[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Bryfly, are you using over clock kernel? Just thinking min CPU speed could be set too low so slow to wake up

Yes got it running 1.229ghz to 480 mhz, re installed rom over the top and it appears to be a lot better, only does it occasionally now, could it be that i have it set to high at 1.229 ghz

edit ... turned it back to 1008 ghz still got the same prob..

Edited by bryfly

Guest Dazzozo

Kang=unofficial build surely?

A kang is not necessarily an unofficial build, a kang is using someone else's stuff and hacking on it for your own purposes.

Guest Dazzozo

I was referring to aokp which i presumed was like cm and miui. Probably way off mark though

It's basically... CM. :P

I still question why it exists, though it has been a while since I tried it. Of course I'll submit the device config to them at around the same time.

Guest Jamie :)

It's extremely like CM, although it has more features.. Not all of these features are better though, I prefer CM.. AOKP has an awful notification toggle, takes up so much room!

I was thinking of your aokp for crescent which i really liked.

Reckon a jb miui would be nice to

This cm10 is shaping up to be something special.

Good work again fella

Guest Dazzozo

We can now (probably) safely move up to 3.0.21. We've got a newer dhd_4330.ko, and it might even work with the 3.0.31 kernel.

I have a feeling this is not a good thing..?

It is, it makes our touchscreen not crap

We can now (probably) safely move up to 3.0.21. We've got a newer dhd_4330.ko, and it might even work with the 3.0.31 kernel.

It is, it makes our touchscreen not crap

How? This ROM seems very complicated.

Guest matthewfrosty

Cant wait for this to get through testing! on a unrelated topic, has anyone managed to find a way of getting facebook notifications working?

Because it's a dev thread?

I understand that, it was more of a compliment to be honest. Oh well, I just wanted to know how the touch screen would be better,

but if it's not explainable, don't worry.

Guest Dazzozo

I understand that, it was more of a compliment to be honest. Oh well, I just wanted to know how the touch screen would be better,

but if it's not explainable, don't worry.

The updated drivers were taken from a later kernel release for a different Huawei device. Huawei seem to keep support for all devices in their kernel, and for all we know, these updated drivers are in newer stock ROMs but there was no kernel source update provided.

We may have also fixed the Wi-Fi deadlock for the same reason -- newer kernel source for a different device.

Guest timfimjim

That's pretty interesting. Does that mean the kernel could be slimmed down somewhat (by deleting all the drivers etc that aren't meant for that model)?

Guest Fagulhas

That's pretty interesting. Does that mean the kernel could be slimmed down somewhat (by deleting all the drivers etc that aren't meant for that model)?

Not really, just means we have more sources where to look for drivers and stuff. Only the needed stuff is compiled when building a kernel.