Does g300 support DLNA?

Guest RDower

Guest MiguelPereira

why not test it and report back

Hi... I installed it and Tested it with a Samsung Smart TV connected to my home's wireless network.

It does work... And in fact it it's not a bad idea to install it and test it...

:)

• 3 months later...
Guest peweleng

I found something that works for me...

I found this thread while looking for an app to stream from my G300 to my TV through a DLNA certified LG bluray player. Unfortunately the link for the huawei app isn't working. I'm still on stock gingerbread for the time being so it wouldn't work on my phone anyway.

BUT here's something that works brilliantly... It's called SKIFTA. It claims to be DLNA certified and is really slick and simple to use. It's free and you can get it on Google Play, they also have a website. I've tried out at least a dozen other apps and not one worked properly for me, except Skifta. Now I can see my pictures on my phone on my TV and i can stream music and video. It even works with HD video.

Another potentially useful feature is the ability to connect to and stream from a range of cloud services such as dropbox,picasa,photobucket, internet radio etc. You can also access your home network remotely with your phone according to the website. I haven't tried these features yet though.

Guest peweleng

Yeah it does would recommend Bubble upnp.

https://play.google....nViYmxldXBucCJd

Bubble upnp works too and it's video controls are a bit better than skifta. But I had problems when viewing images from my Huawei beamed to my TV. Bubble upnp was glitchy on my G300 when selecting pictures and threw up access denied messages. (Although it might work better on ICS, I'm still on gingerbread.)

Link for Skifta:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skifta.android.app