[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I've just found out that the Huawei Honor (U8860) has ion enabled on ICS by default. My theory is that Huawei won't have changed the liboemcamera (in terms of sensors etc, vendors rarely remove code for things not on that device) other than toggling ion. Downloading a U8860 ICS ROM as we speak. :P

Guest Dazzozo

@mack_ , @Dazzozo

ok ill stop asking (just a try cause i cant wait )

Yep, and imagine how much I can't wait. So much so that I've worked on it for months. ;)

Guest krishang3

Yep, and imagine how much I can't wait. So much so that I've worked on it for months. ;)

Does the honor have the same type of libcamera concepts?

Guest unaszplodrmann

Huh? Its the closed liboemcamera that is of interest, so called because it contains proprietory, OEM specific stuff. The hope is, this being a lib from a ROM for another Qcomm powered phone, that it will contain support for most of their devices, including the MSM7227A.

Guest Dazzozo

liboemcamera is proprietary Qualcomm code, dished out to OEMs for modification. They add their sensor list to it, not sure what else they change.

liboemcamera interacts with the kernel, and apparently the stuff in drivers/media/video/msm is a stub for it.

So, yeah. liboemcamera doesn't work with ion (unless I can find a suitable replacement). That's no massive deal, though. I just have a huge vendetta against PMEM.

Guest Dazzozo

Let's go for a general show of hands here -- who's interested in a 3.0.8 build?

Immediately coming to mind:

• Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • hwcomposer & vsync
  • A few extra board-specific optimisations
  • Whatever other minor polish I can throw in before release

I'm not sure how quickly I can deliver on it but if people want a build I guess I can try to put one out.

• Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • hwcomposer & vsync

I'm not sure how quickly I can deliver on it but if people want a build I guess I can try to put one out.

No rush really, there is no point you releasing a build you're not happy with when you can spend more time and release the best build possible

Guest rale_ts

I would like to test it :)

one question in new build that you making is ti fixed input lag

.. but like mack_ said if it will take a loot of your time then no rush

Edited by rale_ts

Guest unaszplodrmann

• Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • hwcomposer & vsync

Why bother yourself with it? Yeah, it'd be nice for us to have a play, but after all the effort you've committed to 3.0.31, surely that is your priority... If it's likely to be a 'long' time before you can get 3.0.31 fully functional, then maybe it'd be worthwhile, I dunno... Sorry to be ambivalent :P

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Guest Dazzozo

There's nothing wrong with 3.0.31 really. It's just all the closed source components that rely on the kernel (liboemcamera.so for no ION, dhd.ko) break.

Guest andy.hyde4

I think people would prefer a build when it's actually useable with things like audio routing working, its kinda pointless to just waste time and effort if people are going to try it and then never use it again.

I think people would prefer a build when it's actually useable with things like audio routing working, its kinda pointless to just waste time and effort if people are going to try it and then never use it again.

+ 1 that

Edited by mack_

Guest unaszplodrmann

Installing a development version is only pointless if you disregard the value of useful feedback to the development process. How many time does it have to be said? This is a development thread; if all you are concerned about is getting a polished, final version on your phone, this is not for you.

There's nothing wrong with 3.0.31 really. It's just all the closed source components that rely on the kernel (liboemcamera.so for no ION, dhd.ko) break.

Assuming it is possible, wouldn't selectively reverting to PMEM and releasing a test ROM including 3.0.31 actually be more useful? Would it take more or less effort?

Guest tcpaulh

I've only got the g300 at the moment so it has to work as a phone. Audio in non speakerphone mode would be enough for me to run with.

Happy to wait :)

Guest oldfella

I've only got the g300 at the moment so it has to work as a phone. Audio in non speakerphone mode would be enough for me to run with.

Happy to wait :)

---------------

+1

Guest Umrtvovacz

Happy to wait

Happy to wait

---------------

+1

I have a suspicion you two may be somehow related. Don't know why I have this feeling tho.

Edited by Umrtvovacz

Guest Lgdslr

If a new build is on the cards, I'd love to try it. I'm still on B926 and want a change.

out of interest, how good is the current build for general use? The OP says the Ui is a bit dodgy? The camera on B926 is so bad I don't care about not having it, tbh, and I don't use Bluetooth.

Do let us know what you decide, Dazzozo, as if you decide against a new build just yet I might try the existing one.

edit: also, sorry about this but what's audio routing? Does that mean the earpiece won't work during calls? That could be problematic.

Edited by Lgdslr

Guest playerPA

I'm working on msm7x27a audio routing today

Great news! Camera and BT are not so important features like audio itself :) To be honest it was the only thing which kept me from installing this ROM (I really need to use the phone as a phone:))