TVCatchup app now available for Android

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

Watch free to air TV live on the move - never miss a show again.

All channels are available to UK residents.

TVCatchup enables you to watch FREE live UK TV on the move. Join over 7.3 Million users who enjoy:

• Over 50 Channels - Including BBC One, ITV, Channel 4, Five, Dave, CBeebies, 4Music, movies4men and Film4.
  • Optimised Adaptive Streaming compatible with cellular networks and wifi
  • Free of Charge
  • What's on Now and Next
  • High quality streams
  • TV Out support (May Require Cable Adaptor)
  • Share your thoughts with Twitter and Email

I've already downloaded this and it's fantastic, I've uninstalled BBC Iplayer and ITV Player and I'm just using this instead.

[Via: Google Play]

gallery_19680_65_24010.jpg

Click here to view the item

Guest T39andcounting

Two things with this app:

1) It's called TVCatchup. What does it do? Allow you to watch Live TV? What does it not allow you to do? Watch 'Catchup' TV services like 4OD and iPlayer. Name fail.

2) It will only let you share from the official twitter app, or (on my Galaxy Nexus) Bluetooth, Google Drive, Evernote or Gmail. Why not let me share with any of the usual list of installed options?

Could be good, but they need to fix #2, and either change the name or fix #1!

Guest sensory

Not even close to a replacement for the BBC iPlayer application for most people. You can't view catchup tv, only live TV. And no radio on BBC.

Good application though

Been using the beta for a while, its the best live uk tv app avilable.

The apps name could mean just catching up on live tv itself. If you use the main site you will know that it is Live Tv only, never claims to be an app which lets you watch iplayer or itv player programming, thats why they have their own sepearte apps.

I will say this though, The quality of the streams on the bbc iplayer app is an embaressment, look like a right mug next to my iphone counterparts when they are watching razor sharp images and im watching some pixelated junk, they really need to stop using flash asap.

TV catchup on the other hand is much better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.