DUAL CORE G330D $209 or £132 LINK INSIDE

Guest tillaz

Guest Malthus

Indeed. Although I don't really care much about aftersales support personally, tbh. Usually when stuff goes wrong I'd rather just throw it in the bin than go through the hassle of calling automated telephone numbers and sending stuff back to manufacturers etc.

Guest Rico_89

I forgot to mention that it has Corning Gorilla Glass.

Looks more like King Kong glass.. :)

Looks awesome though wish we could get it here at that price.

Guest arnette

well, anyone gonna give them a go, im rather tempted I have to say?

Just gave my beloved, modded, G300 (with case!) to my Dad after his phone was taken.

So I'm ready for one of these:)

Either of the phones in the OP are verrrry attractive lol.

Will a modding community evolve eventually for these phones? I'll want a phone I can root (not in the Australian sense).

Would the dual sim capability make it difficult for ROMs to be developed?

Using a dumbphone atm so ready to order yesterday really.

edit: from the comments here : "while it may be a dual-core and to most people that probably means “Powerful”, take note that it’s a dual-core Cortex A5, which is weaker than the Cortex A9s found in phones like the Galaxy S2. Expect it to be slower than those phones. Of course, the low price makes up for it."

Edited by arnette

Guest RussellS

edit: from the comments here : "while it may be a dual-core and to most people that probably means “Powerful”, take note that it’s a dual-core Cortex A5, which is weaker than the Cortex A9s found in phones like the Galaxy S2. Expect it to be slower than those phones. Of course, the low price makes up for it."

Agreed. However, the phone I linked to ealier in this post http://android-sale.com/jiayu-g3.html uses the MediaTek MT6577 which is a dual-core Cortex A9 and it is still under £125.

Guest blaztar

I heard that Jiayu have own factories for their mobile. So quality is bigger that all most other companies which phones made some strange factories.

Edited by blaztar

Guest dt_matthews

am i right in thinking that if you buy from one of these sites using a Credit Card and they never send you anything then you are able to claim via your card company and get a refund?

How much would it cost to import though?

It might drive the cost past reasonable.

Usually shipping is free, once you are prepared to wait on China Post. Other charges would be vat if it gets stopped by customs.

Guest DADSCAB

I've got a friend of mine coming back from China next Monday, he's already asked me if I want him to bring anything back, so could get this.

I'm not a techie person, but would like to buy this for my daughters 14th birthday present, but I'm a bit worried that it won't work straight out the box in the UK on vodfone, and I'll be stuck with it.

Any thoughts?

Edited by DADSCAB

Guest pelago

Personally, I don't think this is a good phone to buy someone as a present. For yourself to hack around with, and not worry about trying to get support if it goes wrong, it's fine.

Guest Rico_89

Usually shipping is free, once you are prepared to wait on China Post. Other charges would be vat if it gets stopped by customs.

Once the item is over £15 you will be charged Import VAT: http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&propertyType=document&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014#P26_2848

Guest Maximus9

think most people hear already know my opinion on phones at the moment lol

looking at this the Acer is the worse choice since it says single core, plus it uses an older CPU (MediaTek MT6575)

http://www.phonearen...lant-Duo_id7437

I don't know your opinion on phones, but would love to cause I need to change from my (second) G300, which is getting slower every day, and has all the other problems (restarts, phone keeps ringing and screen remains blocked until battery pull, screen doesn't activate when button pressed and so on).

I was actually thinking of buying the Acer Galant Duo, the CPU is single Core, but is still newer then the one in G300 and in tests is 1,5 times faster then the one in G300. Shouldn't that be enough to make it a bit faster? I just want a decent responsive phone.