[ROM] [ICS] [B944] favaroooo B6 [13-11 UPDATE]

Guest fraska

seems long winded process, If i go ahead and follow the standard ics process can i install straight away install this one on top. seems a lot of peers are struggling even with the guide. how long does the process take?

Guest Potatoes

seems long winded process, If i go ahead and follow the standard ics process can i install straight away install this one on top. seems a lot of peers are struggling even with the guide. how long does the process take?

You can install this from when you get to the part in the guide about installing a custom rom. The reason why its long winded is firstly you need upgrade to ics via an official update, this is so that your baseband gets updated since practically all custom rooms flash using clockworkmod (cwm) which doesn't touch the baseband. Once have an official ics you can't simply flash a new rom since at default you're locked out from fiddling with it. So you have to undertake steps to gain admin (root) access and unlock the bootloader. Only once you've got access and installed cwm can you flash over the original. So sure its long winded but there's no way around it if you want a custom rom. It could be worse, at least you have a decent guide to follow :P

Guest top_score

from stock 2.3.6 to this is not that quick if it's your first time.

it took me about 2 hours, but that's including all the downloads needed.

it takes so long because you need to read all the posts, absorb the information, read again, and check you understand, then read again before proceeding.

the actual process of flashing from stock to this is probably about 30 mins, once you have cwm installed flashing a new custom rom takes about 8 mins.

You can install this from when you get to the part in the guide about installing a custom rom. The reason why its long winded is firstly you need upgrade to ics via an official update, this is so that your baseband gets updated since practically all custom rooms flash using clockworkmod (cwm) which doesn't touch the baseband. Once have an official ics you can't simply flash a new rom since at default you're locked out from fiddling with it. So you have to undertake steps to gain admin (root) access and unlock the bootloader. Only once you've got access and installed cwm can you flash over the original. So sure its long winded but there's no way around it if you want a custom rom. It could be worse, at least you have a decent guide to follow

which one is the offical update, do i follow the guide install the custom ics then install this over the top, dont want to mess things up.

Guest Potatoes

which one is the offical update, do i follow the guide install the custom ics then install this over the top, dont want to mess things up.

This is the start, follow from the first page, read and understand each step before you do anything and follow though exactly until you reach "Step 7 - Install the custom ROM" then you download and install this b940 favaroooo rom. All the links to the necessary files are in the guide so just follow the guide. Just to be clear, some parts of the guide change depending on whether you're on Gingerbread or ICS, if you are on Gingerbread your baseband is 109808. Really I can't explain things more clear than that guide. It's literally a step by step, all files provided guide.

This is the start, follow from the first page, read and understand each step before you do anything and follow though exactly until you reach "Step 7 - Install the custom ROM" then you download and install this b940 favaroooo rom. All the links to the necessary files are in the guide so just follow the guide. Just to be clear, some parts of the guide change depending on whether you're on Gingerbread or ICS, if you are on Gingerbread your baseband is 109808. Really I can't explain things more clear than that guide. It's literally a step by step, all files provided guide.

thanks

thanksaliale rom

which is most reliable rom without any issues ,i also hear some have bettery battey life, i need one that dosnt have any issue like the gingerbread one for everyday use and the best battery.

Guest Potatoes

which is most reliable rom without any issues ,i also hear some have bettery battey life, i need one that dosnt have any issue like the gingerbread one for everyday use and the best battery.

There is no conclusive most reliable rom, all roms seems to work for some and have issues for others, I'd be very surprised if there was one rom here that everyone thought it worked perfectly fine. Nobody really knows why a particular rom works for some people and why it has problems for others, for example reboot, wifi issues etc. The most logical explanation right now is that Huawei has been using different hardware in their phones even though they're the same model and causing some of these problems when installed with some roms. The best thing to do is try them out for yourself, I've tried many and have never had any reboot or radio problems on any of them. Any rom released in the past month should be pretty decent and favaroooo is a good start as any.

Edited by Potatoes

I think it's more a matter of which base people are using before they start flashing zips. All sorts of stuff from the base Rom gets left behind. Only update.app flashes/wipes everything (except storage)

Guest Potatoes

I think it's more a matter of which base people are using before they start flashing zips. All sorts of stuff from the base Rom gets left behind. Only update.app flashes/wipes everything (except storage)

Yep it's certainly plausible but still doesn't explain everything, I mean I got my phone in July and I put on b926 which was the official china release (like many here I live in the UK) and that's what I've used since then. I've installed loads of different roms, every version of infusion apart from the latest yet and I've never had any issues apart from early ICS performance being totally bad but it was bad for everyone.

Edited by Potatoes

Guest Potatoes

is the standard 936 rom better than 2.3.6 gingerbread, some people are saying it's not as good, would this one make a big difference in performace and battery use?

Tbh, I didn't stay on gingerbread long enough to see, I hated the huawei's gb when I bought it so upgraded pretty much as soon as I knew there were no issues with the phone.

what are the steps to install this over b936

what is for the file named "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip"? he says to download and flash after you flashed the custom rom

You don't need to install gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip with this rom since it already has google apps. The steps is the same as installing all custom roms.

1. make sure you copy your custom rom to your sdcard

2. boot into clockworkmod recovery

3. backup your existing rom by going to "backup and restore"

4. then to backup.

Once complete you can install your custom rom:

5. "wipe data / factory reset"

6. format /system by going to "mounts and storage" > "format /system"

7. wipe the dalvik cache by going to "advanced" > "Wipe Dalvik Cache"

8. install zip from sdcard

9. choose zip from sdcard

10. confirm

11. reboot

If anything goes wrong you can always restore the backup you made by holding power and down volume button to get back into clockworkmod and to "backup and restore" > restore.

Edited by Potatoes

Hi,

One big issue that I'm having with this rom is that neither HiSuite nor my pc can see the phone. While on infussion rom , all I had to do was select the USB debugging mode on the phone and HiSuite would install the drivers and daemon on the phone and everything was just fine. On this rom, it's as if I didn't connect a thing. Even that annoying sound that windows makes when you connect something over usb is missing. Hm...

Guest Potatoes

Hi,

One big issue that I'm having with this rom is that neither HiSuite nor my pc can see the phone. While on infussion rom , all I had to do was select the USB debugging mode on the phone and HiSuite would install the drivers and daemon on the phone and everything was just fine. On this rom, it's as if I didn't connect a thing. Even that annoying sound that windows makes when you connect something over usb is missing. Hm...

Nothing is installed on the phone, the drivers are for windows so that it can detect the g300. Once installed it should work regardless of rom.

Nothing is installed on the phone, the drivers are for windows so that it can detect the g300. Once installed it should work regardless of rom.

Sorry, I ment that HiSuite would install or rather reinstall drivers on to the pc and the daemon on the phone. Anyway, I can't get it to work but the new infussion just came out so I'll try with that and see if it works...

Edit: Installed Infussion and everything's working fine so I'm guessing something is missing with this rom...

Edited by ukimann

Tbh, I didn't stay on gingerbread long enough to see, I hated the huawei's gb when I bought it so upgraded pretty much as soon as I knew there were no issues with the phone.

You don't need to install gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip with this rom since it already has google apps. The steps is the same as installing all custom roms.

1. make sure you copy your custom rom to your sdcard

2. boot into clockworkmod recovery

3. backup your existing rom by going to "backup and restore"

4. then to backup.

Once complete you can install your custom rom:

5. "wipe data / factory reset"

6. format /system by going to "mounts and storage" > "format /system"

7. wipe the dalvik cache by going to "advanced" > "Wipe Dalvik Cache"

8. install zip from sdcard

9. choose zip from sdcard

10. confirm

11. reboot

If anything goes wrong you can always restore the backup you made by holding power and down volume button to get back into clockworkmod and to "backup and restore" > restore.

1. how do i copy my existin rom.

2. how do i boot into clockworkmod recovery

3, is the wipe/date/factory rset option in clockworkmod

Guest Potatoes

1. how do i copy my existin rom.

2. how do i boot into clockworkmod recovery

3, is the wipe/date/factory rset option in clockworkmod

I'm not sure what you mean by copy your existing rom, I know what you're saying but I don't know it that's what you mean. Do you mean make a backup of your existing rom, in which case I've already given you the instructions. Or do you mean how to copy this custom rom to your sdcard. Or are you miss-reading 'make sure you copy your custom rom to your sdcard' as backing up your existing rom?

You've booted into clockworkmod recovery before while your were following the previous steps in guide. It's the same - hold power on and up volume at boot.

Yes wipe data / factory reset is in clockworkmod, it's in the guide I linked you http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-custom-rom/

clockworkmod-recovery-g300.png

At this stage I'm a little reluctant to help, not that I don't want to help, I really do, but considering your other thread I'm kinda worried that you'll not be able to follow the instructions correctly and really do brick your phone. I would feel partly responsible since I'm talking you through this.

Guest Potatoes

just tried clockworkmod recover but it dosnt have the backup and restore option so cant backup rom

I honestly don't know, I mean I know clockworkmod does have the backup and restore option (it's even in the screenshot above), I don't really know what you've done up to here.