[DEV] Liquid Metal dev-team (for CM9)

Guest superandrex

Guest Lens_flare
sorry but the xperia have a similar processor and same ram

there are just BUNCH of device on msm7x30(msm8255 is also msm7x30) but just no of them could help on porting, MT have just its own way to go.

Guest superandrex

sorry but the xperia have a similar processor and same ram...I thought it was possible...

Do not get distracted in vain pursuits (there is no chance with "similar" :D ). The CM9 is complete (not needed any porting), as I said, we have only 2 problems to solve (mobile data and camera).

@Lens

On x5 git repo, "packages_apps_camera" is the ICS camera with fixes? (I think test this)

Edited by superandrex

Guest Lens_flare
On x5 git repo, "packages_apps_camera" is the ICS camera with fixes? (I think test this)

it's CAF-only camera fix, couldn't be CM-applied(partially maybe).

Could you try to build full Aurora to run MT? I think it might greaten our chance to achieve something.

But anyway I really doubt kernel don't need a big mod like dzo did for u8800 even to make CAF build work (and he commited some "fix preview" things on kernel).

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest superandrex

it's CAF-only camera fix, couldn't be CM-applied(partially maybe).

Could you try to build full Aurora to run MT? I think it might greaten our chance to achieve something.

But anyway I really doubt kernel don't need a big mod like dzo did for u8800 even to make CAF build work (and he commited some "fix preview" things on kernel).

Ok, I'll try. Which branch use? pass directly to JB or use ics_chocolate?

Guest Lens_flare
Which branch use? pass directly to JB or use ics_chocolate?

dzo has some kind of *guide* on his Aurora thread, which in very short describing what to use for build, all I know it should be definitely ics, Jelly Bean is sh*** we never achieve according to what has been done other devs from htc, sony etc at it.

Guest dragonias

Looks like I am not of much use right now (since I mostly have no idea what you are talking about), but if someone would by any chance want to help me learn the device-specific details, I am willing to help. (To advertise myself a little bit: I am a fast learner, a good coder experienced with Linux, and I do think I would be able to contribute a great deal to the community, both now and in the future :P)

I can also test ROMs on my Liquid MT.

Guest Lens_flare
but if someone would by any chance want to help me learn the device-specific details, I am willing to help.

you'r welcome.

pm-d with gtalk [which is confidential info -)__(-].

Guest superandrex

@Lens

This morning I launched "repo sync" :D In a few hours should end. To compile use your device tree?

@For All

I saw that you have offered in many :) If someone if he feels could also try to compile ICS.

Guest fabiorino
@Lens

This morning I launched "repo sync" :D In a few hours should end. To compile use your device tree?

@For All

I saw that you have offered in many :) If someone if he feels could also try to compile ICS.

I'm here. Tell me how

Guest soundemonchan

@Lens

Next time you run repo sync, cd into .repo from the directory you initialized in, and edit manifest.xml to remove any device sources you don't need. It speeds it up :D

At least that's how it is with AOSP, not sure about CM

Edited by soundemonchan

Guest Lens_flare

aurora ics is not the same as CM.

I even not able to compile their prebuilt msm7x30_surf (that dzo compiles for his device), Whole source should be modded to allow compiling (see repos dzo left in his git, I don't know how to use them ;/), then, only need to compile that msm7x30_surf (with slight mod to change usr and other proprietaries to ours).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest liquid metal newbie

@Lens

@For All

so did it completed successfully ??

I don't think so.. This topic is dying like the others. Thanks to all the developers that try to finish the CM9 porting, it could be a last beautiful present to our liquid metal and I think it's a big sin to abandon a porting with only two bugs to fix.

In cases like this we (ordinary metal's users) could only thank when developers give us a new rom but we couldn't claim if they don't.

greetings to Lens and to all from an Italian fan of this comunity, byee

• 1 month later...