[CM7.2Final/Improved] For Liquid A1/Liquid E

Guest Ainillia

Guest chamma88

hi guys

has anyone else issue with the notification lights in acer liquid A1

they are not working properly, with a facebook msg, missed call notification light gets on blinking. and with a missed call its turns msg light.

Edited by chamma88

hi guys

has anyone else issue with the notification lights in acer liquid A1

they are not working properly, with a facebook msg, missed call notification light gets on blinking. and with a missed call its turns msg light.

1- Go to Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Interface > LED notifications > Unconfigured

2- Select the app you want to change the LED for (for example Missed Call)

3- Set the settings like this

a- LED mode > Use application settings

b- Flash color > (white if you want the message light, green if you want the missed call light)

c- Save

4- Repeat for all apps with wrong notification light

Edited by Ma7moud

Played a bit with the library yesterday, i got nearly 50fps once, but now it doesn't even boot... Seems that library is linked to another one.

surfaceflinger, copybit, gralloc hwcomposer are dependent on each other.

Played a bit with the library yesterday, i got nearly 50fps once, but now it doesn't even boot... Seems that library is linked to another one.

Hi Ainillia, if you replace the libsurfaceflinger.so file into the rom, wipe and flash it you should not have problem.

Guest Ainillia

surfaceflinger, copybit, gralloc hwcomposer are dependent on each other.

Hi Ainillia, if you replace the libsurfaceflinger.so file into the rom, wipe and flash it you should not have problem.

I know, but thanks anyway ;)

guys could you tell me what's up with the battery in this kernel/rom?

was the random sudden-drain fixed? soz if that was asked already but it's the only thing which keeps me on stock 2.2 because i'm sick of reinstalling each rom again and again...

Guest Ainillia

Ainilla, do you think to update your "final" rom with these new files, or you are done with CM7.2??

Thanks anyway!!

Yes, but i don't know which to change exactly. Samples would be nice too.

guys could you tell me what's up with the battery in this kernel/rom?

was the random sudden-drain fixed? soz if that was asked already but it's the only thing which keeps me on stock 2.2 because i'm sick of reinstalling each rom again and again...

Likely, yes. :)

Yes, but i don't know which to change exactly. Samples would be nice too.

I hope you can try contacting thePasto before replacing any files to rom updates, he may guide you right, after all he is the developer of cm7.1 and also cm7.2 base, on which you worked and tweaked. His advice may be helpful. He may know what could be the reason of this problem.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Ainillia

news for the 3d performance patch?

No, but, I tested/modfied some libs, but the battery is more drained with them.

Also, sometimes it boots, sometimes not.

Project is slowed down a bit, i'm currently working on some other things in C#, CM9, and some beta softwares.

Guest zorginho

No, but, I tested/modfied some libs, but the battery is more drained with them.

Also, sometimes it boots, sometimes not.

Project is slowed down a bit, i'm currently working on some other things in C#, CM9, and some beta softwares.

kk thx so if i replace that file: system\lib\libsurfaceflinger.so

with the one from liquidnext sometimes the rom doesn't boot?

just tried this rom... a bit disappointed:

1. first boot - hang with black screen (screen, buttons not) just after choosing language and google account made me a bit cautious.

2. some freaking launcher with some fancy 'never seen before' menus and don't tell me it eats less memory, opening launcher's app list takes forever each time lol! definitely slower than stock 2.2...

no idea why u guys keep putting these things... moreover it's up to user which launcher he would be using

3. sometimes 'power' button doesn't turn it on and most likely it's just lagging to turn on because it blinked few times and for the next time I managed to turn it on. (just tried youpi's last rom - had same sometimes, but was never before even on older betas)

4. skull animation sux :>

sigh... going stock yet again i think...

Guest paulus4605

just tried this rom... a bit disappointed:

1. first boot - hang with black screen (screen, buttons not) just after choosing language and google account made me a bit cautious.

2. some freaking launcher with some fancy 'never seen before' menus and don't tell me it eats less memory, opening launcher's app list takes forever each time lol! definitely slower than stock 2.2...

no idea why u guys keep putting these things... moreover it's up to user which launcher he would be using

3. sometimes 'power' button doesn't turn it on and most likely it's just lagging to turn on because it blinked few times and for the next time I managed to turn it on. (just tried youpi's last rom - had same sometimes, but was never before even on older betas)

4. skull animation sux :>

sigh... going stock yet again i think...

Well it's up to you to be disapointed or not however you should read the first and second post before you start complainingif you have read all the notes after finishing the flashing part you should have seen that it could take up 5 min before the phone starts up.

secondly you say some stupid launcher is starting up doing something you don't like, yet again if you have been reading the first 2 posts of this thread correctly you should be aware that they can be removed and replaced by something that's more suitable for the user of the phone.

Point 4 if you don't like the bootanimation you are free to change it, and also this was mentioned in one of the posts within this thread,

And if you really want to be safe then indeed you should go back to your stock 2.2 and don't bother wipe your phone again and try a custom rom yet again before you made up your mind and start to complain about something that you really don't want to have in the first place.

Guest Ainillia

does anyone have problem with CoPilot Premium?

It stats but after a few seconds crashes.. can you confirm?

I don't know, i have to pay the app :s sorry

kk thx so if i replace that file: system\lib\libsurfaceflinger.so

with the one from liquidnext sometimes the rom doesn't boot?

Yes this one boots, that's mines are booting, or not..

Hello. Tell me how to increase the FPS video camera? 3 frames per second is not very good. How to increase to 15-19 frames?

No camera can increase fps, you can get like 16-18fps, but your phone will probably reboot.

Well it's up to you to be disapointed or not however you should read the first and second post before you start complainingif you have read all the notes after finishing the flashing part you should have seen that it could take up 5 min before the phone starts up.

secondly you say some stupid launcher is starting up doing something you don't like, yet again if you have been reading the first 2 posts of this thread correctly you should be aware that they can be removed and replaced by something that's more suitable for the user of the phone.

Point 4 if you don't like the bootanimation you are free to change it, and also this was mentioned in one of the posts within this thread,

And if you really want to be safe then indeed you should go back to your stock 2.2 and don't bother wipe your phone again and try a custom rom yet again before you made up your mind and start to complain about something that you really don't want to have in the first place.

Thank you paulus xD

-------------------------------------

For 3D improvement, testing solutions.. You can push the LN 1.9.2 Libraries if you want, too.

For CM9 dev, testing ROMs and trying to get some improvements/fixes..

I'm asking myself, why there is ~10.000 views, 500DLs, but only some thanks and paypal shows 0 donations. :huh:

Thanks to people who thanked or reviewved of course :blush:

Edited by Ainillia

Guest Delnar_Ersike

I generally like this version of CM7.2, but I do have a couple issues:

1. For some reason, ADB just will not work for me. It is enabled in the Settings, but I neither get the notification when I plug the phone in, nor is my phone listed when I run adb devices.
  2. I have ADWLauncher, I uninstalled GoLauncher, and I have Lock Home in Memory checked, yet the launcher is still killed plenty of times, even though I am not even close to running out RAM.
  3. Rebooting the phone is a giant pain: most of the time, it will freeze at the lockscreen. It usually will not accept the PIN I enter, even though it is the exact same PIN I used to unlock the phone 2 minutes beforehand. Oh, and it will also lock up if I have it plugged in as well. This means that a normal, ~1 minute reboot will turn into a 15 minute ordeal. I am using a custom SVS with overclocked frequencies that are only stable with the voltages of the custom SVS, and I only swapped out libsurfaceflinger.so for LiquidNext's.

For some reason, ADB just will not work for me. It is enabled in the Settings, but I neither get the notification when I plug the phone in, nor is my phone listed when I run adb devices.

Looks like a driver problem, try to re-install Acer drivers or try another computer

I have ADWLauncher, I uninstalled GoLauncher, and I have Lock Home in Memory checked, yet the launcher is still killed plenty of times, even though I am not even close to running out RAM.

Might be ADW Launcher's problem, install another launcher and see if it still gets killed

Rebooting the phone is a giant pain: most of the time, it will freeze at the lockscreen. It usually will not accept the PIN I enter, even though it is the exact same PIN I used to unlock the phone 2 minutes beforehand. Oh, and it will also lock up if I have it plugged in as well. This means that a normal, ~1 minute reboot will turn into a 15 minute ordeal. I am using a custom SVS with overclocked frequencies that are only stable with the voltages of the custom SVS, and I only swapped out libsurfaceflinger.so for LiquidNext's.

libsurfaceflinger.so might be responsible for the freezes, or maybe the overclock. my phone freezes very often when on 998MHz with default SVS, even though i always used 998MHz with all other roms. but the freezes and reboots stopped after switching to 960MHz with default SVS

And I don't use PIN code so i don't know what causes that

sigh... oh, so kind of you to help me in problems' solving. I did read both posts and I was following it step by step.

5 minutes to start is okay, but as I said it HUNG after choosing language and google account.

just hung - blank black screen and even buttons don't work (if the device is not hanging then these buttons always light up but not in this case)

secondly, it's a bad idea to force everybody to use some launcher which nobody want to use and to make them install their own each time, even the default one is better...

I though the basic idea of replacing launcher is to make the device more responsive and I appreciate if the suggested launcher is good and fast, but in this case - it's just useless piece of s*** on A1.

and the last

> ..start to complain about something that you really don't want to have in the first place..

damn long sentence but this rom feels like a mistake comparing to old torosso's n honor cm7.2 beta rom on some old kernel and youpi's first releases which were working better...

even more - they were almost ideal if not the battery drain problem... so it was obvious for me to except some 'heavily tweaked/fast/new release' rom be fast and to fix known problems, not to create new ones...

Guest Ainillia

sigh... oh, so kind of you to help me in problems' solving. I did read both posts and I was following it step by step.

5 minutes to start is okay, but as I said it HUNG after choosing language and google account.

just hung - blank black screen and even buttons don't work (if the device is not hanging then these buttons always light up but not in this case)

secondly, it's a bad idea to force everybody to use some launcher which nobody want to use and to make them install their own each time, even the default one is better...

I though the basic idea of replacing launcher is to make the device more responsive and I appreciate if the suggested launcher is good and fast, but in this case - it's just useless piece of s*** on A1.

and the last

> ..start to complain about something that you really don't want to have in the first place..

damn long sentence but this rom feels like a mistake comparing to old torosso's n honor cm7.2 beta rom on some old kernel and youpi's first releases which were working better...

even more - they were almost ideal if not the battery drain problem... so it was obvious for me to except some 'heavily tweaked/fast/new release' rom be fast and to fix known problems, not to create new ones...

Are you sure you Wiped all before installing ? Did you enabled swap ?

It's curious you are the only one to have this problem...

For " Delnar_Ersike " before, adb notification is disabled but adb itself is ennabled, as logcat works and terminal too.

and the last

You are being overly harsh. try developing a ROM yourself, then you will appreciate the hard work that goes into it. The rom is extremely stable and fast. If there is something that is problematic, you simply report it. Personally, I simply removed the launcher and installed my favorite one. Problem solved. I wanted DSP Manager so I flashed it. Problem Solved. I didn't like the boot animation so i removed it. Problem solved. The only thing that remains is to increase the sensitivity of voice recording, which I have not figured out yet.