Volume down gets crazy my zte racer

Guest Gabriel Antthonny

Guest Gabriel Antthonny

Hi everyone, the Volume Down Button gets crazy my phone since 1 year ago, every time it looks like if i'm holding the button...

It brings a lot of problems for me... When i shut down accidentally my phone i can't turn it on again, because of it enters into recovery mode... The Vol- button some times doesn't work or works normally... :wacko:

I'm desperate reading threads and i couldn't find the solution! PLEASE HELP ME!!! What i gotta do?

I'm so grateful of you, since i have rooted my phone I'm reading your threads and you help me a lot!

Thanks!

Sorry for my bad english (if it's bad :P) I'm Venezuelan and i don't like to use the translator because of it's so bad translating :wacko:

Guest redhawkuk

Your volume down button is broken this a hardware fault that cannot be corrected by software only by getting your handset repaired.

However if you need to adjust the volume levels there are several Android apps which can do this for you by tapping the screen.

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

Guest Gabriel Antthonny

Thanks a lot, I was thinking in this possibility, and today i've disarmed my phone looking if something was broken, and I've found that the vol- button is different than the vol+, it looks broken... Thanks for the reply, i have other question! Here in my country find a Racer's part is almost impossible! i've already looked and i don't find the button, what could happen if i'll remove the button? i'll manage my phone with ADB to enter into recovery mode; and use the vol+ to scroll there... But May I break my phone or it will continue so? :s sorry for my english again!

Edited by Gabriel Antthonny

Guest GuyOverThere

Thanks a lot, I was thinking in this possibility, and today i've disarmed my phone looking if something was broken, and I've found that the vol- button is different than the vol+, it looks broken... Thanks for the reply, i have other question! Here in my country find a Racer's part is almost impossible! i've already looked and i don't find the button, what could happen if i'll remove the button? i'll manage my phone with ADB to enter into recovery mode; and use the vol+ to scroll there... But May I break my phone or it will continue so? :s sorry for my english again!

Nah you won't break other stuff by dumping that button, I'm not sure if you'll need to physically remove it though, perhaps it can be disabled by removing it from keymap files or even disabling its gpio from kernel, anyhow, removing it (physically or otherwise) shouldn't affect anything else