ZTE LAUNCH THE GRAND ERA (U985) IN CHINA

Guest tillaz

Guest hugobosslives

Yer pretty sure I'm guna get the nexus 16gb. If the space thing does bother me (for example if i move to cloud storage and do not like it) I can always sell the nexus in the new year for 200ish and buy an ltequadcoremsdcardmotherfuckerofaphone.

i thought, you didn't wanna get the nexus 4 because it doesn't have micro SD slot and therefore no enough memory

i didn't,

but with zte stating that they have no plans to release the grand era in the uk (this year).... what other option do i have?

i hate my o2x and can't wait until after xmas for something new,

my idea is to just take the nexus 4 now and sell it when a better option with extendable memory comes along :)

16bg version will give 13.5gb available,

zte told me it wont be in uk this year :huh:

ah well... if its available in the uk before the nexus 4 is back in stock i will take the era (purely for the expandable memory)

it should only be £199.99, same as there price in china

dat damn Google, now in USA Nexus 4 is available but shipping takes from 8 to 9 weeks O.o , tht's in case you order and pay it today > you'll get it in 8 weeks .... nothing to say here ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TouchyAndalou

Are you still leaning towards the Era, Tillaz?

I've got to admit, I'm more and more tempted by the Nexus 4 despite the non-expandable memory and non-removable battery situation. It pretty much ticks every other box.

Are you still leaning towards the Era, Tillaz?

I've got to admit, I'm more and more tempted by the Nexus 4 despite the non-expandable memory and non-removable battery situation. It pretty much ticks every other box.

the era wont be coming to the uk according to zte,

so i'm waiting on my 16gb nexus 4 been shipped (6 to 7 weeks) :(

Guest TouchyAndalou

the era wont be coming to the uk according to zte,

so i'm waiting on my 16gb nexus 4 been shipped (6 to 7 weeks) :(

From what I've heard, a lot of people are getting stock quicker than what's being quoted... Google are probably just trying to prepare people for the worst case scenario.

Shame about the Era, but it's ZTE's loss. I'll be looking at getting the N4 too now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest quadroid

Hi Guys,

First time poster here. Came across this message board in my attempt to find a way to root my ZTE U985 Grand Era which I have just recently bought.

I got it directly from the ZTE online shop for 1600RMB (£160) and while I was at it I picked up a ZTE U930 for 800RMB (£80) which I thought was a great deal.

Been playing with both phones now for a couple of weeks and I have to say so far so good. They have been more than worth the money.

• 3 weeks later...