[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

You mean just Linux 3.0.8 to 3.0.31 at face value? A lot of minor things that you probably won't notice, as it's just several minor versions.

The important stuff is what Qualcomm had done in their 3.0.31 kernel, such as the ion support for 7x27a, a huge amount of display changes, a lot of minor Jelly Bean bring-up work, etc.

Day to day? You might not even notice a difference.

Details on ion: http://lwn.net/Articles/480055/

Guest holtend

I always thought of it as G300, officially though no idea....

Keep up the great work, it's great you have this device or we could have been waiting forever :)

Guest intensedarkness

Had a quick read of the link about Ion Memory Manager... looks interesting, definitely a step forward in minimizing fragmentation. Would ION/3.0.31 bring noticeable (even slight) benefits to performance on the G300?

Also, does the touchscreen lag happen on the new kernel too?

Looking forward to the next release.

Edited by intensedarkness

Guest b4da55
You mean just Linux 3.0.8 to 3.0.31 at face value? A lot of minor things that you probably won't notice, as it's just several minor versions.

The important stuff is what Qualcomm had done in their 3.0.31 kernel, such as the ion support for 7x27a, a huge amount of display changes, a lot of minor Jelly Bean bring-up work, etc.

Day to day? You might not even notice a difference.

Details on ion: http://lwn.net/Articles/480055/

Thanks for the link. First few paragraphs were ok but i think that dodgy ics release mistranslated it cause the rest was gibberish!!lol:D

Awesome work.

Guest Dazzozo

You tell me, I almost forgot about CM9.

Eventually given all the time in the world I'd like to revisit it, sure, and redo it on the 3.0 kernel (it used a hacked 2.6 one).

Guest Dazzozo

Daz,, how about audio routing? Any news?

Working on it, I'm testing it with a headset -- it detects the device but can't find an output for it.

Guest vladax10

You tell me, I almost forgot about CM9.

Eventually given all the time in the world I'd like to revisit it, sure, and redo it on the 3.0 kernel (it used a hacked 2.6 one).

I am looking forward to see it,maybe i am at wrong,but i think it isnt waste of time,maybe it would be nicer than cm10 (if there isnt input lag)...so at some point when you have time,dont forget it ;) Thanks for all....

Guest Dazzozo

Here's an idea -- you guys know about the CM Updater right?

It's something the CM team revived from the old days for CM10, which allows for OTA CM updates with no need for an external app, it appears under system updates in the settings.

I was considering doing that a little bit further down the line for this -- basically easy OTAs, just wondering what people would think of it. Before we push to official merge, of course. :P

Guest Dazzozo

maybe it would be nicer than cm10

Don't know why you guys think this. You do realise 4.1 is a MINOR release on 4.0? If I did do CM9, it would be for posterity. :P

Guest popoyaya

Re: slow UI

The stock launcher with CM10 is very slow and laggy, but with Nova installed, hwcomposer.msm7x27a.so removed and cpu overclocked to 1267 MHz this is by far the smoothest, most hang-free rom available right now. There is still a slight half second lag in touch screen responsiveness but nothing major. When Daz releases the next update with fixed hwcomposer, vsinc and other upgrades things can only get better!

Guest b4da55

It's something the CM team revived from the old days for CM10, which allows for OTA CM updates with no need for an external app, it appears under system updates in the settings.

I was considering doing that a little bit further down the line for this -- basically easy OTAs, just wondering what people would think of it. Before we push to official merge, of course. :P

I think that providing a ota update would be good providing it all goes smoothly. Has anyone any experience of using it?

Guest unaszplodrmann

I was considering doing that a little bit further down the line for this -- basically easy OTAs, just wondering what people would think of it. Before we push to official merge, of course.

Hassle free updates in just a few taps? Nah, don't like the sound of that. Horrendous idea! :P

Rostilj cant wait anymore, he must test it !! (like me, but i am silent)

Funny, I could've sworn you just posted.

Edited by unaszplodrmann