[CM7.2Final/Improved] For Liquid A1/Liquid E

Guest Ainillia

Guest Ainillia

You are being overly harsh. try developing a ROM yourself, then you will appreciate the hard work that goes into it. The rom is extremely stable and fast. If there is something that is problematic, you simply report it. Personally, I simply removed the launcher and installed my favorite one. Problem solved. I wanted DSP Manager so I flashed it. Problem Solved. I didn't like the boot animation so i removed it. Problem solved. The only thing that remains is to increase the sensitivity of voice recording, which I have not figured out yet.

Notice that the voice recording bug is related to CM7.x.. Still searching on btw.

Ainillia, yep, wiped everything few times, not the first time installing roms.

swap? no, just because I never had a need of it in other cm7.2 roms or elsewhere except when running fat games. I thought this is the rom with more ram tweaked ;)

well the hang problems is not that bad because all I have to do is just to pull off the battery, then everything was fine.

more importantly is a fat launcher, few freezes and slowness of screen turning on (and as I see this is same in youpi's rom too, thought it wasn't in older releases)

usju, see for all your steps: want -> install/flash - that's okay, but for the launcher: want->remove->install/flash.

Just face it: Does anybody in this thread like the fat and slow launcher? No. Then remove it, problem solved.

Guest ~{FoREvEr}~

Did you installed TTS addon ?

not yet.. do you think it is required for proper work?

It seems to work now ;) thx

Edited by ~{FoREvEr}~

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Looks like a driver problem, try to re-install Acer drivers or try another computer

For " Delnar_Ersike " before, adb notification is disabled but adb itself is ennabled, as logcat works and terminal too.

Reinstalled the drivers, didn't work, did it again, didn't work, did it one more time, third time was the charm: ADB is now working. It would be nice to have the ADb notification turned back on, or at least have the option to enable it.

Might be ADW Launcher's problem, install another launcher and see if it still gets killed

I use ADWLauncher mainly because in my experience, it is the launcher that gets killed the least. Ie. when I was using the "non-final" version of CM7, it rarely got killed, but in this ROM, it's getting killed a lot more frequently.

libsurfaceflinger.so might be responsible for the freezes, or maybe the overclock. my phone freezes very often when on 998MHz with default SVS, even though i always used 998MHz with all other roms. but the freezes and reboots stopped after switching to 960MHz with default SVS

I know from experience that my phone can take 1036Mhz at default SVS, and I know it can take 1036Mhz on this ROM as well (I tested it to make sure). However, it can only take 1113Mhz with my custom SVS, so I think the issue is that the ROM sets custom frequencies before setting the custom SVS. Changed maxfreq in cmstat's xml file to circumvent the issue.

And I don't use PIN code so i don't know what causes that

Ooh, this bug is really getting on my nerves. I pretty much have to pull settings.db, edit it to disable my lockscreen, then push it back whenever I reboot my phone. Not cool at all... PIN works fine if I simply wake my phone from sleep, it's the reboot that kills it.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Hello everybody ! please tell me, i do not flash gingerbread roms because of the low fps in the camcorder, the camcorder is important for me because i make amateur videos just for fun till i bay a camera, but for now, i just want to know if this rom has the same problem of fps or not, liquidnext is the best gingerbread rom concerning fps but not as good as froyo. i wait for your answers see you ;)

Guest Ainillia

Hello everybody ! please tell me, i do not flash gingerbread roms because of the low fps in the camcorder, the camcorder is important for me because i make amateur videos just for fun till i bay a camera, but for now, i just want to know if this rom has the same problem of fps or not, liquidnext is the best gingerbread rom concerning fps but not as good as froyo. i wait for your answers see you

So don't flash this, or maybe you want 12-13fps.. Sorry.. Lacks of codecs.

Edited by Ainillia

Guest JohnyR21

Hey Ainillia, nice ROM! The problem I'm having is that it says com.android.phone keeps crashing. I cleared the cache, factory reset, and dal cache and then flashed and it still wont work. If I try to put CM9, same process, I don't get this error. I would rather use your rom cause it seems lighter. Any ideas? Thanks :)

I use ADWLauncher mainly because in my experience, it is the launcher that gets killed the least. Ie. when I was using the "non-final" version of CM7, it rarely got killed, but in this ROM, it's getting killed a lot more frequently.

I know from experience that my phone can take 1036Mhz at default SVS, and I know it can take 1036Mhz on this ROM as well (I tested it to make sure). However, it can only take 1113Mhz with my custom SVS, so I think the issue is that the ROM sets custom frequencies before setting the custom SVS. Changed maxfreq in cmstat's xml file to circumvent the issue.

I'm using Holo Launcher and it never got killed on this ROM

and maybe find a way to set custom SVS using init.d files, i'm using it for overclock so my phone boots faster

I'm using Holo Launcher and it never got killed on this ROM

and maybe find a way to set custom SVS using init.d files, i'm using it for overclock so my phone boots faster

I also use Holo Launcher and it also never got killed and it uses less ram around 14mb sometimes.(1 always have 110+mb ram free)

Edited by Diljeet

How do you have that much free ram? :P

I always have between 70 and 95MB with Whatsapp and TweakDeck running in the background

I am sorry, i have 70 around figures when i see in about phone, but they also include cache process.

But when i look in phone's running services(Settings-Applications-Running Services) i see 118mb free ram and sometimes around 125mb(without launcher in memory), i look at it almost every time i use my liquid, i also used search key long press app to running services so i can watch available memory, after launching or using apps.

You can also try FMR memory Cleaner, its very effective, best ram cleaning app i every found.

Edited by Diljeet

Really nice ROM!

One question : When i get a missed call it shows the message indicator and when i get a message it shows the missed call indicator ontop of the phone.

Tried to look in the thread but could not find anyone else with that, Can i fix it somehow or do i have to reinstall it again?

Really nice ROM!

One question : When i get a missed call it shows the message indicator and when i get a message it shows the missed call indicator ontop of the phone.

Tried to look in the thread but could not find anyone else with that, Can i fix it somehow or do i have to reinstall it again?

1- Go to Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Interface > LED notifications > Unconfigured

2- Select the app you want to change the LED for (for example Missed Call)

3- Set the settings like this

a- LED mode > Use application settings

b- Flash color > (white if you want the message light, green if you want the missed call light)

c- Save

4- Repeat for all apps with wrong notification light

Hey Ainillia, nice ROM! The problem I'm having is that it says com.android.phone keeps crashing. I cleared the cache, factory reset, and dal cache and then flashed and it still wont work. If I try to put CM9, same process, I don't get this error. I would rather use your rom cause it seems lighter. Any ideas? Thanks :)

You mentioned wipe cache dalvik-cache,factory reset, but you forgot to mention Wipe SYSTEM in TWRP, did you try Wiping all of them in single go, everything worked like a charm for me when i did that and flashed rom plus rmva2sd one after other.

No crashes related to com.android.phone are reported so far you should try flashing it without the sim card and use the rom for sometime without sim and see if you have crashes or not.

Guest JohnyR21

You mentioned wipe cache dalvik-cache,factory reset, but you forgot to mention Wipe SYSTEM in TWRP, did you try Wiping all of them in single go, everything worked like a charm for me when i did that and flashed rom plus rmva2sd one after other.

No crashes related to com.android.phone are reported so far you should try flashing it without the sim card and use the rom for sometime without sim and see if you have crashes or not.

I wiped everything there was to wipe in TWRP haha. All menus with "wipe", I did it :P

Alright, when I Get tired of CM9 I'll try it again. Too lazy now, already setup everything on CM9 hehe. Thanks!

anillia u're planning to release some updates for that rom?

I think Anillia and others are working on CM9 and i guess CM10 too, wait until CM9 next version is released. Till now the bugs of Cm7.2 are not solved, the fps tweak by brgi also gives some errors so No update is made.

Anillia is busy with other projects too, i think he will not be planning for update, he will surely update the rom ASAP(if any bugs will be solved till then, wait and enjoy)36.gif

I think Anillia and others are working on CM9 and i guess CM10 too, wait until CM9 next version is released. Till now the bugs of Cm7.2 are not solved, the fps tweak by brgi also gives some errors so No update is made.

Anillia is busy with other projects too, i think he will not be planning for update, he will surely update the rom ASAP(if any bugs will be solved till then, wait and enjoy)36.gif

I Hope that he spends his all the time on CM9 and CM10 ... is a huge step forward compared to gingerbread ... I use everyday CM7.2 with my Liquid E and CM10 on my tablet (a 7 inches Ainol Elf 2 dual core ... a good chinese gimmick) ... is a totally different thing, and phablet mode is fantastic !!!!