#askmodaco - The £150 dual SIM Acer Gallant Duo is here

Guest PaulOBrien

Yeah looks decent, but it is worth noting that a huge percentage of chinese phone manufacturers are using the MTK platform and it has already been surpassed by the dual core MTK6577, unfortunately still with the same lowly SGX530 GPU.

These phones go for less than the cost of this Acer and are widely available from exporters.

Was tempted to go for this before I got my G300, But getting a G300 for £65 instead of spending £150 for the Acer was too good an offer to turn down..

I'll certainly be keeping my eye on this though maybe for a future upgrade.

Look forward to seeing a full review.

Guest PaulOBrien

Is it just a bit better than the g300 or a lot better?

also just read paul has rooted it! he never answers my tweets *sob*

Hmmm, 'different' to the G300 really. :D

Sorry! :(

also what is the size of the battery?

1500mAH.

P

Is it just a bit better than the g300 or a lot better?

also just read paul has rooted it! he never answers my tweets *sob*

Can't really compare 2 phones with different prices/specs. Pointless imo

Hi, how much of the 4GB internal memory is available for apps, i.e. how big are the /system and /data partitions?

Thanks...

Addendum: also, I've read somewhere that it mount part of the internal memory as /sdcard and the external SD cannot be used to install apps (even those that allow it normally), or even hold app data. Is that true?

Edited by frubble

Guest Antagonist42

My guess is you'll probably find the motherboard of the phone is already a phone that's out already and maybe ended production, if you find app/apk with CCI in the title it's a production licensed board (CCI is an ODM manufacturing company) from what I can gather.... if anyone has access to one check what the motherboard is called (ACER C6/E320 = ChaCha lol)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.