CM9 on A1 without freezes and reboot? yes we can!

Guest pajerm

Guest pajerm

Two days ago I installed CM9 in my liquid A1 and with this lucky configuration I had never again reboot or freezes!

These are the steps that you have to follow:

1) Install last CM9 from thepasto (thank you guy!)

2) Install GAPPS

3) Boot your phone without simcard and follow the start configuration

4) Type free in a terminal and be sure that you are using swap

5) Download last "v6 supercharger" script and run it from "Script Manager" with SU permissions

6) Download "no-frills cpu control" from playstore and set min:128 max:960, smartassv2, noop

7) If now your phone is slow disable compcache from terminal

8) Type "a2sd install" in terminal for move your apps to ext partition. (I leave dalvik cache on internal memory)

With this configuration I never had random reboot or freezes again, I don't know if I'm lucky or if this configuration really works....

Guest alboz83

Really works? i see that you don't use liquidparts app and you manage overclock, compcache and a2sd not in cyanogen settings. If you haven't reboot or freeze also with wifi and data, maybe there are problems with liquidparts app and cyanogen settings. Or you are very lucky!!

Guest pajerm

Yes, I don't use liquidparts.... and I have no problems with wifi or 3g connections. I think that v6 supercharger is the key to manage the low ram memory of our liquid without problems...

Edited by pajerm

Guest alboz83

In fact nobody has spoken of the v6 supercharger in the CM9 topic, and i don't know if thepasto or youpi666 have tested this rom with v6. Try it is!! And you keep us update :)

Guest alboz83

now i'm installing Cm9 but i don't have gapps and in goo.im the file have been deleted.. pajerm you have gapps? Can you share in mediafire or other? thanks

Edit: i found it in download gapps package!!

Edited by alboz83

Guest alboz83

In a few hours i don't have reboots and freezes. Before, the reboots and freezes were immediately after installed the rom. But now the open of applications is slow and sometimes crash. Anyway it's seems better

Guest Delnar_Ersike

In fact nobody has spoken of the v6 supercharger in the CM9 topic, and i don't know if thepasto or youpi666 have tested this rom with v6. Try it is!! And you keep us update :)

Yes, I don't use liquidparts.... and I have no problems with wifi or 3g connections. I think that v6 supercharger is the key to manage the low ram memory of our liquid without problems...

I will try this as soon as i can, great idea to use V6 supercharger to manage the ram

Not to sound egoistical or anything, but...

Has anyone tried using the new, ICS-compatible V6 SuperCharger with this ROM? I am especially curious as to how well it works on A1 devices, but I can't test it myself, seeing as I'm going to need my phone to be stable in the following days (flashed back to CM7.2 for this reason).

It's available here: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276

It got buried in the CM9 thread between all the complaints of lagging and freezing, and only now some people think about using it with CM9... :(

But, just as before, I'm curious to see the results.

Guest pajerm

In a few hours i don't have reboots and freezes. Before, the reboots and freezes were immediately after installed the rom. But now the open of applications is slow and sometimes crash. Anyway it's seems better

Yes, the open of application is slow, but I think that it is a compcache effect....

Guest alboz83

Three freezes and two reboots this morning, maybe v6 is not solution, there are problems at the base i think

Edit: In v6 settings, which option should i choose? i selected number 4 (for 256mb ram) but i have 256mb of swap, then maybe should i use option 5, 6 or 7. Or not?

Edited by alboz83

Guest youpi666

ok guys, we've already play with all of that last month with the pasto, some information :

- Supercharger V6 doesn't work ! it seems to work but if you check the memorykillervalues after a reboot, it's always the same, even with the 'patch' service.jar

- The only way we find for change adj and memorykiller value to adapt them to A1 is to change the hardcode values in source and build a new service.jar

After push the new service.jar and change the dalvik VM method to the old one, you'll have a CM9 without freeze and reboot on A1.

But don't dream, after it still not daily usable :)

I think i keep the good build.prop and service.jar in my other computer (but don't sure). If i find it, i will upload you that.

Edited by youpi666