[ROM] [ICS] [B944] favaroooo B6 [13-11 UPDATE]

Guest fraska

I honestly don't know, I mean I know clockworkmod does have the backup and restore option (it's even in the screenshot above), I don't really know what you've done up to here.

it doent give me these options:

back and restore

mounts and storage

advanced

go back

it also looks like a different version, could it be that i need new version or something. yes i have used the guide to upgrade to b936 but want to flash this rom.

I honestly don't know, I mean I know clockworkmod does have the backup and restore option (it's even in the screenshot above), I don't really know what you've done up to here.

i am trying to follow your guide.

1. make sure you copy your custom rom to your sdcard

2. boot into clockworkmod recovery

3. backup your existing rom by going to "backup and restore"

4. then to backup.

Once complete you can install your custom rom:

5. "wipe data / factory reset"

6. format /system by going to "mounts and storage" > "format /system"

7. wipe the dalvik cache by going to "advanced" > "Wipe Dalvik Cache"

8. install zip from sdcard

9. choose zip from sdcard

10. confirm

11. reboot

If you do not have the 'Backup and Restore' option then chances are you have stock recovery installed and not CWM. Try re-installing CWM.

how do i install this, is there a download link please...

do i just don

If you read you will see version 5 is probably recommended and the how to install has been covered so so many times.

do i just download like the one in the guide and install, do i have to unlock bootloader first,

Guest Potatoes

how do i add the notification bar to the scroll down bar.i want the wifi.battery etc bar so i stays in the pull down bar just like on old version.

Top right hand corner of the forum, click the gear icon. Use 'notification' as the search term, check the show as posts checkbox below it. Skim read to relevant posts.

Top right hand corner of the forum, click the gear icon. Use 'notification' as the search term, check the show as posts checkbox below it. Skim read to relevant posts.

people are saying you have to get the vendor folder and flash that with new rom, there is a vendor folder in this release so why hasnt if updated it with that one. slightly confused , could someone please point me in the right direction.

Guest antoniolordelo

OP says this ROM is rooted but I can't get root access. Superuser is installed

EDIT: i've ran unlockbootloader.exe in the mean time and it still doesn't work

Edited by antoniolordelo

Guest stevecross

I have been using this all week without a problem and would like to say thanks, smooth and battery time is fairly good. I am looking forward to the next update on this rom.

Guest wouterbeer

I'm on this ROM too, it's working great! Just out of curiosity, how do you guys backup all your txt messages, call logs, whatsapp messages, wifi passwords, etc, to quickly recover it after installing a new rom? For example when I was upgrading to this ROM I had to insert all the Wifi passwords manually..

And another question: is there anyway to stop android making contact by using my data connection when first installed the rom and being in the setup of android? I've no dataplan included in my phone contract, just making use of wifi. So pretty annoying when on the first boot after installing it contacts servers using the 3g network... Any suggestions how to avoid this?

Edit: on the backup part; I read somewhere that wifi passwords and system settings are automaticcaly backupped to your google account (I also enable this on the phone) but can't find how to restore this afterwards?

Edited by wouterbeer

Nice! Just installed this, ICS is really getting to be creamy smooth. First time the music player has been quick, and the interface is feeling as responsive as my Blade now. Thanks for the good work, can't wait to see what else you have in the pipeline for this!

I'm on this ROM too, it's working great! Just out of curiosity, how do you guys backup all your txt messages, call logs, whatsapp messages, wifi passwords, etc, to quickly recover it after installing a new rom? For example when I was upgrading to this ROM I had to insert all the Wifi passwords manually..

And another question: is there anyway to stop android making contact by using my data connection when first installed the rom and being in the setup of android? I've no dataplan included in my phone contract, just making use of wifi. So pretty annoying when on the first boot after installing it contacts servers using the 3g network... Any suggestions how to avoid this?

Edit: on the backup part; I read somewhere that wifi passwords and system settings are automaticcaly backupped to your google account (I also enable this on the phone) but can't find how to restore this afterwards?

For the backups I think that Titanium Backup is right for your, but i never used it..

For 3G connection I'm sorry but I don't know, I will search info.

Nice! Just installed this, ICS is really getting to be creamy smooth. First time the music player has been quick, and the interface is feeling as responsive as my Blade now. Thanks for the good work, can't wait to see what else you have in the pipeline for this!

Thanks ;) the next release maybe will be realeased in the next week

Guest wso277

Hi, i'm testing this rom and it seems to be good but i have a problem.

I'm not able to install the game granny smith from the market. It says the phone is not compatible, but i bought and had it installed in infusion rom.

Any help on this please?

Guest Rumcajs47

1. My sister has the GB B888 Stock installed, can i update this with the default update procedure (Settings > Storage > Software Upgrade > SDCard Upgrade) ?

(I have guide my sister thru Skype and she was able to update to B888 which worked fine, that way she can do it again, but over CWM which is not even installed i thing its gone be to difficult for her)

2. Does the "voice to text" feature still works i ask it because some apps are removed from this rom, and she like to use it a lot?

Edited by Rumcajs47

First you must install an official stock ICS rom in order to change the baseband to 2030. There are a few pinned guides which explain - e.g. Explained like you're 5.........Install to official ICS update. Also 2nd & 3rd pinned posts. Read & make sure you understand before attempting this. It's not too difficult but you need to be clear about the steps & follow them carefully.

Dunno about voice to text as I haven't tried this ROM

Guest Rumcajs47

ok i have read about it and i understand i need to be on 2030 baseband first, bevore i can install this rom.

So i/she can install "B936 ICS official rom first" with the standard update procedure (Settings > Storage > Software Upgrade > SDCard Upgrade)

But can i then install this rom the same way without using CWM or is CWM absolutely necessary to install this rom ?

Guest fraska

Hi, i'm testing this rom and it seems to be good but i have a problem.

I'm not able to install the game granny smith from the market. It says the phone is not compatible, but i bought and had it installed in infusion rom.

Any help on this please?

Maybe in Infusion rom the user agent of the phone is edited but I can't tell other

1. My sister has the GB B888 Stock installed, can i update this with the default update procedure (Settings > Storage > Software Upgrade > SDCard Upgrade) ?

(I have guide my sister thru Skype and she was able to update to B888 which worked fine, that way she can do it again, but over CWM which is not even installed i thing its gone be to difficult for her)

2. Does the "voice to text" feature still works i ask it because some apps are removed from this rom, and she like to use it a lot?

1. You have to update to B926 (http://www.modaco.com/topic/355583-guide-how-to-install-and-root-ics-403-on-the-g300-b926hspa11/) and after flash via CWM the rom.

2. Voice to text is present and it works