Official B936 Vodafone NZ

Guest donaldboyer

All good! Releasing shortly.

That new Vodafone boot animation is monster. The first frame is like, entirely red. What were they thinking?

That will be first to go. After that i guess its become b934

Guest cutcutcut

Glad I could be of some assistance today. Quick question, I haven't yet done the OTA update, if I root my phone first so I can do a proper backup of my app data etc, can I still do the update? Also if I use Titanium or something like that to backup my app data will I then be able to restore to ICS after OTA update completes?

Thansk.

Guest anything-but

Yea,just get CWM on your phone after rooting,backup your current rom then flash the zip daz created from your files. :)

Remember to do a full wipe in CWM after backing up and before flashing the rom.

You`ll have to flash superuser (link in dazz`s post) to get root again when you flash the rom.

Edited by anything-but

Guest Dazzozo

If you're not on B9xx already which sounds true, you'll need to do the OTA properly for the RIL, touchscreen firmware and other changes.

The CWM zips are for people on earlier B9xx ROMs that would rather a nicer update.

Guest FrankieADZ

If you're not on B9xx already which sounds true, you'll need to do the OTA properly for the RIL, touchscreen firmware and other changes.

The CWM zips are for people on earlier B9xx ROMs that would rather a nicer update.

So ppl are still best to use the B926(Chinese ICS release) which has better HSPA then? :)

Guest cutcutcut

no you need to use unlok bootloader tool look for how to root 4.0 on here

No I'm just wanting to root my gingerbread device so I can backup app data before updating OTA to ICS.

Am I in the ballpark?

No I'm just wanting to root my gingerbread device so I can backup app data before updating OTA to ICS.

Am I in the ballpark?

Just use the huawei all back up app, doesn't need root just an apk... Should be around here somewhere --

Guest cutcutcut

Just use the huawei all back up app, doesn't need root just an apk... Should be around here somewhere --

Oh, I did do a backup with that, but I was under the impression that it wouldn't backup the actual app data? I thought you needed titanium backup or similar with root access to backup app data? Am I wrong? Does it get backed up to google? I just want to make sure my app data was backed up before OTA update. Is it not neccessary? I'm having a hard time working out exactly what to backup before OTA update.

Edited by cutcutcut

Oh, I did do a backup with that, but I was under the impression that it wouldn't backup the actual app data? I thought you needed titanium backup or similar with root access to backup app data? Am I wrong? Does it get backed up to google? I just want to make sure my app data was backed up before OTA update. Is it not neccessary? I'm having a hard time working out exactly what to backup before OTA update.

I believe it does back up app and data, but i would advise only backing up the really important apps or you do it through titanum back up... Only thing i think all back up is good at is backing up allbthe system stuff(contacts, texts, settings and notes...)

So i recommend all back up for system stuff and titanium backup for app+data

Guest Colin Whiteside

Am I in the ballpark?

If you root your device you'll lose all your data anyway, AFAIK.