Official B936 Vodafone NZ

Guest donaldboyer

Guest snowylands

B936 is out in NZ. I got it last night 11pm (NZ time). FIrst there was a package to update from B892->B895, then from B895 to B936

I'm a newbie so I haven't used any other roms (I'm planning to try out rooting), but its running very similar to GB

Baseband is 2030

B936 is out in NZ. I got it last night 11pm (NZ time). FIrst there was a package to update from B892->B895, then from B895 to B936

I'm a newbie so I haven't used any other roms (I'm planning to try out rooting), but its running very similar to GB

Baseband is 2030

Where about are you, they must be going to release it by region as i dont have it yet

Baseband is 2030

Any major differences?

Guest donaldboyer

Dammit, I really wish I hadn't installed a custom ROM! Now I can't OTA update to B936! :/

When do you think we will have 936 into a CWM package?

edit: didn't make sense!

Edited by donaldboyer

Guest Dazzozo

Dammit, I really wish I hadn't installed a custom ROM! Now I can't OTA update to B936! :/

When do you think we will have 936 into a CWM package?

edit: didn't make sense!

What's stopping you just reverting to stock?

Guest kiwishaun

What's stopping you just reverting to stock?

He probably doesn't have a backup of his stock rom. I don't either otherwise I would also be updating to this OTA :(

Edited by kiwishaun

Guest snowylands

snowyland, can you post the full build number please

U8815V100R001C02B936

Any major differences?

Can't tell because I've only used OTA so far. Although there is a huge vodafone logo instead of the Huawei Ascend logo at startup

Guest Dazzozo

He probably doesn't have a backup of his stock rom. I don't either otherwise I would also be updating to this OTA :(

Why is that a problem? You can download any version via update.app and use that. Providing it's a version that is subject to OTA and you install vendor, it will still be subject to OTAs.

Guest donaldboyer

Why is that a problem? You can download any version via update.app and use that. Providing it's a version that is subject to OTA and you install vendor, it will still be subject to OTAs.

Hang on, so how do I do this? I'm running Infusion 4.0.3. How do I force it to update to Vodafone NZ ICS B934?

Sorry if this is a dopey question, just wanting more info!

Guest kiwishaun

Hang on, so how do I do this? I'm running Infusion 4.0.3. How do I force it to update to Vodafone NZ ICS B934?

Sorry if this is a dopey question, just wanting more info!

I think Dazz means we can install any stock firmware and update that firmware OTA but if we want to update to Vodafone NZ we would still need a Vodafone NZ stock firmware.

I downgraded from b934 to b882 then upgraded via ota to b885 no vendor flash. i havnt recieved ota b936 yet but am still hopfull. have called Hawaii they tell me to keep trying

Guest donaldboyer

I downgraded from b934 to b882 then upgraded via ota to b885 no vendor flash. i havnt recieved ota b936 yet but am still hopfull. have called Hawaii they tell me to keep trying

Where did you get 882 from that you downgraded to?

And what downgrade method did you use?

Thanks!

Where did you get 882 from that you downgraded to?

And what downgrade method did you use?

Thanks!

B882

http://www.huaweidev...uctId=3764&tb=0

Just wait a little it may not upgrade for me yet. No vendor files

I noticed that when i upgraded from B882 to B885 ota the download update.app was stored in hwOUC then when it installed it deleted the file.

If say i downloaded and coppied it before install would someone here be able to package up for the masses.

I should be able to coppy it right ??

Edited by luvvt

Guest anything-but

Found this http://www.tinhte.vn.../#post-23419250

Same place that leaked B934,files were posted today @ 7am so maybe.......just downloading anyway to have a look. :)

Update: It`s a dload+vendor folder (needs 7z to extract) just trying to extract the update.app and have a look.

Update 2: Extracted ok but can`t tell what version as i`m not geeky enough. :D Someone else will have to have a look now as work calls.

Edited by anything-but

Found this http://www.tinhte.vn.../#post-23419250

Same place that leaked B934,files were posted today @ 7am so maybe.......just downloading anyway to have a look. :)

Update: It`s a dload+vendor folder (needs 7z to extract) just trying to extract the update.app and have a look.

Update 2: Extracted ok but can`t tell what version as i`m not geeky enough. :D Someone else will have to have a look now as work calls.

How would I be able to tell I take it there's no build no.

How would I be able to tell I take it there's no build no.

As usual download both files, extract the first one "001" using 7zip and they will extract into one folder with the dload and vendor folders and then you should be able to get the build number..... I would do it, but im away from a pc atm :(