[ROM][4.1.2]AOKP for the ZTE Skate[Updated 20/11]

Guest razzmataz1478

Guest razzmataz1478

AOKP is a Custom ROM based on AOSP and CyanogenMod that adds even more customisation and functionality than the latter.

Device configs are KANGed from ColdFusionX

Some sources have been altered by myself to make it compile.

Download: http://sdrv.ms/UgfhZw

Most that works on CFX *should* be working on this ROM.

Known issues:

Phone and Clock crash every boot when upgrading from CFX2

Camera

Play Store temperamental

Messaging

Edited by razzmataz1478

Ics, gb, Jb?

There's already ics aokp that's completely built from source.

So I suppose this one will be jb?

Ah I see... 4.1.1 so jb!

Edited by C3C0

Guest razzmataz1478
Ics, gb, Jb?

There's already ics aokp that's completely built from source.

So I suppose this one will be jb?

Ah I see... 4.1.1 so jb!

I'll put JB in the coming soon tag when I release ;)

Guest razzmataz1478

Just so you (all) know, I was hoping to get a build out today, or tomorrow, but because nothing's ever simple that ain't gonna happen.

Basically, lunch thinks the skate is crespo, even though I clearly define skate, and spews out an error message that it can't find the device config for the damned Google phone. Ok it's a little more complicated than that, but..

yeah, that's how things are right now.

You can follow my woeful attempt at a new ROM here;

http://github.com/ryangay/

if you're interested that is.. I'm nearly there.

Guest razzmataz1478
I've done a personal aokp build just to see how I liked it compared to cm. Didn't like it so didn't build again. I'll have a look at the sources tomorrow.

Okay, thanks. I'm think I'm going to delete my aokp vendor repo, fork again, and rewrite the makefiles for skate as an AOKP product, and hopefully there will be no reference of crespo. Looked in every makefile, script in device config and vendor files and I never saw crespo in on line of any single file for the skate. Just really odd.

Guest VirusPlus

i dont know if this is the right place to post... but i installed an AOKP 4.1.1 ROM on my HTC HD2 and this AOKP ROM use Gingerbread camera app instead of ICS-JB one. If is that possible to do it for our phone maybe we can have a full fuctionaly GB camera and LED flash in 4.1.1 ROM.

Guest razzmataz1478

i dont know if this is the right place to post... but i installed an AOKP 4.1.1 ROM on my HTC HD2 and this AOKP ROM use Gingerbread camera app instead of ICS-JB one. If is that possible to do it for our phone maybe we can have a full fuctionaly GB camera and LED flash in 4.1.1 ROM.

No, functionality is nothing to do with the app. (Well, it is, but not much)

The problem we have is no OMX (armv6), hacky camera HAL, and I don't know about flash..(kernel problem?).

Guest omegavesko

No, functionality is nothing to do with the app. (Well, it is, but not much)

The problem we have is no OMX (armv6), hacky camera HAL, and I don't know about flash..(kernel problem?).

I think the flash problem is library related. It's certainly not being fixed anytime soon.

We are using liboemcamera from blade (has no flash)

Because skate one is totally incompatible with ics libcamera.

I tried in the past and managed to make changes to eliminate ugly crashes but got no preview since I had to disable quite a lot of essential code that's necessary for frame processing...

Edited by C3C0

Guest omegavesko

We are using liboemcamera from blade (has no flash)

Because skate one is totally incompatible with ics libcamera.

I tried in the past and managed to make changes to eliminate ugly crashes but got no preview since I had to disable quite a lot of essential code that's necessary for frame processing...

Right, I remember Lalit pointing out that we're using the Blade's liboemcamera.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest razzmataz1478

OK so I've merged the latest upstream commits and I'm trying to get this to compile, unfortunately AOKP don't have any armv6 resources so I've had to mix and match repos. Nothing big.

I'll try and get it compiling this week while I have time before my exams start