ZTE LAUNCH THE GRAND ERA (U985) IN CHINA

Guest tillaz

Just to clarify, the Finder does not have a resolution of 1920x1200 - that would be insane, it's resolution is actually 800x480

Source: http://android-sale....ppo-finder.html

Source: http://micgadget.com...g-and-hands-on/

Disappointing - I know - As someone who has a 15'' 1920x1200 laptop this sort of resolution I'd sell a child for.

the oppo finder 5 actually has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 (1080p)

http://techideki.com...5-specs-review/

your referring to the oppo finder (worlds thinnest smartphone)

Guest tillaz

impressive benchmarks on the stock rom,

i know some tegra tweaks that can add 2000+ points to my tegra 2 score... (o2x)

so i would think they can be applied to tegra 3 which would bring it even closer to the S3 score... which is probably from a custom rom

1701128dnwwk8uv7b5kddn.jpg

another reason why i would rather tegra 3... like tegra 2 it natively supports most video formats straight out the box.

( the info below is extracted from the Chinese xda forum )

1701149x73ccc51dzsdexc.png

1701145zbuq8wu2ybatwwq.png

Comes with video player player supports

full-screen playback of 1080p HD mp4, mkv, mov format video video screen virtual keys will automatically hide the

ZTE U985 mp4, mkv, mov format video smooth playback of 1080p Full HD resolution

170129hrbaabu6336brib8.jpg

170129cvv9jgegqq8eethr.jpg

Guest tillaz

looks like someone applied those tegra tweaks i was talking about... (adds 2000 points)

and as you can see it now beats the galaxy S3 (screenshots from Chinese xda)

post-913969-0-82358100-1349766675.png post-913969-0-29387700-1349766735_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hugobosslives

any news about the ERA ? cant wait for it :)

or the oppo 1080p device :P

as far as i know. its (the era) only out in asia

Edited by hugobosslives

at that price the oppo is out of my budget. you still getting the v985 tillaz?

definitely,

the v985 is also 1999 yuan in china (same as u985) so if there is a carrier branded version in the uk (like china) we could get it for £199.99

Guest hugobosslives

the European version of the era (v985) is supposed to release at the end of this month according to zte

as for the oppo 5, its went up in price

http://www.merimobil..._p/meri5768.htm

shite. $600/£400 is pushing it. for that I can get an s3/n2/HTCX/nearlywhateverthehellthenextnexuscosts

i will await this £200 era.....

Edited by hugobosslives

been following the Era and Oppo for quite sometime now..earlier I was looking at Mi-2 but then wifey got the S3 and was blown away by the performance specially since we shed the Touchwiz and went CM10!

And just like you guys, I'll probably get the ZTE if it hits the USD 250 mark, or Oppo if it dips at USD 400..I was always a big fan of price/performance ratio..

I could prolly wait till Jan 2013 to see of we get them at our 'target' prices..but then by that time the new Nexus will be in town..tough choice!

Really hope ZTE keep their promise this time, nearing November and still no release sad.png

people in the Chinese forums are saying that the official release date for the v985 is 14th November :huh:

to be honest i'm sick of waiting...

Guest the_crevis

Personally i think that ZTE's idiocy is finally catching up on them because even if they do release the era for a price of £200 who's going to buy that over the nexus 4 unless of course they want a micro sd card?

The nexus 4 8 Go will cost 300€, ZTE has to be competitive with this Era

if the nexus 4 had expandable memory i would not even look at the era... (its the only thing stopping me getting the N 4)

we should expect the zte era for £199.99 as the nexus 4 is only £239.99 sim free with 2GB RAM..

Personally i think that ZTE's idiocy is finally catching up on them because even if they do release the era for a price of £200 who's going to buy that over the nexus 4 unless of course they want a micro sd card?

that's the thing... the 8GB version will only actually have 5.5GB available

and the 16GB version will have about 12.5GB available

its like this on all devices with those sizes

this is a no go for anyone that plays games and stores movies / music on the phone... games theses days are hitting 1.5GB / 2GB

that 2GB ram and quad core CPU is only going to be put to use if you do the above things...

winch are massively limited due to the stupid lack of microSD slot... (arhhh, why Google?)

total gutted as i would of took the neuxs 4 all day long if it had expandable memory... without it, its useless to me :( :( :(