29.97fps, 576 x 320, MP3 116kbps VBR audio, XviD codec.

Edited by Cusy

Guest HDuser

CM7 is based on AOSP 2.3.7, not on official roms.

For the other question, I've just checked the spec of a video i've got on my SD. 1000kbps, 29.97fps, 576 x 320, MP3 116kbps VBR audio, XviD codec.

you're getting awesome fps, do you convert videos? if yes then which program you use? Thanks

Edited by HDuser