[ROM] ParanoidAndroid 2.81 CM10 4.1.2 [Updated 31.3.2013]

Guest zeelog

Thanks :-) Don't know if its my problem, but when i want to launch Stock UI, PA Settings stop working.

Same here. Stock UI not working.

Yes, thanks for pointing this out, pa prefs seem to be broken in 2.22, either replace pa preferences apk (system/app) with this one https://hotfile.com/dl/176555354/cdca94c/ParanoidPreferences.apk.html or else flash entire updated rom: https://hotfile.com/dl/176555293/457f1b3/pa_blade-2.22.9-18OCT2012-132744.zip.html (contains updated pa prefs + additional pa preset + battery status bar)

Nice update with 2.22!

I found a bug: the 2G notification toggle doesn't work, it does not change the network type. :(

2g toggle requires long press to enter data menu..

Guest trabukoZTEW

try using the camera app from the app drawer (or from gallery app), not from desktop screen. you can always re-create a shortcut..

Problem solved!

Thanks! ^_^

Guest sam tyler

Yes, thanks for pointing this out, pa prefs seem to be broken in 2.22, either replace pa preferences apk (system/app) with this one https://hotfile.com/...rences.apk.html or else flash entire updated rom: https://hotfile.com/...132744.zip.html (contains updated pa prefs + additional pa preset + battery status bar)

2g toggle requires long press to enter data menu..

ive got the same problem now! :) just waiting for now for download of new ROM(tried installing just the prefs,but didn`t work for me) some sort of time thing on the download..first time i have had a prob with this rom!! thanks for the heads up Zeelog.......sorry to ask,but could you upload the updated ROM to goo? as i seem to probs downloading this,if you can thanks. Edited by sam tyler

ive got the same problem now! :) just waiting for now for download of new ROM(tried installing just the prefs,but didn`t work for me) some sort of time thing on the download..first time i have had a prob with this rom!! thanks for the heads up Zeelog.......sorry to ask,but could you upload the updated ROM to goo? as i seem to probs downloading this,if you can thanks.

no problem, just uploaded on goo, link on first page of this thread.

Guest sam tyler

still getting paranoid settings stopped.the rest works...........as ive had only wiped daivik cache in advanced.(recovery)i think i may have to do a first install(wipe data/factory reset,wipe cache) of this ROM.don`t really want to,but that's the way i can sort those paranoid settings out. i can live with out the p.settings as the phone is working fine.just to let you know,the other u.i.`s were working it was only when i selected stock u.i. i had the problems. and it was the first time looked at those settings.(2.22)

Edited by sam tyler

At the new 2.22.9 version the google search keeps giving "Stopped Working" i hope you fix that! :)

don't think it has anything to do with the update, tested fine here.. try clearing app data/cache, alternatively remove and reinstall app.

Guest sam tyler

did a fresh install of the ROM today(including wipe cache/data/factory reset)saved messages,apps etc and the paranoid settings work but when I reinstalled my messages via titanium backup.but I got force closes on messages.lucky I wrote down what I needed. ( contacts re stalled fine.)gone through the ui's on p.settings and all work.hopefully I won't have to do that again when the next update is due or stay with this version for longer.

Guest sam tyler

I don`t know if this helps over the paranoid settings f.c.`s,but when i tried to change the look/size of the youtube app in the P settings.in the large screen setting,when i ticked the box active it and i got the force close notice.when i came out of the p.settings and went back in,i unchecked the large screen (inactive)and that stopped my f.c.`s but when you change the way app looks(youtube app)it does change the layout of it. i`ve gone through all the U.I.`s i`m using the tablet U.I(with the status bar at the bottom)but at least you can`t screw the apps when you change U.I. so im going change a few other apps to see i can change.

Guest footynutdyl

Can anyone help me, the status bar seems to overlap the top of all my apps and i have tried all the Paranoid settings. Is there anything else i could try?

no problem at all but only 1 thing i want to say

I installed his rom fast smooth and stable so far the only issue i face was status bar, Its Tablet mod Status bar is very small and unable to read notification easily , i was thinking that if you could increase the status bar drawer in height wise then it could be more easier to read? because of screen limitation we cant make it wider but we can make it long. Another Idea was that can we put add drawer shortcut in soft navigation keys? because for those users who dont like the dock bar or those who want to put more widgets will find this very useful and easy. Thanks

And i can perfectly fit this rom into 131MB of system partition very very easily with very little trimming.

Edited by HDuser

yeh but except status bar, that need to be tweaked as i said above and its best.

you can actually adjust the status bar size from pa settings > interface > status bar size - don't put values too high otherwise softkeys, status bar icons won't fit properly...

you can actually adjust the status bar size from pa settings > interface > status bar size - don't put values too high otherwise softkeys, status bar icons won't fit properly...

yes but it wider the status bar intead of making it higher so i request that you please add option that make status bar higher, Thanks in advance

Edited by HDuser

like the rom! Have a question though..... in the 2 g toggle, i am unable to get the 3g only option (on status bar). Am I missing out on something? Or is the option not there in the rom

Guest NxtStep

can we hope some transparency to the status bar? :) :wub: It would be Awesome.

You can set it transparent with v2.50. Go to Settings > System > Status bar and scroll down to color, you can set the alpha level there.

can we hope some transparency to the status bar? :) :wub: It would be Awesome.

You can set it transparent with v2.50. Go to Settings > System > Status bar and scroll down to color, you can set the alpha level there.

indeed, transparency alpha channel is #69000000, provided that you use Trebuchet as default launcher. Might not look good with other launchers and may cause flickering..at least up till now.

latest installed fine ... crashed so bad i`ve had to pull the battery 3 times ... i was giving it some stick messing with the settings so i have no idea what caused the crashes,when i get a better idea i`ll post ...

lovely rom,love the settings per app :D

indeed, transparency alpha channel is #69000000, provided that you use Trebuchet as default launcher. Might not look good with other launchers and may cause flickering..at least up till now.

Thank you very much, hoping much more from you :) keep your awesome work up.btw I just thought if we could also change the color of clock in status bar? TIP: Transparency will increase if you increase the 1st digit i.e #10000000 to #20000000.

latest installed fine ... crashed so bad i`ve had to pull the battery 3 times ... i was giving it some stick messing with the settings so i have no idea what caused the crashes,when i get a better idea i`ll post ...

lovely rom,love the settings per app :D

every thing worked fine for me, I think you didnt formatted /system /sd-ext /data /cache delvik cach

Edited by HDuser