[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Sorry for the lack of responses, I was cloning the entire CAF tree so I could build their camera module easily -- I can't be bothered getting something to compile that might not even work.

So here we are, building CAF stock Jelly Bean for msm7627a. All for camera.msm7627a.so. :P

Guest Dazzozo

Headers are still missing in the CAF source - if you disable camera stub in CAF (so that it builds the source) it errors out.

So, I'm back to hacking it up in my device config for CM... :P

Guest Fagulhas

Headers are still missing in the CAF source - if you disable camera stub in CAF (so that it builds the source) it errors out.

So, I'm back to hacking it up in my device config for CM...

Have you added our kernel camera headers to the libcamera sources?

Edited by Fagulhas

Guest Dazzozo

Yep, this is a genuine missing header.

It seems to be composed of bits of QCamera_Intf.h. Still hacking.

The only error currently is 'error: 'cam_sensor_fps_range_t' does not name a type'. Can't find cam_sensor_fps_range_t anywhere.

Guest Dazzozo

Right, the HTC msm8960 devices use a similar sort of libcamera, but obviously without the 7x27a support because they don't need it. Seems they've had to edit it a lot to get it to compile, working on it.

Guest Dazzozo

Ignore me, I'm an idiot, I used the wrong lib (the old one which we know doesn't work with ion)...

I'll be back shortly after testing it for real! :P

Guest unaszplodrmann

Ha! Next year? Good one!

* raps fingers on the table *

Ignore me, I'm an idiot, I used the wrong lib (the old one which we know doesn't work with ion)...

I'll be back shortly after testing it for real!

Well?! :P

Guest Dazzozo

It totally fails. I've given up completely with libcamera. It's such a goddamn mess.

I'm currently trying to track down what part of ion actually breaks the camera. Building with a full ion kernel, but with the qcom media parts in usermode disabled.