[Fixed] Just installed ICS, unlockbootloader.exe problem

Guest thenige

Guest thenige

Hey there,

I have been following Cyda's guid for updating to ICS and rooting.

It's all gone fine so far but once I got to running unlockbootloader.exe it won't work. Not sure what I am doing wrong though I am very new to it.

I ran the ADB drivers from the phone ISO. My PC appears to recognise the device although the /cmd I tried to check if it was working did nothing, unlockbootloader.exe fails and the alternative from Dazzozo can't find the device.

EDIT: Just followed this:

'Connect your computer and Android device with a USB cable. Then, open a terminal on your computer and run the following command:

adb devices

You should see something like this:

List of devices attached

XXXXXXXXXXXX device'

My answer being

"Windows cannot find adb" so I am guessing it's still not installed correctly?

I have got USB debugging on (also tried with it off)

Tried it in USB storage mode and without.

Is there something simple I am missing? I'm running out of hair now...

Any help much appreciated, Neil

Edited by thenige

Guest thenige

I would guess you don't have ADB setup/installed correctly.

I would guess that too :P

Is there a way to check it's running? I see many very long winded ways of intalling it around but from what I have read all over the place today, taking it from the phone ISO was the best bet. I may be looking at the wrong one though? I see 'Handset WinDriver.exe' in the adb_driver folder.

EDIT: Installing it all manually...

Edited by thenige

I would guess that too :P

Is there a way to check it's running? I see many very long winded ways of intalling it around but from what I have read all over the place today, taking it from the phone ISO was the best bet. I may be looking at the wrong one though? I see 'Handset WinDriver.exe' in the adb_driver folder.

EDIT: Installing it all manually...

Follow this page to reinstall the drivers, and then this page to root, unlock bootloader and install ClockworkMod.

Edited by Guest

have you confirmed su is in your app draw.

have you turned on usb debugging and ticked install unknown sources.

is your phone sitting at idle when you try to unlock bootloader

Guest thenige

Thanks for the replies. I had another go at installing the adb drivers before I came on here, the android device is recognised and now shows up when I test adb but the bootunlocker still fails.

Follow this page to reinstall the drivers, and then this page to root, unlock bootloader and install ClockworkMod.

Cheers, now looking through this.

have you confirmed su is in your app draw.

have you turned on usb debugging and ticked install unknown sources.

is your phone sitting at idle when you try to unlock bootloader

Superuser is not there since I installed ICS. I believe it would not be until after the stage I'm stuck on.

Both ticked and the phone's not doing alot when I try to unlock if it's running or sleeping. Apart from an orange light.

EDIT: Got to page three of the guide. I reinstalled the drivers (listed as already there) then ran the g300-root-windows.zip and got to..

devicenotfound.png

I would be perfectly happy to leave it as it is now but I have no Google apps. The full pack doesn't install, I guess as I don't have root and I can't get them in manually :P Google Play was the only part that would install but it's broken without the rest.

This is what I get when I try to install the whole Gapps file from recovery/sd card.

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:failed to verify whole file signature

E:signature verification failed

E:update fail and delete temp files

Installation aborted.

Is is a simple setting I have missed?

Edited by thenige

you have to root the phone first. I take it you are using the b926 root/unlock bootloader tool ??

use this when the phone is at idle not bootloader screen. (bootloader screen will just hold on the bootlogo screen)

simply click the root and let close by its self. watch your phones screen as it will confirm in small writing root permissions.

check for the su in your app draw and if there then do unlock bootloader the same way you just done su

Edit

Sorry i didnt realise you were using a different method

Edited by luvvt

Guest thenige

Got it working. Another pc running the mighty Vista and it all went smoothly. Who knows where it's gone wrong on mine but hopefully an all too needed reinstall will correct it.

Ah well, at least I can still access the phone and files on my computer.

Cheers for trying to help peeps. Much appreciated.

Edited by thenige