[CM7.2Final/Improved] For Liquid A1/Liquid E

Guest Ainillia

I Hope that he spends his all the time on CM9 and CM10 ... is a huge step forward compared to gingerbread ... I use everyday CM7.2 with my Liquid E and CM10 on my tablet (a 7 inches Ainol Elf 2 dual core ... a good chinese gimmick) ... is a totally different thing, and phablet mode is fantastic !!!!

I also hope to see CM9 an CM10 functioning on my Liquid(i like them too much 111.gif)

Guest lupohirp

i'm planning to release a new update of cm7.2

here the changelog

• imported .35 power manager (forgot battery drains :D)
  • imported .32 framebuffer driver
  • some fixes here and some fixes there
  • enabled wifi power control service
  • new lowmemorykillerfix (should give more ram free to get work)

this is a kernel borned from collaboration of me and thepasto. also for ics there are good news...it's really stable and i'm working also on cm10 :)

maybe release of cm7.2 today or tomorrow :)

Edited by lupohirp

i'm planning to release a new update of cm7.2

here the changelog

• imported .35 power manager (forgot battery drains :D )
  • imported .32 framebuffer driver
  • some fixes here and some fixes there
  • enabled wifi power control service
  • new lowmemorykillerfix (should give more ram free to get work)

this is a kernel borned from collaboration of me and thepasto. also for ics there are good news...it's really stable and i'm working also on cm10 :)

maybe release of cm7.2 today or tomorrow :)

Sounds great, i don't know how much more can we get now, i already played Asphalt 7 Heat on A1 and it runs great no lags at all(without overclock).

Definitely our Liquid development is gone up

Good Luck with CM1041.gif

Edited by Diljeet

It's already used, as far as I know

Thanks if its true.

But my point is if we use linaro then how we are still having frame rates around 30fps(which we had earlier too), whereas we should atleast have them above 45 to be minimum of maybe above 55 as per the video says.

We never saw major improvements, so how do you know we use it?(it may be like that we are using the older tool chains of linaro where as new ones are fast and not used, i heard cm9 was going to implement the code from linaro but i don't know much about it yet)

By the way the Sweep2Wake feature at post #11 looks cool, i hope devs can make it work too(just dont know how the input will work in Deep Sleep).

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Master_T

Thanks if its true.

But my point is if we use linaro then how we are still having frame rates around 30fps(which we had earlier too), whereas we should atleast have them above 45 to be minimum of maybe above 55 as per the video says.

We never saw major improvements, so how do you know we use it?(it may be like that we are using the older tool chains of linaro where as new ones are fast and not used, i heard cm9 was going to implement the code from linaro but i don't know much about it yet)

By the way the Sweep2Wake feature at post #11 looks cool, i hope devs can make it work too(just dont know how the input will work in Deep Sleep).

As far as I know the Linaro code doesn't do miracles... it slightly improves fps, but it's not "magic", the fact is the Liquid is old, and there's a limit to what software optimization can do.

As far as I know the Linaro code doesn't do miracles... it slightly improves fps, but it's not "magic", the fact is the Liquid is old, and there's a limit to what software optimization can do.

Ok thanks :(

can you tell me, will the jelly bean butter project be ineffective on Acer Liquid or it will improve things.

As iphone 3gs has specs similar to liquid but is much smooth, so i thought that it is software problem and may be rendering algos can correct them.

Edited by Diljeet

Ok thanks

can you tell me, will the jelly bean butter project be ineffective on Acer Liquid or it will improve things.

As iphone 3gs has specs similar to liquid but is much smooth, so i thought that it is software problem and may be rendering algos can correct them.

I think Project Butter uses triple buffering to draw animations at 60 fps or as close as possible to 60, I wonder if our Liquid can do that without some side effects like battery drain

okay guys I took mah time to check the rom again, but with few precautions :)

- replaced go launcher with adw from youpi's rom;

- replaced skull animation with skatedroid from cm7 (yay, the skull is 6 megabytes comparing with skate which is 1,6mb... and looks better);

- replaced mi filemanager with rootexplorer;

- removed titanium backup.

and you kno the rom looks not that bad after all :D but...

it DOES drain battery too like all the cm7.2s, it's not fixed:

sometimes it has no deepsleep, just whooped from 95% to 30 in 9 hours....

ps can't wait for thepasto's new kernel :[

post-259098-0-20642300-1348993036_thumb.

post-259098-0-25884400-1348993053_thumb.

Edited by GvM

Guest Ainillia

okay guys I took mah time to check the rom again, but with few precautions

- replaced skull animation with skatedroid from cm7 (yay, the skull is 6 megabytes comparing with skate which is 1,6mb... and looks better);

and you kno the rom looks not that bad after all but...

This is not a bug, actually, the phone can't go in deepsleep if wifi/data/sync/3G are activated (one of them, forgot which). And the screen must be off.

Maybe someone can confirm the feature which locks the deepsleep mode.

Edited by Ainillia

This is not a bug, actually, the phone can't go in deepsleep if wifi/data/sync/3G are activated (one of them, forgot which). And the screen must be off.

Maybe someone can confirm the feature which locks the deepsleep mode.

from those 4 things only wifi makes the phone unable to go to deep sleep, when i'm on 3G it goes into deep sleep as usual (I always have auto sync on)

and the Maps app also sometimes keeps the phone awake, i froze it with titanium backup and i still found it took 19% of my battery this morning and my phone was awake all night with no wifi on, so i uninstalled it

Ma7moud, if you'll check advanced settings in wifi then you'll see few modes for it, like: never sleep, never sleep when on charger, sleep when display off. and that's all when wifi is ON.

Ainillia, wifi, sync, data were off for night and certainly 3g was on - it's a phone isn't it...? no app was working and the info were showing something like OS android 89%, display 2% as always.

this problem is well known around and a real s*** happening on all cm7.2's. it never happens on stock 2.2 and never w/ chocolate kernel.

new roms keep coming but this bug just keeps migrating from one to other... who needs a phone which can eat 70-90% while standby in a night.

PS only restarting the phone helps for a while but mostly appears again when you put it charging...

Ma7moud, if you'll check advanced settings in wifi then you'll see few modes for it, like: never sleep, never sleep when on charger, sleep when display off. and that's all when wifi is ON.

Ainillia, wifi, sync, data were off for night and certainly 3g was on - it's a phone isn't it...? no app was working and the info were showing something like OS android 89%, display 2% as always.

this problem is well known around and a real s*** happening on all cm7.2's. it never happens on stock 2.2 and never w/ chocolate kernel.

new roms keep coming but this bug just keeps migrating from one to other... who needs a phone which can eat 70-90% while standby in a night.

PS only restarting the phone helps for a while but mostly appears again when you put it charging...

If you set the mode to sleep when display is off then it turns wifi off when you turn the screen off, I don't want that. but on ICS it makes the wifi go in a low power mode but stays connected, which is much better

and this bug is really random, last time it happened to me was a few months ago on LN 1.9.2

back then i used to reboot the phone after disconnecting the charger every time

Guest lupohirp

Yes it has weak 3d performance.

Hey lupohirp please have a look at this video

do you think we can use linaro on our acer.

for weak 3d performances...the reason is that we need .35 kgsl driver. problem is that on our kernel .35 drivers doesn't start but the 3.0 kgsl yes. but 3.0 kgsl is designed for ics and isn't suitable so i don't know how to resolve for the moment. for linaro toolchain this rom will be built with linaro toolchain yes :)

okay guys I took mah time to check the rom again, but with few precautions

and you kno the rom looks not that bad after all but...

for battery drain it's fixed now with the .35 power manager. but i've founded that with interactivex governor cpu doesn't go in deep sleep so this governor is bugged and don't use it.

Edited by lupohirp

for weak 3d performances...the reason is that we need .35 kgsl driver. problem is that on our kernel .35 drivers doesn't start but the 3.0 kgsl yes. but 3.0 kgsl is designed for ics and isn't suitable so i don't know how to resolve for the moment. for linaro toolchain this rom will be built with linaro toolchain yes :)

Ok i can understand now we can't use this on cm7.2(or maybe CM9 work is too much complete to use it, i mean you and others may have to rework everything to use it on CM9).67.gif

One question, will you try to use it on CM10 because it is under development and i don't know how far you got on that, so will it be better if you keep the linaro(4.7) concept from beginning, so the rom turns out to be the best one yet(Or you think it is a bad idea).63.gif

And by the way what is the 3d performance of LG Optimus One p500, on CM9 And CM10(can we know :) ).

Edited by Diljeet

I have a 93% Deep Sleep with onDemand governer, 4% 128MHz, 1% 768MHz, for 9:36 hours without any phone frequent usage, but i don't usually overclock my Liquid :D

Edited by Diljeet

Yay, some new behavior here!

So I set the governor back to ondemand and the clocks to 245-960mhz (had these at stock 2.2 and it was kewl even up to 998mhz)

Everything was fine all the day, I was listening music while going back home, then the phone put on charge.

After few hours I noticed that from around 50-60% it charged only up to 88% but on 2.2 I would get it fully charged by that time (that's around 2 hours I think) and the bottom of the phone is pretty warm.

I overlook that and kept watching movie on mah PC. Later when I got it showing me 100% it was pretty hot like I were playing some 3d games.

Then I decided to check the current cpu clock and the cpuspy showed that it's about 3 hours of being @ 960mhz, but before charging it was like 3 minutes @ 960mhz and all other bars showing @ 245mhz / deep sleep.

I put the setcpu on and whoa... - the phone just stuck on 960mhz with ondemand governor. I remember it should be going back and forth in normal condition if you scroll pages/do nothing but in this case - just stuck.

Changing upper clock with setcpu didn't lead to anything though the clock was capped by max value, it's a pity I forgot about cm clock config so dunno if that would/not unstuck it...

Also the overall performance was pretty choppy (scrolling menus was choppy, installing setcpu was a bit slow for a tiny app).

I also took android system info (ASI tool) to check any insidious processes but no... nothing interesting - mostly same apps I use all the time and install from the same .apk from my local drive,

nothing was using the CPU, also tried to close everything, stopped some google services, etc

that didn't help either.... so reboot made things normal but somehow... DO NOT LAEK.

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Yay, some new behavior here!

So I set the governor back to ondemand and the clocks to 245-960mhz (had these at stock 2.2 and it was kewl even up to 998mhz)

Everything was fine all the day, I was listening music while going back home, then the phone put on charge.

After few hours I noticed that from around 50-60% it charged only up to 88% but on 2.2 I would get it fully charged by that time (that's around 2 hours I think) and the bottom of the phone is pretty warm.

I overlook that and kept watching movie on mah PC. Later when I got it showing me 100% it was pretty hot like I were playing some 3d games.

Then I decided to check the current cpu clock and the cpuspy showed that it's about 3 hours of being @ 960mhz, but before charging it was like 3 minutes @ 960mhz and all other bars showing @ 245mhz / deep sleep.

I put the setcpu on and whoa... - the phone just stuck on 960mhz with ondemand governor. I remember it should be going back and forth in normal condition if you scroll pages/do nothing but in this case - just stuck.

Changing upper clock with setcpu didn't lead to anything though the clock was capped by max value, it's a pity I forgot about cm clock config so dunno if that would/not unstuck it...

Also the overall performance was pretty choppy (scrolling menus was choppy, installing setcpu was a bit slow for a tiny app).

I also took android system info (ASI tool) to check any insidious processes but no... nothing interesting - mostly same apps I use all the time and install from the same .apk from my local drive,

nothing was using the CPU, also tried to close everything, stopped some google services, etc

that didn't help either.... so reboot made things normal but somehow... DO NOT LAEK.

Switch to SmartAssV2 governor, it's pretty much what the ondemand governor was intended to be. Also, you could try decreasing the lower clock level to 128 Mhz, since this ROM lets you do that, and don't forget to tinker around with a custom SVS if you're up for it: lowering the voltage on certain frequencies might create instability, but it will also save on power if your phone can take it.

Still, you will have the occasional bugged frequency, so the moment you feel your device burning in your pocket, take it out and remove the battery ASAP, let it cool for a while, then put it back it. I've had my phone do this about 7 times in total over the past 2 or so years. and I was using a different ROM each time, though I was always overclocked to 998MHz.

Guest lupohirp

sorry for not releasing guys but i'm doing a massive work on kernel.

in addition to the previous commits we added these features:

• .35 power manager (forgot battery drain)
  • .35 mdp drivers( we can use qcom libraries now yeahhh)
  • .35 framebuffer driver
  • other things that i forgot

Before release i want to backport kgsl drivers so we will have a semi .35 kernel with a lot of updated drivers. unfortunately time is not so much :(

Guest Diljeet

sorry for not releasing guys but i'm doing a massive work on kernel.

in addition to the previous commits we added these features:

• .35 power manager (forgot battery drain)
  • .35 mdp drivers( we can use qcom libraries now yeahhh)
  • .35 framebuffer driver
  • other things that i forgot

Before release i want to backport kgsl drivers so we will have a semi .35 kernel with a lot of updated drivers. unfortunately time is not so much :D

Thanks lupohirp, great work, only by hearing all this i feel so excited, don't know what will happen when you release it.

For such great work no worries about the time, GOOD DAY(Please keep us updated like this for CM9 and CM10 too)

79.gif79.gif79.gif79.gif79.gif