B895 OTA available

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Hello everyone,

I've just received OTA update to B895. It updates facebook application, adds backup app and it might do something else.

I've also uploaded HwOUC directory which contains the diff update:

https://dl.dropbox.c...27086/HwOUC.zip

Cheers.

//EDIT:

There are more changes than that.

Edited by ScutulatusCrotalus

Guest Colin Whiteside

omg.jpg

Edit- hmm, just tried to do an OTA and it's saying there are no updates available. Could this be on a gradual rollout?

Edited by Colin Whiteside

Guest Colin Whiteside

Not long after I think.

Matter of days wasn't it? Looking forward to the "when will we get ICS?!" posts to be replaced with "when will someone finish porting JB?!" posts.

Guest Hoggonator

I bought the phone from Voda UK but I am on GiffGaff - I assume that would not effect my ability to get an OTA upgrade (it did not when I went to 892 OTA) - still nothing appearing here. Stock GB rooted only

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

It is in Czech republic, bought from Vodafone. I assumed that VF UK gets it in the same time. So the middle of Europe got an upgrade. I wonder when ICS arrives.

Guest Colin Whiteside

It is in Czech republic, bought from Vodafone. I assumed that VF UK gets it in the same time. So the middle of Europe got an upgrade. I wonder when ICS arrives.

VF Czech Republic operate quite separately from VFUK, so the update probably won't roll out at the same time. I get the feeling they're doing a classic staggered soft launch; release in NZ first, then some smaller European nations and work up to the UK once they're sure there aren't any serious bugs lying about.

Guest xZaratustrAx

VDF Portugal said about two weeks ago that ICS was approved by VDF PT and it would be OTA in about 2/3 weeks. It'll be two weeks next wednesday, if I'm not mistaken.

So, if they were telling the truth, ICS will OTA somewhere between today and the next week. We'll see.

Edited by xZaratustrAx

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

I went back to B882 just to check the OTA, but I only got B885 and nothing more. That's kinda weird, isn't it?

I do not guarantee functionality of this solution:

Have you tried force flashing UK ROM, root it, restore IMEI, force flash again any UK ROM (at this time only B882, B885, B892 (dazzozos mirror has B892, but for U8818, not UK version))? This worked for me, I think that IMEI backup has data that tells ROM that it is Vodafone model. No vendor update.app needed - Huawei was right. IMEI backup (on original VF ROM or any other service provider) and restore is needed when you need to restore your ROM to a factory state if you flashed other than your service provider's ROM (like I did - I went from UK ROM B892 to B934, to B936, to worldwide B884, to chinese B926, to B934 again .. blabla). When I restored IMEI on UK ROM, flashed UK ROM again, Vodafone crap apps suddenly appears and toggle notification buttons works.

Edited by ScutulatusCrotalus

That's what I did. I went from Infusion B04 to official B882 from somewhere around here via the IMEI hack. Middlepackage didn't work for me for the first time (Probably because I was using B926's baseband instead of B927's? It worked every single time before). B885 was offered to me immediately after the first complete B882 boot but no B892 or B895. Nevermind that. I am back on the best ROM so far (AtomicMod) as ICS just seems too sluggish for me nowadays without the accelerated UI. My hopes are now with Dazzozo and CM10.

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

That's what I did. I went from Infusion B04 to official B882 from somewhere around here via the IMEI hack. Middlepackage didn't work for me for the first time (Probably because I was using B926's baseband instead of B927's? It worked every single time before). B885 was offered to me immediately after the first complete B882 boot but no B892 or B895. Nevermind that. I am back on the best ROM so far (AtomicMod) as ICS just seems too sluggish for me nowadays without the accelerated UI. My hopes are now with Dazzozo and CM10.

The exact steps what I did - I flashed B882 via IMEI hack as a forced install (restoring not my own IMEI, then from B936 via dload folder by pressing vol updown + power), rooted it, restored IMEI, flashed middle package (I think that package allowed me upgrade&downgrade from&to any ROM), flashed UK B892. After flashing B892 (UK, not that one's on Dazzozo's mirror - http://www.huaweidevice.com/uk/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDAxOTA= ) my notification toggles appeared and vodafone stuff too.

by the way: from czech rep?

Guest Jamie :)

I'd like to install this but I'm on the B886 test version, Does anyone know where I can find a more updated VF official rom? The ones I've tried aren't VF, just stock

Guest ahatomastarday

Another one here with a G300 from Vodafone UK and the update doesn't show up in my phone either :( I'm on B892, didn't root the phone nor flash any other ROM or anything, I have it just as it came from Vodafone UK.

Edited by ahatomastarday

Guest psionandy

Another one here with a G300 from Vodafone UK and the update doesn't show up in my phone either :( I'm on B892, didn't root the phone nor flash any other ROM or anything, I have it just as it came from Vodafone UK.

Same here... I don't think the OTA has been released yet