[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest unaszplodrmann

Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to taking the plunge and finally switching to 2030 in order to ply with the next build ;) I feel the appropriate time for donating is approaching for me, too.

Guest wassupjg

Think I gave you your 1000th rep point Dazzozo, you deserve em all! Thanks for sharing your work.

Edited by wassupjg

Guest intensedarkness

Daz, congratulations on the phenomenal progress. Your work is putting two of the largest multi-billion dollar telecoms conglomerates on the planet to shame.

Has there been any improvement to the video recording resolution?

Eagerly awaiting the CM10 release.

Best of luck.

Guest intensedarkness

That's great, thanks. I've heard a lot about msm7227a HD video recording. Hope its possible on the G300.

Edited by intensedarkness

Guest Frankish

I intend to donate when I get paid ad its much deserved. I'm guessing it will go from a dev thread to a new release thread when the time comes? Or will it all be contained here for further development discussion?

Guest intensedarkness

Anybody that has trird this can you tell me the problem with audio

From reading earlier posts, my understanding is that there is a problem with the system directing audio to either the internal speaker, external speaker, or headphones. Currently most if not all audio goes to the loudspeaker.

Of course I may be wrong, that's from memory only.

Guest Umrtvovacz

I am still on Gingerbread GR2 Paul's rom and I just flashed CM7 on my father's HTC Wildfire Buzz and I was amazed how it's polished and how many options are there. So very customizable.

My guess is that CM10 have all those options and more, am I right? Is there any complete list of features of CM10?

My other question is about V6 Supercharger. I have great experience from using it on Gingerbread. How does it works with CM10? Does it helps?

Thanks for all the time you put into this great rom. Keep up the good work!

Guest unaszplodrmann

And doesn't just "work". It works completely with the stock JB app.

Nice, nice, nice.

Now, who was it that said that video would never be supported?

Guest Dazzozo

WE BOOSTPULSE NOW https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_kernel_huawei_u8815/commits/jellybean

I am still on Gingerbread GR2 Paul's rom and I just flashed CM7 on my father's HTC Wildfire Buzz and I was amazed how it's polished and how many options are there. So very customizable.

My guess is that CM10 have all those options and more, am I right? Is there any complete list of features of CM10?

My other question is about V6 Supercharger. I have great experience from using it on Gingerbread. How does it works with CM10? Does it helps?

Thanks for all the time you put into this great rom. Keep up the good work!

CM10 actually has less settings. When ICS came around, they pretty much started CM from scratch. With CM7, every difference of opinion on gerrit resulted in a new setting being added and it just seemed like a really young project.

With CM9 onwards, the goal is "better user experience out of the box instead of a million settings", "CyanogenMod Settings" is no more and all the settings they do have are integrated in the regular Android settings menus.

A large amount of the feature removal though, was because Google actually took a lot of CM's features for ICS.