[ROM] [ICS] [B944] favaroooo B6 [13-11 UPDATE]

Guest fraska

Guest Potatoes

Meant anything else

You won't be able to use the script for anything else, I guess it does come with tools like apktool which it uses to decompile apks but it's no different to downloading it yourself if you wanted apktool.

Guest TangerineTractor

I'm just happy sticking to the ics-circle zip - I've stuck it on a few roms and it's killed them, but it worked fine on this one - I installed everything else first, then powered down and stuck it on, to make sure if it didn;t start it was this that did it. One big plus on the ics-circle mod is that it alternates between charging and the battery level when you have the phone plugged in - some roms, like infusion, only show the charging indicator.

Guest Potatoes

One big plus on the ics-circle mod is that it alternates between charging and the battery level when you have the phone plugged in - some roms, like infusion, only show the charging indicator.

Oddly I prefer the Infusion way :P I find the flicking between the indicators is irritating

Guest TangerineTractor

Oddly I prefer the Infusion way I find the flicking between the indicators is irritating

:blink: Once charged, it stays showing 100 - I just like the way I know how much charge is in it while its sitting charging, otherwise you have to pull the charger out to see how far you've got.

Been running this ROM for nine hours now, no issues at all yet.

Guest Potatoes

Once charged, it stays showing 100 - I just like the way I know how much charge is in it while its sitting charging, otherwise you have to pull the charger out to see how far you've got.

Been running this ROM for nine hours now, no issues at all yet.

it tells you the charge status on the lockscreen too :P

Guest TangerineTractor

it tells you the charge status on the lockscreen too

I don;t have the lockscreen enabled. Don't see the point when you have to use the power button to turn on anyway.

Guest Hoggonator

Hi

I have stock 892 on 109808 - Can I upgrade directly to this? Phone is rooted via the Paul method and I have CWM on here but I cannot get this on, Did a CWM backup first so luckly been able to set the phone back to working mode every time but just cannot get this to take.

Tried both methods from the boards - From the 'Help I'm new thread':

4a. Boot your phone into Clockwork Mod Recovery which you installed in section 3. Do this by either pulling your battery and then replacing it, then powering on with volume up held. Or i select restart from the power menu and just keep the volume up button held.

4b. Make a backup of your current rom. This is optional but a good idea! Do this by selecting "Backup and Restore" then "Backup". Once this is done you need to select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" this wipes EVERYTHING.

4c. To install a rom you have already downloaded and placed on your sdcard now select "Install Zip from SDcard". Then choose "Choose Zip from SDcard". Navigate to the folder containing your rom zip and select it with the power key.Once it finishes installing you can go back to the main menu and select "Reboot System Now".

And from the 'upgrade downgrade' thread section 4

• From the CWM menu (Volume Buttons go up and down and Home is Select and Back is Back.) Select Install ZIP from SDCard > Choose ZIP from SDCard > and select the ROM you downloaded (the zip file) you will then need to confirm it. (Install can take up to 10 minutes dependent on the ROM selected so be patient)
  • Once completed you will be returned to the Main CWM Menu from there select "Wipe Cache Partition" and then select "Wipe Data / Factory Reset"
  • Once completed you will be returned to the Main CWM Menu from there select Install zip from SDCard > Choose zip from SDCard > Now select the following files for you chosen firmware
  • AT THIS POINT I CHOSE THIS .ZIP file that was in the root of my SD card
  • Once completed you will be returned to the Main CWM Menu from there select "Wipe Cache Partition" and then select "Wipe Data / Factory Reset" an finally select Reboot.
  • Once the device has rebooted you will be greeted with the Setup Wizard, Follow the instructions to complete setup on your device.
  • You are now running GB or ICS with a custom ROM and Google Apps as well as any other add-ons you choose to install.

No joy :(

ETA: When I say no joy I mean it just sticks on the Huawei screen when I do the final reboot.

Edited by Hoggonator

Guest TangerineTractor

boot into cwm

wipe system

wipee cache

mounts... format system, format data format cache

advanced.. wipe dalvik, wipe battery stats

then install zip

reboot

Guest TangerineTractor

boot into cwm

wipe system

wipee cache

mounts... format system, format data format cache

advanced.. wipe dalvik, wipe battery stats

then install zip

reboot

Sorry I could not answer before, in any case, I noticed the problem with the root and also with the live wallpapers and in the next version (soon) I'll try to fix things.

Guest TangerineTractor

Sorry I could not answer before, in any case, I noticed the problem with the root and also with the live wallpapers and in the next version (soon) I'll try to fix things.

installing super user zip fixes root, so it's no big deal. rest of the Rom is streets ahead of the others available.

Guest Asghar_UK

Not the smoothest rom, the leaked 936 was great, but overall a very good rom. Sometimes lags then sorts itself out.

The main thing however is that I have not had a single reboot with this rom in over a day. Used to get reboots now and again with all the other latest ICS roms.