TV Catchup

Guest marra2

Guest marra2

Just got the tvcatchup app from the market and it plays sound for a few seconds then errors saying data connection lost and this is on wifi !

I,m on the infinity rom by the way so any suggestions ?

Guest Hogweed

Tvcatchup app works fine for me. That's on Modaco Gr2 but it also worked for me on stock. The m.tvcatchup.com link works fine as well but I would recommend MX Player rather than VLC (which is currently an early beta build) to play it.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest buddn07

I've been using the TVCatchup beta for ages and it's worked fine. I think the issue is with the app itself, as a lot of people have been reporting issues on twitter.

May be worth checking the TVCatchup forums?

Guest Hogweed

The lip synch issue has always been a problem for me as well. Actually its a problem for many apps using hardware decoding of streamed media. Even MX Player goes out of synch unless I force software decoding of streamed media. It's not a performance "lag" problem" as such as if you keep reloading the channel you will eventually get sound and picture in synch and they then stay in synch.

Flash Player seems to manage hardware decoding of streaming media without the synch problem and you can use the desktop tvcatchup flash steams on the G300. Just select the low bandwidth stream.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest efigenio

Hi,

It doesn't work on my infusion b3 + omegamoon kernel. Works fine during 3 seconds the sound but without video image and then I get a video play back error (connection to the server lost). I configure the processor with 1.229ghz but it makes no differents.

The thing is that playing web videos i notices that with GB works fine but with ICS I can't play a lot of online videos flash... or video and sound not syhncronized.

In fact my miss has a huawei 8650 and she can play the tvcatchup app and other videos. O_O

Any idea or reason of this? because i am going to downgrade to GB...

Guest skobywan

Just got the tvcatchup app from the market and it plays sound for a few seconds then errors saying data connection lost and this is on wifi !

I,m on the infinity rom by the way so any suggestions ?

Try FIlmOn, from the marketplace. They do all the UK stations free in HD regardless of where you are :)

Damnit.... Too late.

Edited by skobywan

Guest psionandy

App seems really laggy (on GB rom). Lipsync is terrible!

On GB here, but busy watching f1 highlights on bbc3 at the moment, so there's not a lot of lips to sync and it looks pretty good... hang on a sec and i'll turn over to itv3 and watch Poirot... oh dear... i see what you mean. It looks fine.. but it does feel like i'm watching a foreign film dubbed into english.

Still, its free and it works ok for a bit of watching tv around the house when our main tv is busy showing cbeebies again and again....

Guest Damnome

I'm on giffgaff and I just can't get tvcatchup to work anymore by app or web link.

worked great on my sanfrancisco so can't work out why.

Works on wifi just not on 3G

I'm on stock GB at the mo too...

Guest Hogweed

Hmm, just checked and I can't get the tvcatchup app working on 3g giffgaff right now either. However the mobile web version is still working perfectly for me even with high quality bandwidth selected on 3g, Maybe some temporary problem.

Edited by Hogweed