[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest timfimjim

Can someone post a link as to where I can find an official ICS ROM for the G300?

This isn't the right thread for your post - ths is for development of CM10 jellybean. Look in the forum at the sticky threads (the ones at the top of the page). You should be able to find what you need there. Sorry if this seems blunt :)

Edited by timfimjim

Guest Dazzozo

Hi is this helpful at all daz? forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1875486

As far as I can see that's an older version of libsurfaceflinger that fixes some problems on the Galaxy Nexus. For us at least it causes no display output.

In other news I'm now fairly sure vsync is working. If you couldn't tell my priorities are currently in the display. :P

Guest Dazzozo

Ah ok well that wouldn't be useful then..! Awesome about vsync!! Are there any other components of project butter you've not managed to implement?

Don't think so, no. I think it's all done.

Guest Dazzozo

Noob question has i c s got vsync don't think it has if not would this improve it

Huawei conveniently has it mostly available in their kernel, but I don't think ICS itself has much support for it.

Is audio working ok? It's the only deal breaker that's stopping me from installing this rom. I use headphones on a regular basis and I would like... no let me rephrase that LOVE to use JB as my every day rom, so please daz answer me this :)

Like always say guys its just a matter of time, i mean he as managed to fix all the bugs in the space of two weeks... Atleast we can say we will have JB before official ICS lol(UK version NOT NZ)

Is audio working ok? It's the only deal breaker that's stopping me from installing this rom. I use headphones on a regular basis and I would like... no let me rephrase that LOVE to use JB as my every day rom, so please daz answer me this :)

Agreed. I can't take calls at work as the audio routes through the loudspeaker. At the minute I'm running ICS Monday-Friday and JB on the weekends ^_^

Awesome work on this though Daz!

Is this illegal? Putting JB on a G300.. Because why don't huawei just upgrade us all who own G300's to JB? Must be illegal.

No. And the reason Huawei (and Vodafone) don't just upgrade everyone to JB is because they have no self-interest in doing so, really. They said they'd upgrade users to ICS when they released the phone, so they have a commitment to that, but after that why would they waste their time and effort when they want to keep selling their newer phones and actually make money instead? That said, it's always possible, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Guest Potatoes

Yep, before and during the phones release a huge part of the selling point was that it was a £100 phone with ics so huawei had to release ics (and I'm pretty sure there was a unofficial maybe on jelly bean, though I'm guessing that was just to boost sales without any real intention of releasing it). Remember that selling phones brings in the money, making sure existing users have the latest and greatest iteration of the os doesn't, in fact costs them in terms or r&d and support. It's a cheap phone, you're going to get cheap support.

Edited by Potatoes

Is this illegal? Putting JB on a G300.. Because why don't huawei just upgrade us all who own G300's to JB? Must be illegal.

No it's not, there is no law that makes changing your software illegal, it's not a copy of the JB software it's changed and tweaked even so it's not even in any violation of copywrite, and google always makes there software available for the public so that developers such as Daz can make improvements find security bugs and so on so again.

No it's not illegal.

also the time it would take them to fix it up for JB is just to long they woulden't want to push it out too soon cause hey it would mean that a "low" end cellphone got JB meaning they would have no advantage with the high end cellphones other then better specs but software is such a big part of what makes a cellphone grate so it's like shooting yourself in the foot with a shotgun :P

Edited by Nuka88

Guest droiddruid

Customer retention is important too.If they did upgrade us to JB, we would all be telling our friend how great Huawei are.

...and less likely to purchase a new JB handset.

Guest AmbushReality
Android is open-source. Rooting and ROMs are even approved by Google!