[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest naghtan

Sorry! I not want to discover any bug! I really know the camera it is not working... just let a commnet about why now, after google translator use camera for transalte it is hang up... them jsut deserve half face palm! :P

Guest wrtease

have idea ,you should only be able to flash a rom when you reach 50 posts . then you will get acces to all roms when you have done reading and learning. well worth a shot .

Guest tracasan

not everybody has the patience to sit and read... especially if your new to this... you want everything done as fast as possible with very little effort... in time and with other members understanding everyone will learn :P

Edited by tracasan

Guest tracasan

have idea ,you should only be able to flash a rom when you reach 50 posts . then you will get acces to all roms when you have done reading and learning. well worth a shot .

not sure it's a good idea. for example i flashed my first rom on the g300 without being a member... the thing is i played with my lg p500 for like an year before that so i had time to learn... restriction for download because of the number of posts would have killed me :)

Guest wrtease

yes i agree with you .okay some can and will make mistakes ,but if not reading on first post ,then it goes pear shaped,so please any new member read the first post of any tread .it cant take much time to do this.

when i first joined i was a bit lost but i waited till i had gotten used to the forum till i bought my phone,so i spent a month learning everything properly and then i bought my G300 and now im pretty good with most things.

Advice to new forum users

Do the research before posting or asking a question,that way you can ask the right question without looking like an idiot ^_^

Ok been testing for a while now.

here is my verdict so far.

• Wi-fi crashed on first boot,rebooted once all normal again
  • watching youtube videos in landscape is a no no , phone just reboots
  • Installed most of my apps just to see how it would handle it- did Great :)
  • Restored flash player from TB(titanium backup) and it works. :huh:
  • Played angry birds(normally slow and laggy) but it was smooth and responsive
  • Going to try and play some really intense games like Fifa 12 and Dead Trigger and i will update soon on responsiveness... :D
  • the LCD backlight turns off now(i read the changelog too,just had to make sure)
  • usb mass storage was a bit hit and miss but a reboot also sorted that out(netbook stopped recognising it )
  • More testing to be done,antutu benchmark score is :
  • post-981359-0-10965100-1346019024_thumb.post-981359-0-70113800-1346019028_thumb.
  • These scores arent really great but then again this rom isnt complete so this is pretty decent considering we used to get this on b882(full rom) :P

Edited by mack_

Yeah, if you're using that you'll have to mount /system as rw, and then remove the file and reboot.

just installed root explorer,removed the file and rebooting now...booted faster i think,and much snappier than before i will carry testing for the next two days and hopefully..ill have a full report for you by tomorrow night.

Dont you just love the summer holidays...not trying to be annoying but any chance you find a way to sort out the audio routing stuff(i apologise if you have already started,thats the only stopping me from keeping this build permanently because everything else works great)

Edited by mack_

Thanks for that! so any major improvements after removal?

Yes it is...i dont know why but it is

tested using a few games at the same time ,pretty smooth but it really depends on what youre used to aswell...

because most things actually work like theyre suppose to even the rom is not finished ^_^

Yeah, if you're using that you'll have to mount /system as rw, and then remove the file and reboot.

hey Dazzozo, just a bit curious as to what that file was responsible for and how the hell did you know it would speed up the UI abit????? :blink:

Just sis some more testing,flash player is there just doesnt seem to wan to work with stuff like iplayer(going to try watching a film on putlocker and see if that works next), also the Portable Hotspot seems to be broken(behaves just like the wifi deadlock) and any idea on how to make the default storage my external sd card

Edited by mack_

iPlayer doesn't work on Jelly Bean and above. Adobe have dropped Flash Player.

oh so me restoring from Titanium back up means nothing *facepalm*

oh and the wifi deadlock is still there for me :(

after I removed hwcomposer, when the screen turns off, it doesn't go back up :/

same here, i had to return it to its place(also save a copy on to the sd card)

Edited by mack_