[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest snowbord

Slightly off topic, but considering most G300 heads are also ZTE enthusiasts, here goes;

http://wwwen.zte.com...723_327879.html

Jellybean is officially released for the Chinese ZTE Skate Acqua. Huawei are really dragging their feet with their ICS release. Very poor show. Could ZTE JB source code be potentially used to help here with the G300?

Edited by snowbord

Guest snowbord

Is it msm7x27a?

From the product announcement page;

Platform         Qualcomm 7627A

Edited by snowbord

Guest snowbord

HAh..Blade III looks like Huawei G300! LoL!

Not entirely convinced. Is it gorilla glass? Where's the LED flash? The specs say nothing of front camera but it probably has one. Not bad I guess, but Huawei have taken the hardware crown. ZTE, ::gasp:: - the software.

Edited by snowbord

So I'm working on a jb_chocolate based kernel as it's working out to be a lot easier to merge. I have 20 msm video driver files to manually merge (originally I had about 70 in the whole kernel), then I have to fix any errors, and then pray it boots. :P

So I'm working on a jb_chocolate based kernel as it's working out to be a lot easier to merge. I have 20 msm video driver files to manually merge (originally I had about 70 in the whole kernel), then I have to fix any errors, and then pray it boots.

if you need anything tested,just pm me dude ;)

Guest Frankish

Exciting stuff. No updates for a long time now although I know it must be for a reason as I have used your work on the crescent and it had tons of updates. Keep up the good work.

So I'm working on a jb_chocolate based kernel as it's working out to be a lot easier to merge. I have 20 msm video driver files to manually merge (originally I had about 70 in the whole kernel), then I have to fix any errors, and then pray it boots. :P

Good luck mate

Exciting stuff. No updates for a long time now although I know it must be for a reason as I have used your work on the crescent and it had tons of updates. Keep up the good work.

Same

The reason there's a lack of updates is because I'm working on much larger tasks that don't have as many milestones.

Work hasn't slowed down, I'm just toying with the best way to approach all this, and trying to figure out what is the absolute best we can do and what we can get out of it.

Edit: I'm probably going to release my own build of CWM soon from the jellybean branch (v6) that will work with charging, too.

The reason there's a lack of updates is because I'm working on much larger tasks that don't have as many milestones.

Work hasn't slowed down, I'm just toying with the best way to approach all this, and trying to figure out what is the absolute best we can do and what we can get out of it.

Edit: I'm probably going to release my own build of CWM soon from the jellybean branch (v6) that will work with charging, too.

Do what you think best mate. Your cm9 for the crescent was awesome. Never tried cm10 though. How well do you think the 300 will run jb?

Exciting times. Thanks for all your efforts Dazzozo!

By the way, seen that you have a N7. Have you been developing at all for it?

There's nothing to contribute there, other than twenty overclock kernels and various tiny changes to CM and a rebranding of "Team Something" nightlies.

Guest Applefruit500

Right. I have backed up with CWM while on Infusion. If I install this (just to try it out) can I just boot into CWM and restore and it will all be back to how it was?