CM9 for Lg Optimus L3 (E400)

Guest tony_secreto

Guest Dragneel94

Hi, I installed CyanogenMod 9 in my LG Optimus L3 and I want to know if is it possible to have FM radio in it.

I tried Spirit FM, with no success. Does anybody can help in this?

Thanks!

Guest Xander_A

i hate the stockrom... and link2sd wont work for me on stock -.- i hope so for better cm9

just root the stock, Link2SD will stark to work correctly

Hey guys, I have finally decided to make an account after viewing this very thread for many months.

I have owned various LG phones, such as the viewty (ku990) and the viewty smart (GC900). I have some experince updating firmware, but i was clueless about custom mods.

Thanks for the guides that you guys have posted, without it would not be able to root and run the mod. :D

I have been flashing the various CM9 builds since August. Im really amazed by the mod, this is my first smartphone I have ever owned. I have seen a lot of reviews saying that this this phone is crap (mainly screen res), but to be honest im really happy with it, the CM9 mod makes a huge difference. Some people complain about not been able to text with the phone since keyboard is small. I use swiftkey which allows me to type with ease.

The only problem I had was the APN not working, and would not save the settings when entered. No matter how many times I tried the menu would remain blank. I was using an O2 UK sim, when i encounted this probelm. The minute I put in an old Orange UK sim, the settings appear. After many months of flashing, who would of thought that trying another sim might allow you to connect to the internet. I never thought of changing sims, since I have been using this sim for many years and it worked in stock os.

I have now switched to orange, due to better reception and cheaper monthly bill. I read somewhere that the APN probelm maybe due to a lock that the network has put on. As you know that this phone is not 4G, but i can connect to new EE network when I turn my 3G on. The H icon comes on, so you know that your using HSPDA. Im really happy about this, since I have never noticed on my old lg phones if i was on 3G or HSPDA. Also I read somewhere tat you could request for APN settings for you network to be added, but im not sure that is 100% true.

I do get the battery boot error (I know how to bypass this) and inaccurate battery reading when viewing the battery settings. Everything else works,including the USB storage.I know this is a nightly, but im happy to run each build as my daily os.

A lot of people are asking when the next nightly is out. There out weekly,every sunday acording to cm wiki. The only thing that varies is the time, I normally check around 2 or 3 pm GMT. Can anyone varify that this change log for E400 is accurate, is this what I should expect in each various of the CM builds?

Besides zedge and mobile9, are there any wallpaper apps or maybe downloadable packs for this phone?

PS. Im running V10K and CM9 build 2012-10-07

Edited by Flowfx

Hey guys, I have finally decided to make an account after viewing this very thread for many months.

I have owned various LG phones, such as the viewty (ku990) and the viewty smart (GC900). I have some experince updating firmware, but i was clueless about custom mods.

Thanks for the guides that you guys have posted, without it would not be able to root and run the mod.

I have been flashing the various CM9 builds since August. Im really amazed by the mod, this is my first smartphone I have ever owned. I have seen a lot of reviews saying that this this phone is crap (mainly screen res), but to be honest im really happy with it, the CM9 mod makes a huge difference. Some people complain about not been able to text with the phone since keyboard is small. I use swiftkey which allows me to type with ease.

The only problem I had was the APN not working, and would not save the settings when entered. No matter how many times I tried the menu would remain blank. I was using an O2 UK sim, when i encounted this probelm. The minute I put in an old Orange UK sim, the settings appear. After many months of flashing, who would of thought that trying another sim might allow you to connect to the internet. I never thought of changing sims, since I have been using this sim for many years and it worked in stock os.

I have now switched to orange, due to better reception and cheaper monthly bill. I read somewhere that the APN probelm maybe due to a lock that the network has put on. As you know that this phone is not 4G, but i can connect to new EE network when I turn my 3G on. The H icon comes on, so you know that your using HSPDA. Im really happy about this, since I have never noticed on my old lg phones if i was on 3G or HSPDA. Also I read somewhere tat you could request for APN settings for you network to be added, but im not sure that is 100% true.

I do get the battery boot error (I know how to bypass this) and inaccurate battery reading when viewing the battery settings. Everything else works,including the USB storage.I know this is a nightly, but im happy to run each build as my daily os.

A lot of people are asking when the next nightly is out. There out weekly,every sunday acording to cm wiki. The only thing that varies is the time, I normally check around 2 or 3 pm GMT. Can anyone varify that this change log for E400 is accurate, is this what I should expect in each various of the CM builds?

Besides zedge and mobile9, are there any wallpaper apps or maybe downloadable packs for this phone?

PS. Im running V10K and CM9 build 2012-10-07

Gracias por tu mensaje, la verdad me ha ayudado mucho, sobretodo el siguiente link:

http://cm9log.appspot.com/?device=e400

Ahora podré ver que cambios se efectuarán en las siguientes versiones y fecha de salida,a ver si corrigen el error de inicio con el icono de la batería, que molesta la verdad xD

Y sobre el almacenamiento USB, no funciona igual que con Gingebread, si tu ordenador no te instala el driver te quedas sin almacenamiento USB D:

PD: ¿La siguiente versión no salía ayer? Aun que solo es traducción, a mí no me sirve :3

PD2: Google Translator xD

New versions of CM9 roll out everY week... the major of the builds they have come out on Sunday. If you look at the date on the CM download page you will see that they have all been released on Sunday. There could be a possibility that the build may not come out Sunday when the mod get closer to the final stage.

Looking at the link there does not seem to be a lot of changes in CM9 build 14/10/2912, unless it get updated later or they have not mentioned all the changes

Edited by Flowfx

Sorry I posted in spanish u_u

Thanks for your post, really helped me a lot, especially the following link:

http://cm9log.appspot.com/?device=e400

Now I can see what changes will be made in the following versions and departure date to see if they correct the mistake of starting with the battery icon, which annoys the truth xD

And on USB storage does not work as with Gingebread, if your computer will not install the driver you run out of USB storage D:

PS: The next version not out yesterday? Even that is only translation, to me does not help: 3

PD2: Google Translator xD

Why stay to stock? For me the stock version are a laggy rom with lot of bug and full of operator crap.

I use CM everyday since the first nightly and just little bug.

And it's more beautiful than the shitty stock.

I have no real problem it's work like a charm (sometimes the camera bug but since end of september it's work correctly for me)

And i can play more game without bug that with the stock

Sorry for bad english

Guest chelseartb

Hi i just made an account because i own an Lg Optimus L3. Can anyone help me? I have a tmobile sim and my apn settings dont have anything in it, no entries listed. I cant add any new apns becuase they just dont save and ive even tried the tweakkers app and it says my sim cannot be used... im on contract and cannot change my sim. I have tried the phone with an older sim and it detects the apns correctly so theres nothing wrong with the hardware. Plz help and i have tried this all on the latest ROM 07.10.2012. Thnx

oh, okay, the last nightly had bad bugs with the mobil network (if you are on travel and often reconect) and widgets but no crashs with the unsecured boot.ini...

maybe with the new version there work more

btw, work anyconnect for somebody? i need it for my university

No better perfomance,no bugs fixed,the same of the each other nightly

For performance, I changed the animation from 1x to 0.5x, everything opens fast and gives the phone a snappy feel. These settings are in developers options under the windows animation scale. kill app back button is also selected in the developer options. The phones feels much faster this way. Also im using a 8gb class 10 sd card. The only apps that are not link via link2sd are swiftkey and lookout. I have selected purging of assets in memory management in the performance menu.

Im using CM9 Build 2012-10-14. The battery bug is still there, but im sure this will be fixed at a later stage. Until then you will have to use to power button the bypass. I know it frustrating have to wait each week for a new build to try, but these builds are better than sock, well for me it is.

When I say battery bug, im talking about battery animation on boot and the inaccurate reading or battery life eg 53m 36s on battery when battery is at 84%.

Also when you using slide to unlock. If you pull down the noticfication draw and slick settings then the back button, the phone unlocks its self and takes you to the home screen.

Hello, guys.

Does anybody else have some troubles with permissions?

1) i install the Cyanogenmod

2) trying to create a folder on "External" SD. (Tried with Total Commander, then even flashed again and tried to creat with Terminal Emulator (mkdir) )

3) Connect Device to PC

4) Can't see the folder at Windows Explorer.

Does anybody expect such issues? I think there is something wrong with permissions (in MOD? o.O on my SD Card - seems to be more true)

Does anybody have some workaround ideas?

Hello, guys.

Does anybody else have some troubles with permissions?

1) i install the Cyanogenmod

2) trying to create a folder on "External" SD. (Tried with Total Commander, then even flashed again and tried to creat with Terminal Emulator (mkdir) )

3) Connect Device to PC

4) Can't see the folder at Windows Explorer.

Does anybody expect such issues? I think there is something wrong with permissions (in MOD? o.O on my SD Card - seems to be more true)

Does anybody have some workaround ideas?

Fix permisons on recovery mode :b