[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Umrtvovacz

Read in a chinese forum that there will be a JB for 300 in 2 hours from a local team. The post was deleted in 5 minutes.

Well there is already Dazzozo's JB so it's no miracle, even when we only consider what has been already released. Question is in what state it would be if they released it.

Guest Dazzozo

Yet it could still be different in many ways. We don't know what kernel they're using and how/if they've solved the bigger issues that affect us long term.

I don't hold much hope though, from what I've seen they like to leech. I've seen things copied straight out of my builds before, even since I've had the device config private, which shouldn't be for too much longer. :P

Guest Frankish

It's a shame when you work hard for people to leech off it without any credit but as long as you know and us guys on modaco know who did the hard work.

Guest unaszplodrmann

It's a shame when you work hard for people to leech off it without any credit

Welcome the wonderful world of Android development. Many don't bother to keep licenses in place, nevermind respecting authorship on more informal basis. The real shame would be if full source were public and they lifted it, but it isn't, and we'll all know who did the leg work when the times comes ;)

Guest shockdj

I'll just be glad when the rom is here. I know nothing of the technicals but I appreciate all the effort daz puts in. His crescent roms were great so I know this will be too. Excited :-) if u need testers give me a shout daz. I use my phone almost 24/7 so will be thorough in exploring every tiny last bit of the rom for issues. Keep up the great work dude!

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Within two last weeks this thread grew up significantly what causes me to watch this thread carefully. Isn't it better to stop asking and start waiting for final commit, final submission of CM10 image? Some of us gets confused about number of posts in this thread with no official CM10 release (like as dzonyfox).

The best thing would be - close this thread, wait for CM10, and unlock this thread again when it's here.

--sry for my poor english

Guest jsevi83

Within two last weeks this thread grew up significantly what causes me to watch this thread carefully. Isn't it better to stop asking and start waiting for final commit, final submission of CM10 image? Some of us gets confused about number of posts in this thread with no official CM10 release (like as dzonyfox).

The best thing would be - close this thread, wait for CM10, and unlock this thread again when it's here.

--sry for my poor english

Never, this thread should not be closed. When the release is ready you'll know, and probably the title will change, specially that part saying "Last updated:"

Users really need to READ instead of going to the last page and posting anything.

Guest Malthus

Never, this thread should not be closed. When the release is ready you'll know, and probably the title will change, specially that part saying "Last updated:"

Users really need to READ instead of going to the last page and posting anything.

To be fair, expecting people to read the whole thread (which I have done for the record, since I've been following it since the beginning) when it's as massively long as it is and filled with probably 90% irrelevant posts (like ours are here) isn't very practical or realistic. Better options would have included limiting the thread to Dazzozos' posts only or something, or Dazzozos updating the first post with new information when he makes a new post about the state of his ROM.

Agree with ScutulatusCrotalus no point really having this thread open, until Daz has updates. Makes me question the purpose, we all like to play with incremental updates, this is part of the fun and adds to the community.

When this is released with no bugs - great we've all been waiting and appreciated the work gone in, but would be nice to flash stuff along the way and understand progress and feel a bit more worthy!

Guest buddn07

Surely it's quite simple... If you don't like it, don't read it!

I for one quite like reading the trials and tribulations that Daz has to go through to make this working rom.

I'm sure it will move to a release thread once a usable rom is released?