[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Re: vsync on 7x27A - all the kernel work is already there, nothing for me to do, the display driver came out of the box with vsync enabled and triple buffering already enabled in the defconfig.

Basically just a wait until it's available in CM. It'll just start working one day.

Guest skobywan

Yeah, audio routing probably won't work. We're using pretty primitive audio code.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Do people actually have SIM issues? You'll have to be a little more specific but I think I know what that's all about.

Yeah Daz. I was playing around all day with it and I couldn't get my Sim detected. I don't know if it's because I downgraded to b89x from b92x via that 0 IMEI method. But after I went back to B89x I went CM9 -> b934 -> cm10.

When I installed cm10 I formatted everything as requested. I installed cm10, then google apps with no issue. Cm10 boots no issue. No internet issues, No any issues, just the sim icon was the same as it was on the previous test build without RIL.

I've tried to install a couple of logging programs to see what's going on but each time I install, for example, .logcat, it freezes on the reboot.

I'm on Vodafone Ireland btw.

Edited by skobywan

Guest Sonny Atwal

Not Working:

• All Camera features
  • Bluetooth
  • USB Mass Storage

All of these work fine in the infusion ROM, just wondering why they are not working in this one? can you not just copy tillaz's work then mod it?

bluetooth and camera are essential features, therefore i will need to wait before trying this ROM out.

Guest Dazzozo

Not Working:

• All Camera features
  • Bluetooth
  • USB Mass Storage

All of these work fine in the infusion ROM, just wondering why they are not working in this one? can you not just copy tillaz's work then mod it?

bluetooth and camera are essential features, therefore i will need to wait before trying this ROM out.

lmao

This isn't a hacked up modified stock ROM, friend.

Guest Sonny Atwal

lmao

This isn't a hacked up modified stock ROM, friend.

so this ROM is built from the ground up? therefore it should be the "smoothest" when 100% complete?

Guest Dazzozo

so this ROM is built from the ground up? therefore it should be the "smoothest" when 100% complete?

Yes, you should probably search what CM actually is.

We're ultimately creating a device config for the G300 that will be compatible with anything building from source.

What tillaz does is totally different. He takes a _working_ stock ROM (however great they may not be, everything works in them) and improves it.

Guest skobywan

Did you have that SIM icon on CM9?

Fairly sure I know what it is if that's not the case.

Yeah mate, Everything worked perfectly on cm9 bar the camera.

Guest AiCaramba!

you find it necessary to wipe data when updating the current cm10 to a forthcoming one? How do you guys set up each rom after wiping data? I always need hours 'til everything works the way I want it to...

Guest Dazzozo

cm 10 by dad or infusion what the more fast and fluid on menus and scrooll ? : D

Are you serious.

Like. Really.

• UI being a little slow (the display stuff is still quite new)

Please. This isn't for you. Go use Infusion for a while.

Guest buddn07

This rom is really impressive! Great work Daz.

I've been using it all weekend and with very little issue.

The key problems I have is the lock up with WiFi, and the phone routing audio through the loudspeaker when phoning (other than the known issues).

I only bought this phone as a stop gap having broken my sgs2, whilst waiting for my contract to end in September, but I may well stay with this for a while longer (until the Note 2 comes down in price).

Guest Dazzozo

The Gapps package can't contain every app by Google ever, that would be stupid.

It contains the account services, Play Store and the search components.

Guest Umrtvovacz

seeing as adobe flash doesn't offer support for android anymore, does anyone have an alternative?

Use ICS rom instead of JB one if you need flash.

Guest laurisltu
seeing as adobe flash doesn't offer support for android anymore, does anyone have an alternative?

You can use flash. But you have to install apk not from play store. Also you wouldn't get updates for flash.