Official B936 Vodafone NZ

Guest donaldboyer

if i had it it would have been flashed all over this forum by now. ;D

Some have it, and some dont. I really dont know the specifics of how or who gets release but hopefully its all done by Friday. I couldnt imagine waiting through the weekend now that its released

OK, will you post here to tell us if it updates then please?

Donald its pretty much confirmed now that unless you have the stock nz firmware then upgrade is not going to work.

https://www.facebook.com/HuaweiDeviceNZ?ref=ts

No worries will just have to pretend im a Pom and upgrade to UKs firmware. ;D

Unless we get a kind Kiwi to post the upgrade (come on guys, share)

Guest donaldboyer

Donald its pretty much confirmed now that unless you have the stock nz firmware then upgrade is not going to work.

https://www.facebook...DeviceNZ?ref=ts

No worries will just have to pretend im a Pom and upgrade to UKs firmware. ;D

Unless we get a kind Kiwi to post the upgrade (come on guys, share)

Perhaps someone could provide instructions on how to extract a rom and upload it to us?

Guest cutcutcut

I'm in NZ and yet to get the update. I've just this minute checked. They recomend on facebook to do a backup before installing ICS. What's the best way to backup? I don't have root, and I'm total newb with Android. I'm willing to upload a rom somehwere, but I'll need some good instructions!

Actually, is there a way to download the update to a PC? Can we access the update server somehow?

Not yet, but I have requested they release the update to their world wide site. NZers seem a bit stingey when it comes to sharing.

Short arms and long pockets lol

Guest Colin Whiteside

I'm in NZ and yet to get the update. I've just this minute checked. They recomend on facebook to do a backup before installing ICS. What's the best way to backup? I don't have root, and I'm total newb with Android. I'm willing to upload a rom somehwere, but I'll need some good instructions!

There's a back-up app preinstalled on the device. Don't know how good it is, but it should save all the important stuff off. Hopefully.

Can you please save the update.app for us all.

Have you updated yet ??

Guest cutcutcut

Can you please save the update.app for us all.

Have you updated yet ??

No I haven't got the update available yet?

And I would save the update.app but as I said, I'll need some instructions on exactly how to do so.

ok do you have an micro sd card

To update go to:

Settings/about phone/online update/ firmware

(it should now search and it will ask you if you want to update)

choose yes but when its downloaded it should also ask if you want to install now or later- choose later.

Download Root Explorer from play store for free.

Open root explorer, Search for the folder hwOUC and inside you will find (update.app) Copy this to your sd card then move it to your pc.

If you dont have a sd card then create a new folder and copy the update to that folder. Then move to your pc.

Install the update,

From what others say you will get two updates, so you will have to do this twice maybe three times if there is a vendor update.

Edited by luvvt

Guest Dazzozo
ok do you have an micro sd card

To update go to:

Settings/about phone/online update/ firmware

(it should now search and it will ask you if you want to update)

choose yes but when its downloaded it should also ask if you want to install now or later- choose later.

Download Root Explorer from play store for free.

Open root explorer, Search for the folder hwOUC and inside you will find (update.app) Copy this to your sd card then move it to your pc.

If you dont have a sd card then create a new folder and copy the update to that folder. Then move to your pc.

Install the update,

From what others say you will get two updates, so you will have to do this twice maybe three times if there is a vendor update.

If you dont have a sd card

This is smart. Listen to this man.

Guest donaldboyer

Cutcutcut, thanks for making the effort for trying to get this firmware for us. We really appreciate it.

And thanks to luvvt and dazzazo for giving him advice!

When the update comes to the UK I will use the Huawei Hsuite and hope it saves it to the PC first.

Just seen this on twitter

"the G300 ICS does support accelerated hardware. However you'll only notice the benefits when you use 3D."

We shall see.

Edited by deuse

So there's no 2D acceleration which is what everyone has been asking for.

gg

I asked about HWA on the UI 2 days ago and Huawei have come back with the same answer!

time to sign up to voda uk forum and post I thinks ;)