[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest unaszplodrmann

If it doesn't blow the phone up.

I've got a cable hanging around now but haven't got around to building a kernel in order to test it yet. I was waiting until I upgraded to ICS, as theres obviously not much point enabling it in GB... Then again, if you're going to give it a crack, I'll just wait. B)

I've got a cable hanging around now but haven't got around to building a kernel in order to test it yet. I was waiting until I upgraded to ICS, as theres obviously not much point enabling it in GB... Then again, if you're going to give it a crack, I'll just wait.

Feel free, I'm busy with the new kernel at the moment :P

Having to change some Huawei code, specifically hw_lcd_common.c now. Fun!

Guest paddyponchero

Here, is on first post

Link doesn't work theres a session id in it.

I see in the html now theres a signature but I don't see any signatures here on my phone or my computers the signature div is set to display: none in the css.

.signature{display:none;}

http://www.modaco.co....F1QfJMXylr.css

Might explain the lack of donations.

Just donated now anyway, not much but should get a pint and a packet of crisps anyway,

I suggest you move that donate link to the top of the op text daz

Edited by paddyponchero

I just built a CWM image using the new kernel and it works!

I'm going to test building CM with it now, I just didn't want to go through the whole Android build to find that it wouldn't boot at all. :P

Guest unaszplodrmann

IT COMPILED! MY MONSTER IS BORN!

Nice one Dr Frankenstein ;) Does the camera work? Maybe it has one for each eye? Can you control it by bluetooth yet?

I thought you'd given up on porting to kernel 3.4... Anyway, well done!

It's not 3.4, it's 3.0.31 from jb_chocolate. I don't think anyone in the Android space, never mind the CM space is using a 3.4 kernel yet.

I merged by taking jb_chocolate and merging a patch file I created by committing our kernel on top of 3.0.8 ics_chocolate_rb1.7. It wasn't a perfect match but it was the closest I could find - going through the tagged releases is a nightmare.

If you want to have a nose at the finished thing: https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_kernel_huawei_u8815/tree/develop

That's old, and doesn't actually change how things function. For some reason Huawei decided to use CFLAGS in the Makefile to separate the Bluetooth code, when like everything else in the Linux kernel, they could've easily used Kconfig entries. I just switched them to the latter.

I believe the Bluetooth issue is in usermode.