Voice Typing on ICS

Guest stanvladut

Guest stanvladut

I just had installed AOKP version of ICS , installed voice search but didn't see any mic on main keyboard yet, even if i check the option from settings.Does exist any way to get voice typing working? I want to dictate mails or messages.

That's odd..

Go to language and keyboard and see if there is an option to add the voice input button to the keyboard.

Failing that try downloading ICS Keyboard from the Android Market you can have voice typing on 2.3 using it.

Guest stanvladut

Not really. I went to setting, check the option but no mic icon on keyboard. I am using AOKP-CM9 Remix and i think there is no chance to do this. I don;t understand why the cpu should be the problem ... Don't work even if i download a new keyboard from market...

Thank you for advices!

Edited by stanvladut

In that case it is probably an issue with burstlams aokp cm9 remix rom.

Did you use a tpt before installing the rom? You have to use a tpt that gives you more system storage.

I have just looked on my blade (running konstats cm10) and it does not have voice typing. Sorry looks lile if you want it desperatly you'll need to go back to gingerbread.

Unless somebody else has a suggestion.

Guest stanvladut

No, no! I got it working! Just download ICS Keyboard from market and magically it works. Yesterday i tried with another Keyboard, but now it works and after voice search update you have a lot of languages to choose. Thanks!